Bring Back my Electro Dart

Baarabas

Every class should be able to take on every other class 1v1 with given circumstances and skill level. Healers should not be un-killable 1v1... but every class including healers should have a strong niche that makes them very hard to beat, but other circumstances where they are easy to kill. For instance if an operative or assassin gets an opener on you with no one else to help they should be very difficult to counter, but easy to kill if you see them first. Ranged dps should be very difficult counter if the fight starts at range but easy to kill if the fight starts at melee range. There is no reason for an Arsenal and pyro merc to both be viable in pvp if the devs take the time to balance them they should be slightly different flavors of the same thing. Just like the Marauder's trees are... (all three specs seem solid with slight changes in play style). Merc dps is ranged dps that has only one spell to that widens the gap... therefor negating any advantage that range is suposed to give you. To basically say "there is no problem... just wait until the other class gets into melee range... you know the range that gives them a giant edge over your class and then hope your cc works and then try to run back out of range" is STUPID Edited by Choffware

If a DPS can kill a healer in 1 on 1, wouldn't it be better for the healer to just be a DPS? When is the healer ever going to be able to heal anyone else if it just takes 1 enemy DPS to neutralize the healer?

The reason why a healer can't die 1v1 to a DPS is because if that were true, in 2v2, the healer would die even faster.

If a DPS can kill a healer in 1 on 1, wouldn't it be better for the healer to just be a DPS? When is the healer ever going to be able to heal anyone else if it just takes 1 enemy DPS to neutralize the healer?

The reason why a healer can't die 1v1 to a DPS is because if that were true, in 2v2, the healer would die even faster.

It does only take one DPS to neutralise a healer.

Healers are worthless solo, they are there to unbalance fights, recover friendlies health during combat and it is the job of other players to guard, peel, taunt and otherwise take the hits for the healer who then keeps them up.

And the reason if you don't know it for healers to be there instead of DPS is that a mixture of TANKS, dps and healers i better than dps with a one way ticket into battle and lousy damage sponging abilities.

The logic for it in PVP is the same as for PVE.

If unhindered by anyone else your DPS output is half of others, you are simply BAD.

Re-read my post. In the current state of the game, a top Merc dps, even if unhindered, can not kill a top Operative healer. He can't even come close. A top Operative healer will actually ALLOW the Merc dps to get him down to 30% health, using his time to heal his teammates instead. And then once he is near 30% and the Merc moves in to use a stun, the Operative will use his 2 stuns + 1 stun breaker to overcome the Merc's 1 stun + 1 stun breaker to leave the Merc stunned while the Operative scoots away. There is no need for the Operative to stealth out. The Operative then heals up and repeats the sequence - with the added benefit that the second time around the Operative will have an even bigger stun capability advantage because of his smaller CDs. At the top skill levels, Merc dps = 1/2 of an Operative healer.

Mercs are in the top half of the DPS spectrum.

Wrong. Unless you use Bioware-style metric measurement. Certainly it is true that if you took all the wzs played, Merc dps would score very highly in damage outputted. But those meta averages are skewed by the hordes of low skill, low gear, low performing Smash Monkeys, Bubble Stun Sorcs, Assassins and other FotM classes which attract low skill players like Dallas attracts plastic surgeons. In contrast, the only Merc dps left playing are the most committed, geared and successful ones since they are the only ones that remain halfway viable.

But once you control for player skill biases, the truth comes out. Amongst top players in low death frequency warzones, damage output by Rage/Focus toons is about 1.2 million, or about 50% greater than for Merc dps. A notable Sorc dps score is about a million or 25% greater than Merc dps. Merc dps is tied for the bottom with snipers and operative dps. Except that the Merc dps brings considerable less utility to the team and has lower survivability. In fact, Merc dps has the lowest utility of ANY dps class, and the lowest survivability of ANY dps class on top of being tied for having the lowest damage output. By any measure, Merc dps holds the Pareto suboptimal title of WORST CLASS IN THE GAME.

It does only take one DPS to neutralise a healer.

Thats my whole point. 1 DPS should neutralize, not kill, a healer.

If a healer cant even heal themself through 1 person's damage....I mean lets just think about that for a minute... That means they also cannot heal a DIFFERENT person through 1 enemy's damage.

Some people are saying that in a 2 on 1, a healer should not be able to keep their ally alive against 1 opponent?

If a healer cant even heal themself through 1 person's damage....I mean lets just think about that for a minute... That means they also cannot heal a DIFFERENT person through 1 enemy's damage.

Some people are saying that in a 2 on 1, a healer should not be able to keep their ally alive against 1 opponent?

The balance of two DPS wearing down each others health at the same rate is unbalanced the moment a health boost is given to one of them. Your example is false.

If it's a DPS vs a tank + healer, again the DPS loses because the tank can sponge so much of the damage that the healer can recover it easily.

If it's a DPS vs a healer + healer, it's a self-heal + extra heal fest and no kill will occur at all.

Edited by Gyronamics

A 1v1 fight with a healer should last long in most cases and the longer it lasts it should be advantage healer ... but at some point given cool downs skill and timing... certain dps classes should be able to take one out 1v1. If not one there would be no reason to roll dps. No a healer can't be one shotted... but they can't be indestructible. This is why Ops healers are still op in warzones...

Then remove snipers ranged root, it is *********** ******** they get to keep theres when they already had and still have higher survivability then Mercs against melee.

psst. root is not a stun, can miss ( I think? ), only stun sniper has i 4 meters range - and he doesn't want to be in that range any way.

psst. root is not a stun, can miss ( I think? ), only stun sniper has i 4 meters range - and he doesn't want to be in that range any way.

A root lines you up for a cast attack and an instant attack before you can move again.

Or you can blow a cc breaker on a root.

While rooted you can still attack, pass the ball, USE defensive cool down... interrupt caps, heal...

I love the way you're passing off being rooted in front of a sniper as well as whatever else might be going on as a trivial thing.

A root is nothing for them to apply but to counter the very substantial disadvantages of it we must use much more valuable tools which we have very few of.