Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Mako....

Katahn
06.25.2012 , 12:35 PM | #31
I have to agree on the Kaliyo for the "opportunistic agent" story making a lot of sense - but if you consider she was hired by Keeper I can't help but wonder at his reasons for it. Keeper also made use of Jheeg who failed hard at the relatively simple task of importing gifts to give Nem'ro and then again when coming up with the cover identity the agent uses. Is it incompotence or is he trying to see exactly how good the agent is at handling "unplanned chaos"? If its the latter then Kaliyo starts making at least some sense.

But back to Mako... I did find her romance a bit disappointing and the overall pacing of her story disappointing. I went for planets worth of +affection gains before I'd get the next step of the story (and often got it when it led into a companion quest I couldn't do for several levels). As others have said it went from "friends" to "hey we're married" extremely quickly at not until the very end of the arc.

There's also the matter of timing and pacing on other companions' romance arcs and their intersection with class stories. Malavi Quinn for the SW ladies is a big glaring example there.

I'd say the most satisfying romance I've pursued thus far was with darkside Jaesa on my SW. The least satisfying, that made the least sense, was the romance between my totally-unadulterated-pure-evil Assassin and Ashara.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Jaick
06.25.2012 , 02:17 PM | #32
She will always be Eliza Thornberry to me.

Captain_Zone
06.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #33
Oh, and Mako absolutely loves it when you beat the living hell out of that Lord Malfus guy on Alderaan. +50 DS points and +15 Affection with Mako for decking him once, and then another +50 DS and +15 Mako Aff. for OMGROFLcurbstomping him after he demands an apology.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Wallner
06.29.2012 , 10:34 AM | #34
Yeah I'm a level 21 BH. And I'm really confused about Mako. She likes bounty hunters (bounty hunting then too I guess?), but when I try to fulfill my contracts, i.e killing bounties, she gets all upset. It makes no sense, she seems a relatively poorly written character so far.

How can she like bounty hunting and dislike killing targets as soon as they start begging for their life, she's misunderstood the bounty hunting business clearly.
Want to get awesome free stuff in-game? Use my referral link!:
---->http://www.swtor.com/r/63S7yc <-----

Liquidacid
06.29.2012 , 11:13 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Yeah I'm a level 21 BH. And I'm really confused about Mako. She likes bounty hunters (bounty hunting then too I guess?), but when I try to fulfill my contracts, i.e killing bounties, she gets all upset. It makes no sense, she seems a relatively poorly written character so far.

How can she like bounty hunting and dislike killing targets as soon as they start begging for their life, she's misunderstood the bounty hunting business clearly.
well to be fair bounty hunting generally include capturing and bringing someone back alive... if they were all missions just to kill people you'd be an assassin not a bounty hunter

it seems more like you misunderstand the bounty hunting
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Coriolan_Martius
06.29.2012 , 01:04 PM | #36
What is this ... who is hating on my precious, lovely, wonderful Mako. Mako is awesome. She has got spunk but the attitude is not over the top. She leans LS but is also practical ... and understands the need to "off" some targets. She has empathy but is also tough.

On top of those reasons she has some of the best 1 liners:

"I am a slicer not a psychic"

"I am not just the pretty sidekick"

"... only thing standing between you and me and a day at the beach"

Mako I <heart> you!

QseftJohn
06.29.2012 , 08:26 PM | #37
Well thats what gifts are for

AhsokaTanorules
06.30.2012 , 11:55 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post

I am wondering how she reacts

Spoiler

Lunafox
06.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #39
I hate Mako for different reasons, than most people here, lol. Sure she's a lovely person, kind and caring, something the BH might need, given the scum they deal with most of the time. The reason I hate her is because she fails at my crafting missions, like 85% of the time, no matter how much money I sink into gifts, so I'm just not gonna bother to run her for crafting anymore. I realize that Scavaging might not be her forte, but honestly, when the ships droid does better at the missions, you have to wonder, lol.

Also being a female player, with a female LS BH, I find Mako a bit annoying to run with...She fawns too much, 'are you ok?' like 50 times a battle. The little girl also has a self centered streak, because her class quests are so focussed on her and her business...sometimes, I feel like I'm her companion and she's the player...kinda like I felt in the first chapter or so with my JK and Kira...it was all about her too.

I run with Torian or Gault depending on my needs at the time. My hubby has a male LS BH and he absolutely adores Mako...maybe thats another reason I hate her too, lol.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

VJade
07.02.2012 , 06:36 AM | #40
I love Mako....
--------------------------------------------------------------
HTML XML CSS JAVASCRIPT XHTML - www.devsourcecodex.com