ETA on Advanced Class change?

I just cant imagine it's anything other than being lazy. Also I'm looking at this from a business perspective. Unless there's a limit or extremely expensive - A player like myself with thousands of free CC or Disposable Cash could easily swap classes.

On the empire side I have an Operative healer, Sorc , Assassin, juggernaut and just began leveling my BH Pt. If this option became available to me - that would eliminate my personal need for my sorcerer, BH & assassin. I can just switch to and from Op to a sniper and from juggernaut to marauder anytime I please. That's ranged, melee, tank, dps, heals and stealth limited down from 5 to 2 classes.

Granted I'd need new gear for each class but we know that wouldn't take as long as rolling an alt. From a developer's point of view, that's months and months of lost game time from that one subscriber. I thought they gave us 12 slots for this being one of the reasons.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's probably true. The thing is that levels 1-10 don't teach you how to play your class at all. Especially if you consider the AC to be the class. 1-10 is more of a tutorial mode that teaches you how to play the game. And most games let you skip tutorial mode after you've played it once.

I don't think it is necessary true and base on the MMOs I have played Word of Warcraft is the game you can skip levels. Deaht Knight started at lv 50 and WOW's RAF programer also had xp power up which allow you level up to 60 in secound. (Thou the max level you can get from it is lv 60 when lv 80 was the max level.)

I know Some people say advance class is stupid and player should start at whatever they choice. Personally I don't mind the advance class as I played pre-combat upgrade Star War Galaxies. (I also think all the game BW is part with has similar class progression such as Neverinter night and DA:O). I also think it is nice to have character progression in MMO rather than just talent spec and levels however I think most MMO players don't care about that.

Speaking of Pre-CU SWG, not only player can pick 2 base class and each base class has 3 or 4 advance class but also player can switch advance class and base class anytime. There is a lot of freedom and imagination.

However it also created a lot of issues because there is always FOTM hybird. It was good time when you see stuff such as lighting cannon spec bounty hunter running around with 2 rancor or Master TKA + Master Rifleman or even Master PIstoleer + bounty pistol spec bounty hunter. Every month SOE spend a lot of time on nerfing the FOTM but only end up create another FOTM.

This is complete fearmongering. You have as much danger of facing this if you deal with someone who just switch to Tank after leveling 53 levels as DPS and has no Tanking mods or augments and all low-Health/high-Stat armorings.

Better prevent people from respec'ing, huh?

Yes, we already have to deal with that with those that change spec from DPS to tank. We do not have to deal with those that change from heals to tank, or from tank to heals. Does the fact that we already have to deal with this to a certain extent justify compounding it by allowing people to change class completely? In my opinion, it doesn't. By not allowing class changes, we keep those situations to a minimum.

I have a question.

With your ferocious obsession about hard work and effort, why are you not somewhat more uncomfortable about all the hours you spend arguing about mild changes in a single computer game?

Maybe because I am not averse to work or effort?

I don't think it is necessary true and base on the MMOs I have played Word of Warcraft is the game you can skip levels. Deaht Knight started at lv 50 and WOW's RAF programer also had xp power up which allow you level up to 60 in secound. (Thou the max level you can get from it is lv 60 when lv 80 was the max level.)

I know Some people say advance class is stupid and player should start at whatever they choice. Personally I don't mind the advance class as I played pre-combat upgrade Star War Galaxies. (I also think all the game BW is part with has similar class progression such as Neverinter night and DA:O). I also think it is nice to have character progression in MMO rather than just talent spec and levels however I think most MMO players don't care about that.

Speaking of Pre-CU SWG, not only player can pick 2 base class and each base class has 3 or 4 advance class but also player can switch advance class and base class anytime. There is a lot of freedom and imagination.

However it also created a lot of issues because there is always FOTM hybird. It was good time when you see stuff such as lighting cannon spec bounty hunter running around with 2 rancor or Master TKA + Master Rifleman or even Master PIstoleer + bounty pistol spec bounty hunter. Every month SOE spend a lot of time on nerfing the FOTM but only end up create another FOTM.

^^ this^^ I played SWG too and every time a new FOTM was realized by the player base a large percentage of them would swap to said profession/class. You'd see one guy a bh one month and a week later he's a jedi.

Yours is even more semantic than his. The entirety of your argument is tied up in the definition of a word. At least his argument brings abilities and armor into the equation. Yours doesn't. Your entire argument is ONE WORD. The beginning and end of your entire argument is that this should be allowed because of a way that you define a single word (which the developers don't share, and they're the final word).

That's as semantic as it gets.

double post on the same subject

also, you wrong about what the other guy said when you said you respond to my latest my post

At least his argument brings abilities and armor into the equation.

oh really? he said that? well this is his post

Advanced Class=class. You wouldn't be able to buy a class change from a warrior to a mage in another game, it makes just as little sense in this one.

1. nowhere did he mention gear or abilities. clearly you didnt read it right

2. his example doesnt hold much weight as there is no classes in tor that can do that. the only classes that could be represented his idea is the inquisitor/ consular classes and those classes are, once again subclasses on SI/JC and the assassin or shadow can act as a mage like dpser.

Edited by astrobearx

I can just switch to and from Op to a sniper and from juggernaut to marauder anytime I please. That's ranged, melee, tank, dps, heals and stealth limited down from 5 to 2 classes.

If you're happy only having a single playstyle for each role, then sure, go for it, have 2 characters and 4 roles. Who cares?? If you're having fun and playing well, great! Personally, I would still want multiple alts because playing the same style gets old after a while. Melee as Assassin is a totally different experience than melee as a Marauder.

But I already worked through my class stories with certain classes and I feel very attached to:

• the character
  • everything she did and accomplished
  • her choices
  • her personality
  • her story and backstory
  • her relationship with her companions
  • her alignment (I always eagerly see what my final alignment is based on all my in-character choices)
  • the pieces and goodies she picked up along the way
  • the outfits I meticulously constructed for myself (and my entire crew)

Damn it, that is my Bounty Hunter, that is my Smuggler, that is my Knight. No other one is!

I don't want a substitute or re-do because that's not fun to me. I already saw the story and played it my way. I'm happy with the character. I just ended up finding, for example, the Gunslinger playstyle fairly bland. I like my Agent/Operative a lot better. I'd love to keep my Smuggler as I made her but be a Scoundrel moving forward.

I don't bloody care if you accuse me of being "lazy" for not wanting to re-do my beloved and patiently-crafted characters. It's a damn computer game. Go find a real problem in the outside world to picket and moan about and actually effect positive change with your neurotic energy.

On the other hand, people proposing actual gameplay problems have my respect and understanding, and I'm listening to you. So far, I don't feel any issue brought up is so severe that it can't be adapted to or worked past. But, your concerns about the actual health of the game are fair. :)

Edited by SW_display_name

how is my post semantical?

first, sw adv classes main attack in rotation are the core abilities.all SW players whether jugg or mara use the the CORE abilities in their rotation. the advance classes are JUST SUB CLASSES not NEW CLASSES.

the advance classes are a fork in the road

example

_____________________________________________ / juggernaut

Sith warror -------/

\

___________________________________________ \mararuder

BOTH classes are still warrior, but each one just branches off into a new sub classes.

they ,however, are not a new class.

Your example only for Knight / Sith Warrior but it doesn't work for Trooper, Consular and Smuggler as their advance class are complete different style. (And their IMP counter part.) Vanguard and Scoundrel and Shadow are fixed with Melee and range while Commando, Gunslinger and Sage are pure range.

Commando, Gunslinger and Sage would drop their melee attack complete out of rotation. Do you want to play with DPS sage who stand next to boss and spam double strike? or play with shadow only use telekinetic wave and so? ( I once in a Heroic with a Shadow tank only use his range attack. I end up tank the boss on my sage 80% of time thank to over geared sage healer)

Your example only for Knight / Sith Warrior but it doesn't work for Trooper, Consular and Smuggler as their advance class are complete different style. (And their IMP counter part.) Vanguard and Scoundrel and Shadow are fixed with Melee and range while Commando, Gunslinger and Sage are pure range.

Commando, Gunslinger and Sage would drop their melee attack complete out of rotation. Do you want to play with DPS sage who stand next to boss and spam double strike? or play with shadow only use telekinetic wave and so? ( I once in a Heroic with a Shadow tank only use his range attack. I end up tank the boss on my sage 80% of time thank to over geared sage healer)

true but you missing my point also.

let use consular as a better example.

a jedi shadow is STILL a consular, but with defensive abilities.

a jedi sage is STILL a consular, but with healing abilities.

both are still a consular,and have all the powers that all consular get from lvl 1-55.

the differences between the two is one specialize in healing and the other in tanking.

these advance classes arent new standalone classes, theyre just a subset of the what a consular could be.

if these subclasses were to be remove the both shadow and sage, both will still be a consular.

Edited by astrobearx

Yes, we already have to deal with that with those that change spec from DPS to tank. We do not have to deal with those that change from heals to tank, or from tank to heals. Does the fact that we already have to deal with this to a certain extent justify compounding it by allowing people to change class completely? In my opinion, it doesn't. By not allowing class changes, we keep those situations to a minimum.
Spec changes have almost never been an issue in my experience, and I PUG a lot. The learning curve isn't that bad in this game, and usually guiding someone who admits they're new with a few tips and patience will get them up to speed fine.

You're trying to use arguments involving controlling people and ensuring nothing ever goes wrong. That's horrible. No matter what you try to implement, you will get confused people making mistakes. If that scares you: don't group with strangers. Then you don't have to be affected by all these repercussions you're afraid of.

Here's the thing. You know what else would help your concerns? Don't let people use Group Finder for anything but difficulty settings that are literally impossible to fail. Then, nothing can go wrong! Yes! Except WoW basically did that, and turned queueable content into a depressing flatline people mock and avoid as soon as they're done farming it.

The capacity for failure in a system is okay. It's okay if people can do things and make mistakes with it. My experience is that only the massive errors stand out in our memories, but the vast majority of people do "fine" when presented with systems that have error potential, and most of the rest can be helped with simple guidance and explanation.

I believe the hilarious misuses of AC Change would stand out and make for tabloid-headline forum posts, while the vast majority would actually add little to no damage to the game. But go unnoticed, because it doesn't make a good sensationalized rant.

that[/i] is my Bounty Hunter, that is my Smuggler, that is my Knight. No other one is!

I have two characters for each class, since I wanted to take advantage of each advanced class, plus I also wanted to experience every single storyline at least once. In each class, I have a male and female character, each of them, at least in my head, having their own ideas, desires, virtues and flaws, concerning their way of life, their attitude towards others, the Sith, the Jedi, the Republic, the Empire and so forth... In other words, regardless of the fact some of them share the same class and species, neither of them shares the same background, the same looks, the same tattoos, the same scars and that kind of thing. I'm going to assume that I'm not the only one in this position, so in other words...

If some of us manage to pull off convincing characters, that in the top of our heads, regardless of the fact they share the same class, are not exactly the same, why can't you?

Again, don't come up with shoddy excuses, just because you are lazy to level yet again another character up to level 50 or 55. Simple as that.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If some of us manage to pull off convincing characters, that in the top of our heads, regardless of the fact they share the same class, are not exactly the same, why can't you?
This may be hard for you to comprehend, but you are not the Messianic template by which all humans are based and other people can, in fact, feel differently than you about the same thing. And I feel that the way I experienced the class story is the "canon" version for me, and I don't want to see it again with a different character.

Again, don't come up with shoddy excuses, just because you are lazy to level yet again another character up to level 50 or 55. Simple as that.
You have no right to accuse anyone of being "lazy". First of all, yet again: this is a computer game. Get off your soapbox and take a hard look at just what you're lecturing people about. It's ludicrous.

Second, you're completely out of line calling anyone "lazy" for wanting to play the game differently than you. Hey, I've got an idea — BioWare should delete all the gear off your character once per month, to keep you interested in the game, and keep you interested in queueing for PUG content. It would work, wouldn't it? Gotta get my gear back!

What?? You don't want all your gear deleted once per month?? Stop inventing excuses for preventing that feature, you're obviously just too lazy to re-gear yourself again at 50 or 55. Simple as that.

Maybe because I am not averse to work or effort?
Yes, I'm sure:

• Spent 3 days campaigning against AC changes for lazy people in Star Wars: The Old Republic
  • Leveled 16 (not 8) characters to 55 in the computer game Star Wars: The Old Republic (WITHOUT XP BOOSTS, because I'm a hardcore power trooper)

simply knocks people flat on their back when they spot it on your resumé.

I'd love to keep my Smuggler as I made her but be a Scoundrel moving forward.

You want to be a scoundrel moving forward. That means you leveled as gunslinger. Gee, gunslinger is generally accepted as being the OP class of those two classes in terms of DPS. So you chose to level as the OP DPS class, and now you want to change class to the healing class?

This couldn't possibly fall into the "I chose to level in the easy mode OP gunslinger AC and that I'm max level I want to heal." category, could it?

You want to be a scoundrel moving forward. That means you leveled as gunslinger. Gee, gunslinger is generally accepted as being the OP class of those two classes in terms of DPS. So you chose to level as the OP DPS class, and now you want to change class to the healing class?

This couldn't possibly fall into the "I chose to level in the easy mode OP gunslinger AC and that I'm max level I want to heal." category, could it?

or she could have just want to change his smug adv because she level a operative and found it more fun than the sniper/gunslinger and now want to match her smuggler?

Edited by astrobearx

your concerns about the actual health of the game are fair. :)

*Snipped the rest of your post, because the quoted was all my post was pertaining to* Do you actually think all players would bother to learn the difference between one melee class over the other if they had the option to swap at the click of a button?

My post is as mentioned..from a business standpoint. In the end I believe it will lose subs. If not alone by upset players. Judging by the responses in this thread alone, not everyone is on board for this idea. By providing the customer with instant gratification - that customer will get bored that much faster and leave hence why I personally believe It wouldn't be healthy for the game overall.

*inappropriately frustrated remark redacted. I apologize for losing my temper.*

Let's recap, Captain Effortwork:

• I leveled my Smuggler as my second character in February, before I even knew patch 2.0 was going to happen, because I was brand new to the game
  • I picked Gunslinger because Marti Calais is a curvy, decadent businesswoman who wouldn't be caught dead in a hand-to-hand scrap and risk messing up her pretty face. She learned to be a crack shot to defend herself during her more dubious underworld dealings, which she covers with her front operation, a modest shipping business. Scoundrel would make NO sense for her RP-wise.
  • The things Marti experienced in Chapter 2 and 3 pushed her over the edge and she's started just flat-out shooting and punching people in the face rather than trying to negotiate. She has absolutely evolved into a Scoundrel, but she didn't start that way.
  • I just finished leveling my Operative and found it WAY MORE FUN AND EASIER TO PLAY than I did with my Slinger, which was very hard for me because I don't play well as a stationary turret or pure-DPS. 'OP-ness' was the last thing on my mind when I leveled my Gunslinger.

No, it couldn't, actually!

It could fall into the "I'm a happy person with a very overwhelming life who loves this game and its cinematic storytelling presentation and finds the gameplay fun, and is excited by tailoring my class to my character, and when I rolled my Smuggler, I didn't even know there were forums full of unhappy bullies who sulk around slinging words like 'OP' and 'easymode' and 'FOTM' at people who couldn't care less about these things and are just excited to try to make the game better with new features and options" category, though!!

*inappropriately frustrated remark redacted. I apologize for losing my temper.*

This may be hard for you to comprehend (...)

You're the one who has some difficulty understanding that once you pick an advanced class, it's final, as in, PERMANENT. Period.

(...) but you are not the Messianic template by which all humans are based and other people can, in fact, feel differently than you about the same thing. (....)

Nor did I claim I was. Going off-topic in order to mask the fact you don't have a single counter-argument is pointless.

(...) And I feel that the way I experienced the class story is the "canon" version for me, and I don't want to see it again with a different character.

That's your choice, just like it was YOUR CHOICE to pick an advanced class when the game instructed you to do so.

You have no right to accuse anyone of being "lazy".

Sure I do.

If I walked the extra mile, like so many people surely did, why should Bioware introduce the option of changing the advanced class, just because some people have an issue with the choices they've made?

First of all, yet again: this is a computer game. Get off your soapbox and take a hard look at just what you're lecturing people about. It's ludicrous.

It's hardly ludicrous and since we're discussing the subject, here's an advice: Take a look around and tell me how many good old fashioned RPG's allowed you to switch classes, once you picked one for your character.

Second, you're completely out of line calling anyone "lazy" for wanting to play the game differently than you.

Not really, since unlike some people, I accept the game for what it is and what the game was set out to do, once it made the choice of an advanced class permanent.

Hey, I've got an idea — BioWare should delete all the gear off your character once per month, to keep you interested in the game, and keep you interested in queueing for PUG content. It would work, wouldn't it? Gotta get my gear back!

Nonsensical remark and completely non-related with the subject. Get a grip.

What?? You don't want all your gear deleted once per month?? Stop inventing excuses for preventing that feature, you're obviously just too lazy to re-gear yourself again at 50 or 55. Simple as that.

You may want to add the word "silly" to "lazy" BTW, since again, this is entirely unrelated with what is being addressed.

Do you actually think all players would bother to learn the difference between one melee class over the other if they had the option to swap at the click of a button?
Yes. Because — and this may be hard for you to understand (meant seriously, not derisively) as a more "elite" player who understands the mechanics deeply — the vast majority of players who silently play and never speak up in places like this simply do not care. They want to play what "looks cool", or "has a lightsaber", or "the jumping class", or "the one that shoots lightning". They really do not care about categories like "Melee" and "Range" and stuff, nor what would be "optimum" in Nightmare Mode Explosive Conflict.

Judging by the responses in this thread alone, not everyone is on board for this idea.
This is unfortunately a horrible metric because the people who post on forums are usually a very vocal, mild-to-severely insane slice of the greater community and tends to magnify issues deceptively. Even my arguments here in favor of the issue probably don't accurately reflect how the average, random player feels because I'm obviously more invested in the game's development than they are.

By providing the customer with instant gratification - that customer will get bored that much faster and leave hence why I personally believe It wouldn't be healthy for the game overall.
THIS, on the other hand, is the most legitimate argument I've heard so far and I really can't argue with you.

This is a very fine line developers have to walk, between losing people due to frustration at overly-draconian limitations, and losing people because they've undermined the whole reason to keep playing.

In a lot of ways, you strike a very strong point. Rather than AC change at max level, it might be better to pursue a system that lets you "copy" a character in some way and re-level them with some perks and boosts to help you get it done smoother and quicker. But, not killing the level-up process entirely.

But, you have to balance it against seeing how many people actually do re-roll alts versus sit at 50/55. It could very well increase interest by allowing bored max-levels (with zero desire to level again) to change up their gameplay, motivate different approaches and gearing, and hook them in to an "Oh, okay, I guess I can stay subbed another month..." response.

You're the one who has some difficulty understanding that once you pick an advanced class, it's final, as in, PERMANENT. Period.
Like your species and character features, right?

That's your choice, just like it was YOUR CHOICE to pick an advanced class when the game instructed you to do so.
Is anyone arguing that? This about being able to modify that choice later. As in, it's MY CHOICE to want to pay whatever fee they require to change my choice.

If I walked the extra mile, like so many people surely did, why should Bioware introduce the option of changing the advanced class, just because some people have an issue with the choices they've made?
Why should they not introduce the option, just because you want to delusionally believe the hours you spend in a computer game represent a significant human effort that needs to remain unthreatened by the new generation having it easier? You sound like an angry World War II veteran complaining about hippies.

It's hardly ludicrous and since we're discussing the subject, here's an advice: Take a look around and tell me how many good old fashioned RPG's allowed you to switch classes, once you picked one for your character.
And you tell me how many good old-fashioned RPGs had you playing with thousands of other players, Experience Boosts purchaseable with credit cards, and fully voice-acted cinematic cutscenes. What does this have to do with anything? Genres evolve to respond to new ideas and demands.

Nonsensical remark and completely non-related with the subject. Get a grip.
Not at all. You spent hours obtaining that gear, and now I'm asking you to stop and do it all over again. Because you know you're perfectly capable of doing exactly that, and that within a month you'd be geared up all over again. Thus, I can only assume your aversion to re-gearing is out of laziness and a lack of desire to play the game.

Not at all. You spent hours obtaining that gear, and now I'm asking you to stop and do it all over again. Because you know you're perfectly capable of doing exactly that, and that within a month you'd be geared up all over again. Thus, I can only assume your aversion to re-gearing is out of laziness and a lack of desire to play the game.

Well, if they do decide to delete my gear once a month, then I guess I have a choice to make. I can either do what is necessary to get the gear again, or I can choose not to do so. I expect that will depend on my mood on any given day. I know that if I do not choose to get that gear again, then I will not have it, though. What you will not find me doing is complaining on the forums that I did it once, and the gear should be handed to me, since I don't feel like doing it again.

In much the same way, people can choose to level the AC they wish to play, or they can choose not to level it. If someone wants something enough, they will do what is necessary to obtain it.

The question we have to ask ourselves is "how much do we really want that"?

Yes. Because — and this may be hard for you to understand as a more "elite" player who understands the mechanics deeply — the vast majority of players who silently play and never speak up in places like this simply do not care. They want to play what "looks cool", or "has a lightsaber", or "the jumping class", or "the one that shoots lightning". They really do not care about categories like "Melee" and "Range" and stuff, nor what would be "optimum" in Nightmare Mode Explosive Conflict.

This is unfortunately a horrible metric because the people who post on forums are usually a very vocal, mild-to-severely insane slice of the greater community and tends to magnify issues deceptively. Even my arguments here in favor of the issue probably don't accurately reflect how the average, random player feels because I'm obviously more invested in the game's development than they are.

THIS, on the other hand, is the most legitimate argument I've heard so far and I really can't argue with you.

This is a very fine line developers have to walk, between losing people due to frustration at overly-draconian limitations, and losing people because they've undermined the whole reason to keep playing.

In a lot of ways, you strike a very strong point. Rather than AC change at max level, it might be better to pursue a system that lets you "copy" a character in some way and re-level them with some perks and boosts to help you get it done smoother and quicker. But, not killing the level-up process entirely.

But, you have to balance it against seeing how many people actually do re-roll alts versus sit at 50/55. It could very well increase interest by allowing bored max-levels (with zero desire to level again) to change up their gameplay, motivate different approaches and gearing, and hook them in to an "Oh, okay, I guess I can stay subbed another month..." response.

You may have me confused with one of the other posters. Never once have I proclaimed myself as an elite player. I play for fun nothing more. I've simply voiced my concerns were this feature to be implemented and gave examples. Also I can comprehend quite well, so please refrain from the condescending replies, I'm looking at this as a discussion nothing more.

So in a nutshell you want to swap between classes to avoid going through the story line again? Having two of the same classes myself I can definitely relate here. However while It would solve that one problem, It would spawn many more. It raises too many variables and they'd have to implement other changes to support It. We have enough in game right now that needs tweeking.

Like your species and character features, right?

You trying to imply something by any chance? I haven't even unlocked the Cathar, let alone change a character species.

Is anyone arguing that? This about being able to modify that choice later. As in, it's MY CHOICE to want to pay whatever fee they require to change my choice.

Your choice, as it is, is FINAL, PERMANENT, EVERLASTING. The game issues one or two warnings before you make that same choice. There's no point to an RPG if you have an issue with something as simpler as PERMAMENT choice.

Why should they not introduce the option, just because you want to delusionally believe the hours you spend in a computer game represent a significant human effort that needs to remain unthreatened by the new generation having it easier? You sound like an angry World War II veteran complaining about hippies.

Not really. Again, other than one's laziness, there's no conceivable reason for someone not to be able to level yet another Jedi Knight to level 55. Period.

And you tell me how many good old-fashioned RPGs had you playing with thousands of other players, Experience Boosts purchaseable with credit cards, and fully voice-acted cinematic cutscenes. What does this have to do with anything? Genres evolve to respond to new ideas and demands.

And who's demanding? If this topic shows anything, is the fact that most people are either against it or couldn't care less about it. You're part of a vocal minority, in case you failed to notice by now.

And again, you're clutching at straws and nothing more, not to mention that said scenario already took place the moment 2.0 hit and I had no issue with it. It's called "Gear Reset"; Look it up.

Your choice, as it is, is FINAL, PERMANENT, EVERLASTING. The game issues one or two warnings before you make that same choice. There's no point to an RPG if you have an issue with something as simpler as PERMAMENT choice. .

Agreed, the option to change everything at the click of the button will only hurt the game. I've seen this In SWG and I've given other concerns that need not repeating.

Not really. Again, other than one's laziness, there's no conceivable reason for someone not to be able to level yet another Jedi Knight to level 55. Period. .

Have to agree yet again. They've coddled us enough. We have the space bar and XP boosts via questing, not just thru CM.

Classic! +1

Your choice, as it is, is FINAL, PERMANENT, EVERLASTING. The game issues one or two warnings before you make that same choice. There's no point to an RPG if you have an issue with something as simpler as PERMAMENT choice.

It's only final, permanent and everlasting because that's how the game works at the moment, just as your choice of species used to be. If it stays that way, no biggie. If they change to allow AC change, equally no biggie.

Edited by branmakmuffin

To all the haters out there about AC changes, I have a question:

How the heck does allowing Advance class changes affect your game play, the game, or anything else?

I am asking this in all seriousness.

Sure I can re-roll another agent AC Sniper, because I am not a fan of the Operative DPS style. Power level through the grinds to 55 and look, I have a sniper! or I can pay BW some money to put forward to game development and hey Look! I have a sniper. Either way....I have a Sniper :eek:

Seriously, How players get their AC, does it really matter?????????!!!!!!!!

No, not really. :rolleyes: