At what time does 2.0 Start on Sunday?

SaNgGoLd

Why do you choose the option that gives the maximum discontent?

Ideal would be 00:00 midnight saturday for US => Sunday morning europe

as early as possible for US and morning for europe.

Just a heads up -- we have NO idea when they will do it yet. Very possible it will be Midnight PDT -- making it after midnight everywhere. Don't forget -- we have 4 different Time Zones in the US. Midnight PDT would be ~ 3AM EDT, and 7AM GMT, if my math is right.

Amber! Any news for us yet?!

Need to stock up on some coffee and energy drinks -- or grab some sleeping pills! :-D

Maybe I'll grab some lays to snack on, too. But not those Chicken & Waffles ones -- they taste like maple syrup.

I need to stock up with Kilora for all the things listed above :D

I need to start adjusting my sleep schedule tonight so I can get maximum time :D

In terms of fairness, the latest it should be is around 2 am US CST, which is the time that the "pre-release" got access.

Otherwise I do believe that the people who have paid for the expansion will have a legitimate complaint about being denied access to something they paid for.

In terms of fairness, the latest it should be is around 2 am US CST, which is the time that the "pre-release" got access.

Otherwise I do believe that the people who have paid for the expansion will have a legitimate complaint about being denied access to something they paid for.

They won't have a legitimate complaint -- but I semi-understand what you're saying.

Also, as a note, it's CDT right now -- not CST. But those hours are roughly what I listed above.

00:00 PDT

02:00 CDT

03:00 EDT

07:00 GMT

Not sure about any other timezones -- but I think anyone can take it from GMT :-D

They won't have a legitimate complaint -- but I semi-understand what you're saying.

Also, as a note, it's CDT right now -- not CST. But those hours are roughly what I listed above.

00:00 PDT

02:00 CDT

03:00 EDT

07:00 GMT

Not sure about any other timezones -- but I think anyone can take it from GMT :-D

You are right about CDT, I just live in CDT and thus lazily call it CST.

It may or may not be a legitimate complaint. But that is part of the problem with how BW/EA is doing business right now. (about to get in lawyer mode).

Generally when you have an agreement there is an offer/acceptance and has to be meeting of the minds. What was the actual offer BW made? In my opinion it was that I would be given access no more than 5 days after someone who pre-ordered. Thus when I purchased the expansion it was on the explicit belief that as soon as 120 hours passed, I would be granted full access.

Now obviously BW is going to argue that the offer was contingent on many different factors, etc, etc. But that would not make my original complaint less legitimate, it would just mean that there is a dispute over the terms of the contract.

The reality is that $9.99 is not worth fighting about. But in a similar scenario, where money was much greater, this would absolutely be something to fight about.

Hypothetical:

If you buy a ticket for $10mil to ride the Millennium Falcon before January 7, you have the ability to go on the ship 5 days before general access.

If you buy a ticket to ride MF for $10mil after January 7, you do not get 5 days pre-access.

The implication of that offer is that as soon as the 5 days are up, you should be able to go on the ship. Its the same for the game. As soon as the 5 days are up, people who have paid, should be given access.

Now Im not saying EA will do it this way, Im just saying that if they are smart and want the least negative press as possible, they will give access at exactly 120 hours from the pre-access.

Edited by Soxbadger

You are right about CDT, I just live in CDT and thus lazily call it CST.

It may or may not be a legitimate complaint. But that is part of the problem with how BW/EA is doing business right now. (about to get in lawyer mode).

Generally when you have an agreement there is an offer/acceptance and has to be meeting of the minds. What was the actual offer BW made? In my opinion it was that I would be given access no more than 5 days after someone who pre-ordered. Thus when I purchased the expansion it was on the explicit belief that as soon as 120 hours passed, I would be granted full access.

Now obviously BW is going to argue that the offer was contingent on many different factors, etc, etc. But that would not make my original complaint less legitimate, it would just mean that there is a dispute over the terms of the contract.

The reality is that $9.99 is not worth fighting about. But in a similar scenario, where money was much greater, this would absolutely be something to fight about.

Hypothetical:

If you buy a ticket for $10mil to ride the Millennium Falcon before January 7, you have the ability to go on the ship 5 days before general access.

If you buy a ticket to ride MF for $10mil after January 7, you do not get 5 days pre-access.

The implication of that offer is that as soon as the 5 days are up, you should be able to go on the ship. Its the same for the game. As soon as the 5 days are up, people who have paid, should be given access.

Now Im not saying EA will do it this way, Im just saying that if they are smart and want the least negative press as possible, they will give access at exactly 120 hours from the pre-access.

Not meant harshly -- just a disclaimer :-D

If you assumed "no more than 5 days", you are at fault. There was never any stating this. From a legal perspective, it is completely fabricated. The date of release is April 14th, 2013 -- and EA is "5 Days Prior." Because no concrete times were given, and no specific timezone was given, the "no more than. . " is an opinion. Opinions hold no legal standing, and often make the case worse for said person. So, the statement at best would be:

"When I purchased the expansion it was on the implicit belief that as soon as 120 hours passed, I would be granted full access."

There isn't really a good analogy for this -- because unlike the ride on the MF, digital content can be based in multiple time-zones concurrently. Also -- as said before, "number of days" and "hours" have nothing to do with it. The only official notice is "April 14th, 2013." Because of how vaugue this is -- they could theoretically launch the game at 11:59pm PDT on April 14th, and still be in the legal right.

Aside from morons griefing on the forums, I cannot imagine a few hours will give them bad press. It is DEFINITELY in their interest to release it as soon as possible (Say, 12:01am PDT, so staying within 4/14 for everyone) but they aren't required to by law. On top of that -- because of the ToS/EULA we all sign to play the game, they are allowed a MAXIMUM of 180 hours per month in which we cannot access the game (aka downtime).

Long-story Short -- With the size of EA, and it's questionable practices, you can bet they have some of the best and sneakiest lawyers out there. There's no way anyone would EVER have legal grounds to sue them -- they care too much about $$ to make that mistake :-D

Also -- as a follow-up to that. The REAL problem, in my opinion, is the inherent lack of law and oversight when dealing with the internet.

Almost every country has different laws. When you're dealing with something completely digital on a global scale -- there's really no precedence for a lot of "time-based" arguments. Out of curiosity, do you know how other companies handle it? Say, Microsoft or something, when releasing video games?

I believe that, with something like the Halo 4 launch -- the date was all that mattered. As of midnight local time, the game could be sold. With early access, that was impossible -- unless they pushed EA back an entire day. Many of the 2.0 changes HAD to be in place for RotHC, and those changes were server-based.

I wouldn't mind seeing them "unlock" the expansion at midnight Server Time -- but as was said before, that could create issues in the future when server transfers exist. Maybe "unlock" it for each person based on the local time of their billing address? Just thoughts, figured they're interesting to think about :-D

You actually just made my point. Since it is unclear you can likely sue because there is no meeting of the mind. One of the theories, rescission, would absolutely work, because even if my belief was mistaken, it shows no meeting of the minds or that there was a latent ambiguity.

Now the real problem is that (as I said before) its only $9.99 of damages, so it would make no sense for a single Plaintiff to bring this case.

That being said, this is all just for fun and to kill time. Because in reality BW has already been accused of false advertising before: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/04/13/bioware-falsely-advertised-mass-effect-3-says-better-business-bureau/ so this is really nothing new.

They can do whatever they want, its their game, its their money. Im not going to quit or even complain if the game isnt up at the right time.

(edit)

Kilora,

I agree that the problem is that they are not being clear with their customers about what they are paying for. Usually when you purchase something its clear what the terms are. When it comes to these digital releases it should be clear to customers what they are buying.

The problem for Bioware is that it is their responsibility to follow the laws of whatever state/country they are operating in. So its up to them to make sure they are in compliance. Which is why not being up front with customers like this is just bad business.

Edited by Soxbadger

You actually just made my point. Since it is unclear you can likely sue because there is no meeting of the mind. One of the theories, rescission, would absolutely work, because even if my belief was mistaken, it shows no meeting of the minds or that there was a latent ambiguity.

Now the real problem is that (as I said before) its only $9.99 of damages, so it would make no sense for a single Plaintiff to bring this case.

That being said, this is all just for fun and to kill time. Because in reality BW has already been accused of false advertising before: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/04/13/bioware-falsely-advertised-mass-effect-3-says-better-business-bureau/ so this is really nothing new.

They can do whatever they want, its their game, its their money. Im not going to quit or even complain if the game isnt up at the right time.

I'm in agreement on that! I just wanna know already so I can either buy coffee and energy drinks, or sleeping pills! :-D

And /agree on fun/time-kill. Slowly waiting for the work day to end, with little to do -- and it's always nice to have a real discussion with someone else, with no need for namecalling :rak_03:

I'm in agreement on that! I just wanna know already so I can either buy coffee and energy drinks, or sleeping pills! :-D

And /agree on fun/time-kill. Slowly waiting for the work day to end, with little to do -- and it's always nice to have a real discussion with someone else, with no need for namecalling :rak_03:

haha I agree completely.

And I dont want to cross that line of playing star wars in my office, so I have to screw around on messageboards :)

I'm starting to get nervous -- the business day is nearing it's end, and no word yet :-\

Don't forget about us! I hope that, just because we already have a dev post, they don't over-look the thread :-(

Its April 12, arguably 2 days away from a very important event in the future of this game, and the response is *crickets*.

I am hoping they are just putting out a press release and they are waiting for everything to be translated.

Actually, I REALLY hope this is true! THAT I don't mind waiting for -- they need to make sure they give our EU players some love.

Actually, I REALLY hope this is true! THAT I don't mind waiting for -- they need to make sure they give our EU players some love.

When that day comes i will put out the European flag and make a small dance ;)