HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

So I was mostly bored and waiting for raid so I decided to gather what I could find and see how many guilds are at least 8/10. My main purpose of the thread is to ask Bioware how the experiment in increased operation difficulty is going and if they are happy with the current progress.

I ask we keep it clean I'm not interested in who killed what when just that "X" guild has killed it. I did most of the work already (Thank you those that run server forums) but if you see a particular guild missing or have a guild to add please post.

10/10

Zorz - US

Zorz (2) - US

Zorz (3) - US

Ambassadors - EU

Death and Taxes - US

Hates You - US

Hates You (2) - US

Not Good Enough & Friends - EU

Rash - EU

The Black Forge - EU

Concept - APAC

EDE - "APAC/US"

Exit Area - US

Paramount - US

Phantoms - EU

Provectus - US

The Chandrian - US

Enraged - EU

9/10 (Killed Revan)

Ninja Looters - EU

Holocron - US

9/10 (killed Coratanni)

Seven Stuck - EU

Vicious - US

Drop it like its Hoth - EU

Drop it Like its Hoth "Rektrain" EU

Dxun Rising - EU

Disciples of Babylon - EU

NOX - EU

Textbook Execution - US

Four of Five ("YES") - APAC

Crimson Sky - US

Provectus - US

Buddies - EU

Don't Worry Bout It - US

Paradigm - US

Failure - US

Technicians - EU

Black Bantha - EU

Black - EU

Manticore - EU

Imperium - EU

Republic Gentlemen - US

Madness - EU

Camp me I'm Famous - EU

Das Dunkle Feuer - EU

Outbreak " Mango" - EU

Fearless - APAC

Aeshma - EU

The Force - EU

8/10

YES -US

YES (2) - US

YES (3) - US

Textbook Execution (2) - US

The-Force - EU

Weltenwächter - EU

Mighty Darks - EU

Intrepid (16M) - US

Savior - US

Ewokalsypse Now - APAC

Select Few - US

Titans - EU

Synthesis - EU

Techno Union - EU

Defiance - EU

Imperial Czech Alliance - EU

Epidemic - US

Tova Nex - US

Holocron - US

Taking the Jawas to Alderaan - EU

The Drunk Tanks - US

Inoctavo - EU

Honour - EU

Psy-Ops - US

Hellbent - US

Excession - APAC

Legíon Asgard - EU

So we have five guilds at 100% 2 months after content was released. For comparison sake NM DP Source had 10 guilds listed and the #9 listing was about two months after release. I know Furyi stopped updating the thread and I'd personally guess that 15+ cleared 5/5 NM DP pre nerf.

So Bioware are you ok with the following

- Seventeen guilds being 10/10

- Thirty- three guilds being 9/10

- Twenty - five guilds being 8/10

Last of all with the increased difficulty those that are 8/10 or 8/10 are you enjoying raiding? Would you rather have HM be similar to HM DF/DP or does Revan only being killed by five guilds give you something to chase?

Anyhow please post guilds I missed or overlooked. I'm also going to list secondary groups in guilds for a better overall picture.

Thanks

Edited by JDotter

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing Revan was 10000x more rewarding than anything else in this tier, so for me personally: thumbs up!

However, I do believe it is an overtuned fight considering its "just a HM", and it should be nerfed, BUT, at the same time the NiM versions should not be 5 months or something apart from HM, yet much closer - that way all guilds would have something to do. This way its just a NiM mode disguised as HM, which may just demoralize some.

TL;DR Nerf HM, bring NiM sooner (2-3m after HM rather than 5-6m)

Edited by marekdusek

I believe if you looked at "B" groups this list would be a lot larger, at least for the 8/10 category. Both Textbook and YES had 1 group one year ago, and now YES has 3 groups that are 8/10 and Textbook has 2. The game has really changed over the past year as guilds folded, and no new guilds came up to take over. This is something that I have observed on both the Harbinger and Begeren Colony.

And do I enjoy the harder difficulty? yeah. I've always enjoyed raiding with my group, but that may just me. I've been raiding with the same core of people for over 2 years now, and even though some of us could probably join a better group we would all prefer to raid with our friends.

With my best estimation, NiM will come out in June, and I think a few more groups will get Revan down by then. And I would rather struggle on a boss for a while rather than kill it like HM DF DP.

Developers are failing to account for the extra lag and delays in 16m raiding when putting in certain mechanics.

It broke Underlurker requiring the fight to be fixed (and meanwhile bypassed using 8m HM).

Currently the warning for Hostage Situation at Ruugar in 16m can turn up during or after the actual Hostage Situation.

Works fine in 8m.

Badly implemented in 16m.

Apart from that, no real issues with the new content.

Edited by Gyronamics

Yeah, it is helpful for the devs to know the context behind the guild numbers. Multiple guilds have multiple groups going 8/10 or better, so if the devs want a true baseline, we may want to try and get how many groups each guild can full clear or 9/10 or 8/10 just so the devs can get better estimates.

Other guilds you haven't listed that are 9/10 are

Phantoms (EU)

Rash (EU)

Yeah, it is helpful for the devs to know the context behind the guild numbers. Multiple guilds have multiple groups going 8/10 or better, so if the devs want a true baseline, we may want to try and get how many groups each guild can full clear or 9/10 or 8/10 just so the devs can get better estimates.

Always good for players who actually care about this to have more info, but I am certain that devs don't care about what guilds post on the forums, as they have their own logs and can just see who killed what and when, run whatever stats they want.

Also 8/10 is not THAT hard for most guilds to accomplish and 99% of those wont bother posting anything because why would they.

Also 8/10 is not THAT hard for most guilds to accomplish and 99% of those wont bother posting anything because why would they.

This. I mean sure, my guild is currently 6/10, but 4 of those are from ToS (we haven't looked at Torque since the Bulo nerf) and we haven't bothered with the progression threads cause a lot of the people in the Harbingers one used the exploit (and we like using gear we actually earned). Hell one of our healers has over 100 mill in credits he doesn't know what to do with, yet he isn't approaching Zorz for gear cause he feels like he should be earning his gear instead of buying it.

Updated

Always good for players who actually care about this to have more info, but I am certain that devs don't care about what guilds post on the forums, as they have their own logs and can just see who killed what and when, run whatever stats they want.

This is me supplying information to hopefully get a response. I feel transparency in this situation would be nice. We're in the dark and I was curious as to how many guilds were at least 8/10.

I believe if you looked at "B" groups this list would be a lot larger, at least for the 8/10 category. Both Textbook and YES had 1 group one year ago, and now YES has 3 groups that are 8/10 and Textbook has 2.

Yeah after thinking about I'm going to go ahead and include secondary groups. The main reason I was originally against it is most secondary groups has about 2-3 alts from the core group in it and at least for Zorz we use it to farm gear more efficiently.

The reason I specifically would like the devs to have this is because of the fact that: Cora was exploited so they should know how many guilds can LEGITIMATELY kill it, and going through achievements is lazy and incomplete since it lacks context. I want the devs to have context behind their stats. Because group progression on these fights are more important than how many total people. I want them to know how many groups are going week to week for their clearance rate. I want them to have as much context as possible because I am very happy about these raids and I know they put their necks out there to make the content difficult. I just want this to succeed tbh. They made content that has a REAL life span. They made content that you can be excited about. IDK. More info the better.

Edited by justinplainview

Anybody else feel like Master and Blaster are harder than Cortanni? Seems like once you have the Ricochet mechanic down the fight is a joke. I'm always nervous on our Blaster pulls though.

Did our first pulls on Revan tonight. They were hilariously brief.

The issue I see with hard content like these is that you got a group of people that enjoy the extra challenge and another group of people that don't enjoy it or simply don't have the time for it. To kill Revan or Cortanni you need to be prepared to spend y amount of wipes and invest y amount of time as a whole raid group. Some people are simply not prepared for that. They log on to kill some bosses on farm and enjoy a good time with friends.

The previous hardmodes were simply too easy and thus boring. The current 4 bosses of each operation are a good difficulty level in my opinion. They are not something you simply one shot and may require several nights of progression.

If the increased hardmode level are meant to keep people busy until Nightmare, I don't think they are having the full effect. Some guilds will be making attempts to clear it until nightmare while other guilds will sit at 4/5 until the nerfs.

It would be good to know Bioware's reasoning for the increased difficulty. Are they providing challenge seekers with something to aim for or simply to tide the time until the next tier of content?

Anybody else feel like Master and Blaster are harder than Cortanni? Seems like once you have the Ricochet mechanic down the fight is a joke. I'm always nervous on our Blaster pulls though.

Did our first pulls on Revan tonight. They were hilariously brief.

I think Blaster's difficulty is heavily dependent on how coordinated your group is with positioning. I think Blaster is CLOSEST to the final bosses of TOS and Rav from a difficulty standpoint, but I still think Coratanni is harder (DPS check on Ruugar room is tighter than Blaster)

Everyone in <Vicious> loves the new content. We just started getting serious into raiding come 3.0 as we were mainly a PvP focused guild. The thrill of killing Coratanni was awesome and I can only imagine our Revan kill (which may take awhile, lol). As Aetrus said, we started tonight for the first time, and they were very brief pulls, but we will be working hard at it these next couple weeks. I actually brought this topic up to my guildmates about the new content: I think everyone was in agreement that this is how HM content should be. From what I've heard, the 2.4 HM content was basically a joke and cleared by many guilds quickly. IMHO HM content shouldn't even be a breeze for the casual raiding guilds, that's what SM is for. The difficulty of this content really excites me for when NiM content comes out, as it will be a fun and rewarding grind.

EDIT: I don't know if this information will help at all but we have 9/10 on farm atm. Again, all our effort is onto Revan so hopefully we can update you in the near future that we've cleared it :p.

Edited by sbeeb

After killing Cora on 8 man, and trying to progress it on 16, I think its safe to state that the scaling on the different abilities of Ruugar between 8 and 16 is questionable. If you on 8 man deal with the mechanics correctly and have the dps for it, you will kill it, and it should be like that in 16 man aswell. But when Bioware scales singletarget abilities to become a 1shot (unless all members are 100% topped off and above 52k max health), the frustration gets real. An example would be the singletarget leap that he does occasionally. I might be wrong, but we used the same tactics in 8 man as 16 man, and was successful. If someone asks Bioware about this I am sure they will answer that its working like intended, like everything else. Does anyone in Zorz have any opinions about this matter?

TL; DR: Is the Coratanni fight scaled right between 8 man and 16 man?