Enhancement modify part

The-Eradicator

You actually complete the mission by using the little signpost next to the modification station, not by installing the enhancement. If you sold the enhancement, you can (maybe) buy it back. Visit a vendor, and check the Buyback tab. Unless you've sold a lot of other stuff since then, it should still be there.

If you actually "dropped" it, as in dragged it off your inventory to the world and clicked OK when the popup asked if you really wanted to destroy it, well, the bad news is, it's destroyed, and you can't get it back. The good news is, it's such a low level item it won't hurt you much not having it, and you'll get better before long.

• 1 month later...
I did not see a "Little Sign Post" next to the modification station to do this.. regardless... How do you use the modification stations? They don't make sense, even the tutorial is vague at best. I've tried to figure out augmented slots, I've made a few crafted items, I've also tried to modify some gear for myself but spending time at a modification station trying to get something to work isn't my idea of fun. I have several enhancement. modification items but they aren't specific in explaining HOW they work or how to use them.

I did not see a "Little Sign Post" next to the modification station to do this.. regardless... How do you use the modification stations? They don't make sense, even the tutorial is vague at best. I've tried to figure out augmented slots, I've made a few crafted items, I've also tried to modify some gear for myself but spending time at a modification station trying to get something to work isn't my idea of fun. I have several enhancement. modification items but they aren't specific in explaining HOW they work or how to use them.

Although you can add mods , armourings, enhancments, barrells and hilts via the mod station, you don't need to, and it would very in-efficent if you had to.

For Mods you can simply Ctrl + right click the moddable item in your're inventory or on a item you have actually equipped in one of the armour/weapon slots. This will bring up a details of the mods. You can simply move a mod over the applicable slot to install it this will also overwrite the existing mod if one is in there then press apply to make the change permenant in the bottom right of the mod item window,(drag and drop basically). If you want to keep and remove a mod that is already in the custom armour or weapon you simply drag the mod from the item back to your're inventory although this mod stripping to keep them does cost some credits.

Note that whatever mod you remove it becomes bound so be aware that if you have removed one from a armour or weapon piece in your inventory and that armour peice was not origianally bound the armour will then also become bound. Dont get caught out like this as I was. Personally I think you should be able to remove the mod from a moddable armour or weapon without binding the armour/weapon it came from, but that is the way it is at present.

Bound Mods can ofcourse be transferedd to another of your're moddable items or one of your companions moddable items or sold back to a NPC vendor. If you have the required skill on that type of mod you may also be able to Reverse engineer it.

The mods station sole purpose is actually to install Argument kits into armour or wepon peices. Note you can install Arguments into almost all pieces green and above it does not have to be a custoem piece. Arguments kits are graded from MK1 TO MK9 with 9 being the best. Each Kit costs credits to install and the higher the level Kit the higher the install cost. You do not have to go in order from MK1 to 2 then 3 etc.. you can jump in order froma 3 to a 8 for example. Kist can be purchased from GTN or if you hvae armorutech or Syncweathing crafted. The level of Kit will decide what level Argument can be installed in the slot the Kit creates., But the Arguments that give you the stat bonuses themselves are leveled in that you have to be a certain level to buy and use them. ;)

The signpost is only there for the modification station on the starter worlds. I'm almost certain the mod stations on fleet or anywhere else dont have the little sign.

Now about the stations, they are a holdover from beta. When the game first released they didnt have a purpose. To put armoring, barrels, hilts, mod, and enhancements in your gear you just CTRL right click the piece of orange gear to put it in. Eventually they decided to give the mod stations some purpose. Now all you need them for is to install augment kits. Once you used the augment kit to add an augment slot to a peice of gear, then you add the augment just like all the other stuff, by CTRL right clicking it.