GF Ops -- the final straw

I'm posting here because it pertains to the state of Group FInder Operations.

I never thought I'd post one of these. Until I started typing this. I was a founding member. I played with a level cap of 50. I played with comps that needed gear to perform. I played with comps that were role locked, making things difficult for some classes. Through Hutt Cartel, Shadows of Revan, KOTFE/ET... I was there through it all. I didn't have to buy Shroud of Memory, it was a gift for my subscription throughout the necessary period. I never thought I'd post a message like this. Until I did.

In the Ops Window, it said Eternity Vault. Wonderful. A chance to get back into the swing of GF Ops with something ... well, that's SUPPOSED to be nice and easy. But not so fast. No GF reward without picking "all three." All three what? I kept asking, what the heck does that mean, unless you pick all three?

The raid leader told me to click the filter button. Along with Eternity Vault were two super-heavy-mechanics fights, Hive Queen and Monolith. When we queue, it's pure RNG what we get. We got Hive Queen. Not everyone knew mechanics. Queen redecorated her lair with our remains. We end up walking into EV, we finish, no GF reward. I lost every roll for whatever we got to roll on, and whatever dropped for me in personal loot was crap.

Maybe deconstruct will give me something useful? Nope. Jawa scrap is worthless now. Utterly worthless. If you have THIRTY FREAKING THOUSAND you can buy 100 units of a grade eleven crafting mat. Whoop-de-farkin'-do. Not to mention crafting is borked out the wazoo, but that's another story.

So, my beloved GF Ops is busted. It does squat for me now. It's fallen victim to the dreaded evil RNG gods.

I never thought I would post this. Until I did.

This is the final straw. Time to unsub. What I'll do to pass the time now, with MMO's in general being almost a dying breed, I dunno.

I've missed almost an entire WoW expansion. I'd have to start FF14 from the absolute beginning. I am not a fan of the Elder Scrolls series and know not a bit of its lore. I have nowhere to go MMO-wise. Thanks, Biostink. But we should all "Keep on buying more and more CARTEL PACKS so you can stroke your (sticks - st +d) ever more briskly," right? WRONG.

And no, all of you people reading this cannot haz my stuff. Let it rot in the bowels of cyberspace. Not that any of it is still useful, anyway.

can i have ur stuff?

What part of this:

And no, all of you people reading this cannot haz my stuff. Let it rot in the bowels of cyberspace. Not that any of it is still useful, anyway.

...did you not understand, or are you just being a troll?

I don't quite understand the OP's problem. Yes, you need to pick "all 3" if you want the GF reward - but the key word is "if". And yes, sometimes because of RNG you lose loot votes and end up with a bunch of nothing - but sometimes you win most of the loot votes and it's the others who end up with nothing.

@OP - relax, take a deep breath, and stay subbed. 😉

I don't quite understand the OP's problem. Yes, you need to pick "all 3" if you want the GF reward - but the key word is "if". And yes, sometimes because of RNG you lose loot votes and end up with a bunch of nothing - but sometimes you win most of the loot votes and it's the others who end up with nothing.

@OP - relax, take a deep breath, and stay subbed. 😉

This, I would prefer if they were to revert that decision but it isn't the end of the world.

I'm posting here because it pertains to the state of Group FInder Operations.

I never thought I'd post one of these. Until I started typing this. I was a founding member. I played with a level cap of 50. I played with comps that needed gear to perform. I played with comps that were role locked, making things difficult for some classes. Through Hutt Cartel, Shadows of Revan, KOTFE/ET... I was there through it all. I didn't have to buy Shroud of Memory, it was a gift for my subscription throughout the necessary period. I never thought I'd post a message like this. Until I did.

In the Ops Window, it said Eternity Vault. Wonderful. A chance to get back into the swing of GF Ops with something ... well, that's SUPPOSED to be nice and easy. But not so fast. No GF reward without picking "all three." All three what? I kept asking, what the heck does that mean, unless you pick all three?

The raid leader told me to click the filter button. Along with Eternity Vault were two super-heavy-mechanics fights, Hive Queen and Monolith. When we queue, it's pure RNG what we get. We got Hive Queen. Not everyone knew mechanics. Queen redecorated her lair with our remains. We end up walking into EV, we finish, no GF reward. I lost every roll for whatever we got to roll on, and whatever dropped for me in personal loot was crap.

Maybe deconstruct will give me something useful? Nope. Jawa scrap is worthless now. Utterly worthless. If you have THIRTY FREAKING THOUSAND you can buy 100 units of a grade eleven crafting mat. Whoop-de-farkin'-do. Not to mention crafting is borked out the wazoo, but that's another story.

So, my beloved GF Ops is busted. It does squat for me now. It's fallen victim to the dreaded evil RNG gods.

I never thought I would post this. Until I did.

This is the final straw. Time to unsub. What I'll do to pass the time now, with MMO's in general being almost a dying breed, I dunno.

I've missed almost an entire WoW expansion. I'd have to start FF14 from the absolute beginning. I am not a fan of the Elder Scrolls series and know not a bit of its lore. I have nowhere to go MMO-wise. Thanks, Biostink. But we should all "Keep on buying more and more CARTEL PACKS so you can stroke your (sticks - st +d) ever more briskly," right? WRONG.

OP, in the current gearing meta. ops ARE NOT the best way to go for gear. Flashpoints, on all modes are. Hammer for non-stealhers and Red Reaper for Agents and SI. With RNG vendor as a bonus. And yes, making GF bonus for selecting all ops was a colossal mistake, whoever came up with that doesn't understand anything about ops...

Edited by Gelious

ive been playing since closed beta and im almost in the same boat.

adds should not be 10 times harder than bosses.

mastery power and endurance should not be capped making adrenals and relics useless

the hardest content in the game should not have been relegated to broken players stats

bioware threw away 99% of the game to save the 1% that is level 75

Why don’t you just leave and requeue again?

Leaving a GF activity (ops, fps) causes the player to get locked out from group finder for 20 minutes. It used to be 15 minutes (which isn't really any better), but they added 5 mins with 6.0. For me personally this means no more pugging content with randoms. A lot of my guildies feel the same. We rather go with people we already know, so we know it will be a smooth run.

Yesterday we got Monolith from group finder, and even though it was a full guild run, not everyone in the group was a raider, not in voice chat, and several people joined underleveled or undergeared, so they died.. fast... I'm not sure if you can 6-man SM Monolith, but it was kind of pointless to continue as we only went for GF ops for leveling and gearing reasons. We did another sm ops instead, and managed to get GF DF after that.

Adding RNG to GF ops was a bad idea. Lockout penalty on top of that makes it even worse. I seriously hope they'll fix it or it will kill GF and pug runs really fast. If they want to hold on to the RNG ops, then lockout from q'ing again needs to go. Pvp players can re-q immediately after leaving a warzone, there is no reason to treat pve players differently.

Leaving a GF activity (ops, fps) causes the player to get locked out from group finder for 20 minutes. It used to be 15 minutes (which isn't really any better), but they added 5 mins with 6.0. For me personally this means no more pugging content with randoms. A lot of my guildies feel the same. We rather go with people we already know, so we know it will be a smooth run.

Yesterday we got Monolith from group finder, and even though it was a full guild run, not everyone in the group was a raider, not in voice chat, and several people joined underleveled or undergeared, so they died.. fast... I'm not sure if you can 6-man SM Monolith, but it was kind of pointless to continue as we only went for GF ops for leveling and gearing reasons. We did another sm ops instead, and managed to get GF DF after that.

Adding RNG to GF ops was a bad idea. Lockout penalty on top of that makes it even worse. I seriously hope they'll fix it or it will kill GF and pug runs really fast. If they want to hold on to the RNG ops, then lockout from q'ing again needs to go. Pvp players can re-q immediately after leaving a warzone, there is no reason to treat pve players differently.

This right here can not be said enough.