Original Tracer Missile Animation

Templock

Sell it so I can play this game.

Oh and make sure it has the proper working sound effects :).

You have carbon copy abilities with different animations eg. Unload/Blazing Bolts, Rail Shot/Mag Shot

You have utility talent abilities that replace standard abilities eg. Sith Sorceror's Saber Strike/Enfeebling Strike

You have numerous animations for the Out-Of-Combat Heal available to purchase on the Cartel Market

Between these three factors I'm sure you can figure out a way to bring back that animation.

You could create an item that when used, replaces the current Tracer Missile with the original Tracer Missile, and sell it on the Cartel Market.

Edited by Templock

Wow. I took a break for almost two years. The guy is still active...?

Come on, it has to be a gig at this point? Like...some sort of running gag in the guild?

he's been gone for a while, or at least not here, probably buys a sub every now and then just to pop in and ask :)

• 2 months later...

If all the employees at Bioware just go to the boss together and say "Look it's been nine years, EA has made it's money, let's just do this one thing for our most stubborn and dedicated player" that'd be great.

Come on I know you want to do it.

If all the employees at Bioware just go to the boss together and say "Look it's been nine years, EA has made it's money, let's just do this one thing for our most stubborn and dedicated player" that'd be great.

Come on I know you want to do it.

If you really were that dedicated, you'd play even with the existing animation.

If you really were that dedicated, you'd play even with the existing animation.

Well that's what I'm doing right now. Spamming Fusion Missile in WZ's and on training dummies. And the only reason I'm playing WZ's is because they're the only place where Fusion Missile's sound effects properly work.

Edited by Templock

I have absolutely no problem if they would bring back these old animations and skills. Also I am asking for Master Strike and other iconic animations for years now. I'm fine if they feel the need to reduce the overall skill-set for all classes (we have way to many skills in this game anyway), but I'm not fine with them removing such iconic moves that defines some classes.

God I want to play this game. I want to play my favorite class with my favorite ability through my favorite story. I wanna go through the entire game from start to finish and tick off every single legacy achievement along the way. I wanna do everything there is to do in this game (except Strongholds, bleh). And then I wanna do it all again!.

But not until that animation comes back.

A great bounty hunter once said:

"Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon." (which btw is, in all likelihood, not too far away!)

Here I am using exclamation marks.

!!!

I think the tracer missile animation we have now is far superior, especially as a part of a rotation for, say, Arsenal spec. Bending over every few seconds looks silly.

A nearly identical animation is used for fusion missile, one of the Mercenary AOE abilities. This is only used occasionally, and fits the role of back-mounted missiles for Mandalorians much closer to Star Wars lore generally, i.e. they only carry a few at most.

While I recognize this is a videogame and the character doesn't really run out of tracer or fusion missiles, it still feels more realistic.

Lastly, the old tracer missile animation kind of makes your character look like it's bending over to take... well, like he/she can't find a refresher anywhere in the SWTOR galaxy.

Maybe BW can bring back the animation for a different/new ability, one that isn't used so frequently, as part of a class/spec rotation? There are many 1.0 abilities that were removed that had great animations for them, particularly those that were only available when your companion stunned an enemy.

Edited by arunav

The current animation is the most blandest, generic thing in this entire game.

You're certainly entitled to an opinion, but the likelihood of BW changing this back is basically nil.

The best you can hope for is a new ability in the future that uses a similar/recycled animation.

You're certainly entitled to an opinion, but the likelihood of BW changing this back is basically nil.

The best you can hope for is a new ability in the future that uses a similar/recycled animation.

Like an exact copy of Tracer Missile with the original animation.

You enjoy bringing people down don't you?

Edited by Templock

You enjoy bringing people down don't you?

Not at all. I am just expressing the opinion it's almost certainly not going to happen, the original tracer missile animation returning for the tracer missile ability.

Maybe Mercenary/Commando specs will get a new ability in the future, and the Mercenary version will look kind of like that animation did.

Edited by arunav