Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

NoTomorrow

Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.

Edited by NoTomorrow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot most abilities have a cost associated with them too ...

I really loved the commando ammo-managment nerf because they according to BW never ran out of ammo, while my healing scoundrel was way more resource-efficient than my commando even before the buff. Right now scoundrel has abosolutely no resource managment, its simply not there, never runs out ....

Personally I would bring back commandos to how they were, give sages the proc to quickly cast the big heal and give a small resource cost to emergency medpack.

Edited by SajPl

it's not like you can't burn down an operative who is keeping himself alive with surgical probe... probably not with a tank, but a dps should be able to burst an operative down who is at around 30%. Especially since gcd applies to SP, so you can't spam it non-stop. And yes, I have an operative, and no, I don't do pvp on it :D It's a nice ability to have, but it's not gamebreakingly OP.

I really loved the commando ammo-managment nerf because they according to BW never ran out of ammo, while my healing scoundrel was way more resource-efficient than my commando even before the buff. Right now scoundrel has abosolutely no resource managment, its simply not there, never runs out ....

Personally I would bring back commandos to how they were, give sages the proc to quickly cast the big heal and give a small resource cost to emergency medpack.

I really don't get the point when you say scoundrels have absolutely no resource management, if you're spamming surgical probe/emergency medpack then you're right but that's not what will heal a team, i find myself using diagnostic scan a lot to get energy and i have to say that if as a scoundrel/operative you never run out of energy without using diagnostic scan than you are doing something wrong, as i always have to use it after 2 underworld medicine/kolto injection.

As for emergency medpack/ surgical probe i agree that it needs a nerf, i would do something like 7 energy cost and 1 upper hand (still regranting 1 upper hand when used on targets bellow 30% health) and underworld medicine/ kolto injection would reduce the energy cost of the next emergency medpack/ surgical probe by 100%. A nerf bigger than that would require some love to kolto pack/ kolto infusion.

I agree with this ^ Please put Commandos back to pre 1.2 levels when we were actually able to keep people alive and ourselves. The sentinel damage outputs in 50 warzones are far greater than our healing for the most part.

LOL

Do you even remember how commando healers where OP before 1.2?

A scoundrel healer right now isn't even close to what commandos were before, they could tank through 2-3 people, heal themselves, heal all their team and they still would have time to do some dps.

I'm not saying that they don't need a buff, they do but putting them back to pre 1.2 is just plain stupidity.

Most sub 30% damaging abilities have cooldowns....and also do more damage than surgical probe heals...and you still have your normal sustained dps which should also be higher than surgical probe spamming (assuming he isn't just getting a lucky chain of crits or he's kiting/los'ing you well).

Surgical probe was pretty neat in pvp when it was sub 30% and execute abilties were sub 20%. Less so now that once someone hits 30% every doo-lah on the enemy team with an execute sees their opportunity and gibs them.

Edited by CaptainApop

Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.

No, you want a PVP nerf, will afect huge in PVE, you have no clue how many Operations I've saved because of this free cast.

Scoundrels and OP has a lack of AOE heals, this class was nerf DPS 3 times in a row, so, deal with it.

The sage heal proc was a bit OP. But given that they aren't changing or nerfing any of the other classes. Yeah i think what you've suggested above is a good idea.

Could it be the problem people are having with spammed surgical probe might have to do with the preference of front loaded burst these days rather than sustained or even back loaded damage?

I know when I see an OP healer on my sniper; I save my EP until I have them almost down the 30%, then I use it in front of an ambush, and then I use takedown, and then follow through If they escape, they are hurting.

Your dps suck.

Against competent enemies SP/EMP only shines coupled with stun bubble.

And for the record, you should bring a sage for force dot cleanse (poor smasher..) and misplaced lifts/whirlewinds.

BTW: tanksin has no cd on shock proc

*shrug* I play a scoundral healer, and just saying from experience, emergency med pack isn't going to do much to keep me up against a determined DPS is I'm under 30% (unless I have a chain healer around, or am guarded). Normally if I try keeping myself alive that way I'm pretty desperate and my other survival strats (dirty kick, dissapearing act+sneak, or defensive cooldowns) are on cool down.

Really if I can save myself with emp it's because of some very lucky crits, or because I popped a devensive screen and the DPS didn't have the common sense to use a stun or interrupt when I went to use a bigger heal.

if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....

this.

Most classes having a 30% execute skill makes surgical probe pretty useless if even one finisher is thrown on your target.

unless the target is above 20% and just below 30% its pretty hard to just spam SP and hope to keep anyone alive through even 1 DPS with stuns and execute.

if it had a cooldown what would be the point of that skill? it does not heal for much.

It runs out, try again please.

and yes Commandos got it up the nerf butt and they need attention

LOL

A scoundrel healer right now isn't even close to what commandos were before, they could tank through 2-3 people, heal themselves, heal all their team and they still would have time to do some dps.

I'm not saying that they don't need a buff, they do but putting them back to pre 1.2 is just plain stupidity.

That's because people were too stupid to use an interrupt on the commando. Now most people do know how to use interrupts, and interrupt the correct heal.

Edited by Smashbrother

if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....

24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.

Edited by NoTomorrow

24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.

TBH, if one of the DPS didn't have the brains to CC you while they finished off the tank, that's their problem not SP's.

Well yeah, now you might have a problem but it's not because SP is op. All you'd need is a stategy adjustment. If there was a dps wailing on the healer at the same time that wouldn't be the case. Really you just need one stun to remove a guy from SP life support anyway. :rolleyes:

Plus let's face it the healer should be marked with a big flame over his head and some guy yelling at the team to kill the bastard anyhow.

Edited by Fiamma_Verde

You guys all remind me of ppl defending healer nerfs before 1.2. Just focus healer, just CC healer. LOL Not every DPS has a 8s mezz, the tank will not die during those 4s the healer is stunned. Focus healer? I am guarded, ops healers have some of the easiest times under guard, even when focused. Even the HoTs aren't a joke either, you can get 1000 hp per tick long before you even get into 50 pvp. Edited by NoTomorrow

I really don't get the point when you say scoundrels have absolutely no resource management, if you're spamming surgical probe/emergency medpack then you're right but that's not what will heal a team, i find myself using diagnostic scan a lot to get energy and i have to say that if as a scoundrel/operative you never run out of energy without using diagnostic scan than you are doing something wrong, as i always have to use it after 2 underworld medicine/kolto injection.

As for emergency medpack/ surgical probe i agree that it needs a nerf, i would do something like 7 energy cost and 1 upper hand (still regranting 1 upper hand when used on targets bellow 30% health) and underworld medicine/ kolto injection would reduce the energy cost of the next emergency medpack/ surgical probe by 100%. A nerf bigger than that would require some love to kolto pack/ kolto infusion.

LOL

That was if they were guarded and those were before the expertise changes too. Scoundrel could do the same, just nobody knew how to play Scoundrel healer well. There were a few and that's about it.

Either way it still stands. In PvP, there's no point in bringing a Commando/Mercenary anything.

The sage heal proc was a bit OP. But given that they aren't changing or nerfing any of the other classes. Yeah i think what you've suggested above is a good idea.

the proc wasnt op, it was the fact that however it was coded would allow a sage/sorc to double dip and get 2 casts out of the proc. it was a bug, and instead of fixing it bioware just changed the mechanic