Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

You forgot one: Companion returns in 5.6 in a 1-minute Alliance Alert (and is never heard from again after that except maybe in a letter).

You're giving them to much credit expecting a whole minute, I'm expecting a 30 second KOTOR style return where the companion speaks but I don't. Anything better than that and I'll be surprised. ;)

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a few weeks ago it was said that this will be released in a few weeks. I would very much like to know how long I'll have to wait for more content/stuff that's on the horizon. Get me pumped up about SWTOR future, please. I want something to be excited about. Right now we are in limbo. I don't like limbo and I'm starting to become interested in other games (which is bad because I then will have to decide who gets my money)

(The anticipation on the current story is killing me, please I needs more asap! I want Theron back. )

So, let me guess, what we will read in the new roadmap:

5.5 at end of september?

- new ops boss

- double cxp

5.6 octobre / mid november

- the story about theron continues

- maybe one or two new uprisings?

5.7 mid december

- the last two ops bosses

- lifeday event

Any other ideas?

I heard the whisperings of an xpac drop in Dec via a podcast but nothing confirmed. Hints only

I heard the whisperings of an xpac drop in Dec via a podcast but nothing confirmed. Hints only

While I do want more content, I hope that we don't get another level cap increase. Heck, it's been 9 months since launch and I am still grinding gear for my main, and still don't play may alts as much I want to because my gear is as good as I want it to be, and I jut can't justify playing them to gear up when I still need gear for my main.

So a few weeks ago it was said that this will be released in a few weeks. I would very much like to know how long I'll have to wait for more content/stuff that's on the horizon. Get me pumped up about SWTOR future, please. I want something to be excited about. Right now we are in limbo. I don't like limbo and I'm starting to become interested in other games (which is bad because I then will have to decide who gets my money)

(The anticipation on the current story is killing me, please I needs more asap! I want Theron back. )

I'm curious too, it's been too quiet.:o

I remember that Keith or Eric posted on the forums or said in one of the streams they were guests in that the Roadmap would be released either at the end of August or first half of September. Tomorrow is the 14th, the 15th is the half of September so I have a very strong feeling the Roadmap will be released tomorrow or on the 15th itself. A little bit more patience peepz and we'll know what's in store for the game for the next quarter! Edited by Ylliarus

That is what always had baffled me, PVP people seem to be so... troubled at times. It seems you can never please them, like I am already thrilled I can get into a PVP match without too long of a wait! I always try to leave matches when they're done on a good note, when we lose I say "better next time" and if we win I always say "good job" or "good game". Some politeness would do wonders for the PVP people :p

I agree with this. Personally what would make me pvp is if it felt more like SW Jedi Academy. As a pvp game that was so much better, much more fun. Also, we all went in exactly the same level, we had zero reliance on who spent 200 hours learning what and reading what guides. We logged on, clicked buttons and laughed. Shorter pvp matches would help, that way if i suck, I don't feel like I've waste the time of better players by just feeding the enemy my deaths. Even the best have off days and aren't feeling it. Sitting there for 15-20 minutes of pvp or GSF when you're way off the mark will just make you quit and not go back. And, ranting and raving at a noob or whatever will just scare them off from reading the 200 hours of guides to "get good". I'd pvp if i didn't have so much to learn. Part of that is the community expectations of who should pvp.

I agree with this. Personally what would make me pvp is if it felt more like SW Jedi Academy. As a pvp game that was so much better, much more fun. Also, we all went in exactly the same level, we had zero reliance on who spent 200 hours learning what and reading what guides. We logged on, clicked buttons and laughed. Shorter pvp matches would help, that way if i suck, I don't feel like I've waste the time of better players by just feeding the enemy my deaths. Even the best have off days and aren't feeling it. Sitting there for 15-20 minutes of pvp or GSF when you're way off the mark will just make you quit and not go back. And, ranting and raving at a noob or whatever will just scare them off from reading the 200 hours of guides to "get good". I'd pvp if i didn't have so much to learn. Part of that is the community expectations of who should pvp.

That is a FPS game... not PVP in an MMORPG setting.

Otherwise, what is keeping the existing PVP players around if you got nothing out of it? The gear grind in an MMO-PVP setting is part of it. People that put more time into something should be rewarded for it... ESPECIALLY in an MMO setting.

If you want to play Jedi outcast or academy... go play them but they are not an MMO... and certainly not PVP in an MMORPG setting.

I remember that Keith or Eric posted on the forums or said in one of the streams they were guests in that the Roadmap would be released either at the end of August or first half of September. Tomorrow is the 14th, the 15th is the half of September so I have a very strong feeling the Roadmap will be released tomorrow or on the 15th itself. A little bit more patience peepz and we'll know what's in store for the game for the next quarter!

Well now it is the16th and they don't post anything like that on a weekend. They are losing subs hand over fist. Servers are dying and for some reason, a ranged DPS class has better DCDs than a tank because they have 1 balancing guy. Game updates that bring the servers down but always find a way to update the cartel market.

Say what you want. I did not use to be a nay-sayer. But compared to the QOL and content releases of its competitors... this game is failing to deliver and has the advantage of one of the most recognizable names/IP ever. It is being milked. I did not want to see it. I did not want to admit it to myself but that is how I feel now and do not know another way to see it. There is a very old saying: "proof is in the pudding..." I say indeed.

I have been a sub from launch-I am just tired. I have been on 2 dead servers and left there being the only one on the fleet AT PRIME TIME and given an option to "pay" to move, then this CXP and RNG trash on top of dying servers on a neglected cash cow game. But But... the cartel market works fine. :rolleyes:

I am not seeing a return for my money. EA and other affiliated parties are a bunch of suits getting what they can. They are not giving them the budget and talent they need to effectively run this game to compete with its competitors and that is glaringly obvious.

TL;DR There are just too many hands in the cookie jar and not enough people are making cookies for this game to be effective anymore.

Edited by NuSeC

I, for one, would like to see a full expansion soon. (2-3 new planets 2-3 full ops at minimum, 4-5 flashpoints, 3-4 new PvP arenas and finallly the game changer 1-2 full new classes with full storylines and missions. Then add a nice pound of dramatic story to bring it all together. Wrap it all up in a nice bow, and give the players what they are waiting for.

SWTOR needs something BIG, really BIG to turn this game around into the right direction, and this would be the most likely solution. At this point they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by moving with enthusiasm towards a full expansion.

Without that, I'm finding it harder and harder to justify the "hundreds of thousands" of cartel coins and subscription i pay for each year in this game. Especially, if I don't feel everyone is getting the most bang for their buck, and while I'm at it today.

For goodness sake, let the preferred guys back in. Maybe give them access to the command system with a 15-20% percent reduction of CXP and the return of ops/flashpoints passes, but don't keep them out in the cold and out of our queue like this. Some of these players were long term subs in the past. Instead of punishing them for canceling sub, give them a reason or rather an incentive (by means of a massive expansion combined with better testing and maintenance) to reconsider their stance.

There is one last thing I'd like to mention or rather ask of the devs. Can we please have less RNG in our command crates this time, especially at top tier, we shouldn't see so much if any blue set pieces at all, especially the suboptimal relics over and over that almost no one is interested in using or else make them equally competitive. So they can actually be used. It can be a total letdown, grinding at max level and getting 6-8 boxes in a row with blue gear items and not getting to play your other chars because the first isn't geared up yet.

This is just my humble opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Have a nice one all.

Edited by AriaHimmelberg

Keith,

I am still wondering. It's closing in on 4 months since you released the last roadmap, and at that time I believe that you said you were planning on providing us with quarterly roadmap updates going forward.

I am now interested in knowing if you plan on trying to get back to giving us new quarterly roadmaps, or if you have decided to convert to doing them semi annually, or if you just wont be doing them any more at all.

I suspect that you don't want to even address this question, and that you do work very hard to try to get us the content that we want. Even with that said though, I still think that it is reasonable for me to ask for you to stop giving us vague responses to our requests for information, and start giving us information that we can rely on about future content in this game.

Give Madness sorcs a 3% buff. People are leavig feedbacks. Stop ignoring us

Yup, according to Parsely Madness Sorcs are still under performing, and it seems reasonable to me that they should get buffed, and while they are at it, they should also give sustained damage buffs to other under performing advance classes like Lightning Sorcs, Marksman Snipers, and Arsenal Mercs.

There are 3 NPCs on Carrick Station named Groj. Clearly an oversight. The Tier 2 Consular Unassembled Tokens vendor should be named Yallenkeljo while the Zabrak NPC near the PvP Items vendor should be named Master Vikto.

Correction: The Zabrak NPC near the PvP items vendor should be named something else, but not Master Vikto.

Edited by chaharbagh
Factual correction