Who is the Emperor?

enkryptor

Lord Emperor is the beacon of hope for galaxy and its rebith in the embrace of perfection.

also, know that Voice of the Emperor only posses the power of the stolen body, Lord Emperor's original potential is beyond measure, he is the master of the force.

So a beacon of hope is the destruction of the entire galaxy? I'd hate to see what the harbinger of destruction for the galaxy is.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he pretty much wants to kill everything in the galaxy (including the force) to become immortal and then wait for the cycle of life to start again. He doesn't require living beings to complete the ritual, however he requires the force from the midichlorians that live in all life and his ritual takes every part of the force within range. He however doesn't realize that in order for life to start, the force needs to be in the galaxy. And also, why do you call him Lord Emperor? I'm not judging you or anything but i'm just curious.

Killing is such a crude word - he will simply help them transit into state of oblivion in a rather fancy way - and what is important, only one galaxy of many other that will still exist. Isnt his idea beautiful, to experience dawn of the new universe, to be the first who will plant crops. I'm fairly sure that he realizes that and most probably he will be able to initialiate a new universe by himself., after all, he is the master of the Force. Why do I call Lord Emperor - Lord Emperor? Because of his power and knowledge, partially, but most importantly because of his mercy and goodnes, thanks to his marvelous plan there wont be a need for noble citizens of the Empire to suffer at hands of those corrupted, filthy, scum beings of the republic. Lord Emperor shall bestow upon them gift of infinite silence. Ah and of course because he chose my character as his executioner - who knows maybe my warrior and Lord Emperor, both shall experience a new world - or if my Warrior is stronger in the force than Lord Emperor then he will, as tradition dictates tear him apart in a majestic Sith way - prefferably after apocalypse.

Killing is such a crude word - he will simply help them transit into state of oblivion in a rather fancy way - and what is important, only one galaxy of many other that will still exist. Isnt his idea beautiful, to experience dawn of the new universe, to be the first who will plant crops. I'm fairly sure that he realizes that and most probably he will be able to initialiate a new universe by himself., after all, he is the master of the Force. Why do I call Lord Emperor - Lord Emperor? Because of his power and knowledge, partially, but most importantly because of his mercy and goodnes, thanks to his marvelous plan there wont be a need for noble citizens of the Empire to suffer at hands of those corrupted, filthy, scum beings of the republic. Lord Emperor shall bestow upon them gift of infinite silence. Ah and of course because he chose my character as his executioner - who knows maybe my warrior and Lord Emperor, both shall experience a new world - or if my Warrior is stronger in the force than Lord Emperor then he will, as tradition dictates tear him apart in a majestic Sith way - prefferably after apocalypse.

Are you roleplaying? Also, you're ok with dying just to serve a mad man? Also, you really think hes gonna spare you? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. His ritual will consume everything and i mean EVERYTHING that involves the force. And Vitiate can't die that easily. His Wrath would be destroyed before him if he betrayed.

Are you roleplaying? Also, you're ok with dying just to serve a mad man? Also, you really think hes gonna spare you? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. His ritual will consume everything and i mean EVERYTHING that involves the force. And Vitiate can't die that easily. His Wrath would be destroyed before him if he betrayed.

You do know the Emperor's plans right? Not exactly a good thing no matter which side your on.

You do know he is a troll right? He isn't rational, nor does he say anything beyond the most laughably unconvincing propaganda. So stop feeding him.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

You do know he is a troll right? He isn't rational, nor does he say anything beyond the most laughably, unconvincing propaganda.

Yeah, I knew. I'm naive that he's just a very dark person.

Or maybe I just want to see what he says in reply. :jawa_evil:

It is your wild speculation that it will destroy everything and that he doesnt care about anyone - althou I wouldnt use word "care". I'm ok with taking chances. Lord Emperor is not a mad man but a highly intelligent person that sees beyond ramifications of mere mortals. That is why Wrath would kill him after discovering new paradise.

You do know he is a troll right? He isn't rational, nor does he say anything beyond the most laughably unconvincing propaganda. So stop feeding him.

Rational? again my friend, I'm afraid that you attach your own invented meanings to existing words. I'm one, pure living rationality. There is another thing, please refrain from calling me in such way, I do not appreciate it - I accept typical insults and everything that follows them but "troll" reminds me of a certain group of people with a specific brain functionality parameters, and I would like to be excluded from their "plays", not my kind of theatre.

Edited by Surinen

I actually laughed at a plot point today. The whole prison planet storyline just went from interesting to LOL wUT?

The whole bit where you have to stop the reactor core, that is powered by hyperspace, and will destroy the solar system and the one next to it. I was like Wha???!! Who needs a Death Star, when a hyperspace fueled power core can destroy solar systems? Seriously, this is supposed to be the OLD REPUBLIC. You aren't supposed to ramp things up THAT much. Not to mention the technology of a power core that's POWERED BY HYPERSPACE just sounds so utterly ridiculous. Even in the SW universe.

Edited by zardozap

I actually laughed at a plot point today. The whole prison planet storyline just went from interesting to LOL wUT?

The whole bit where you have to stop the reactor core, that is powered by hyperspace, and will destroy the solar system and the one next to it. I was like Wha???!! Who needs a Death Star, when a hyperspace fueled power core can destroy solar systems? Seriously, this is supposed to be the OLD REPUBLIC. You aren't supposed to ramp things up THAT much. Not to mention the technology of a power core that's POWERED BY HYPERSPACE just sounds so utterly ridiculous. Even in the SW universe.

I don't recall the details of this but Belsavis (the prison planet) was originally built by the Rakata who have always been themed as more technologically advanced (Star Forge and other Infinite Empire technology) so I'm guessing this technology was created by them and not the Old Republic?

Well, I have some theories about who the Emperor truly is, based on my knowledge of Bioware games:

• The player character (see: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
  • The player character's elder half-brother (see: Baldur's Gate)
  • Satele Shan (cmp. Lady Aribeth de Tylmarand, Neverwinter Nights)
  • A young boy who's really one of the oldest creatures of the universe and spend the past eons in outer space, who wants to assimilate every living creature and destroy all higher cultures without rest... so they don't destroy each other. (see: Mass Effect 3)

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well, I have some theories about who the Emperor truly is, based on my knowledge of Bioware games:

• The player character (see: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
  • The player character's elder half-brother (see: Baldur's Gate)
  • Satele Shan (cmp. Lady Aribeth de Tylmarand, Neverwinter Nights)
  • A young boy who's really one of the oldest creatures of the universe and spend the past eons in outer space, who wants to assimilate every living creature and destroy all higher cultures without rest... so they don't destroy each other. (see: Mass Effect 3)

actually, all that you said is currently covered ( partially ) by official lore so your theories are null and void.

actually, all that you said is currently covered ( partially ) by official lore so your theories are null and void.

Actually, the Emperor is a fictional person. The actual truth to answer the question "Who is the Emperor?" is "There is no Emperor."

Any writer can write anything about the Emperor they like and no variant is more true than any other. They are all fiction meant to entertain, not as replacement for history or reality - as is the "official lore" you refer. Whatever fiction will become part of SW:TOR, should it ever come to that, cannot possibly said before the story is written.

However, it is more meaningful to wonder what purpose the character of "the Emperor" will fulfill in the play and which aspects of the figure the writer might wanna wish to emphasize, than to try find the truth in a patchwork of fictional entertainment.

If you really wanted to you could use the Jedi Knight storyline and find a way to make sure that it is really a proof that the Jedi Knight player him- or herself is really the emperor - Lord Scourge never turned against the emperor, what Lord Scourge says about the Emperor's intentions is a lie, the Emporer you fight against is a decoy and the power truly comes from yourself...

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Actually, the Emperor is a fictional person. The actual truth to answer the question "Who is the Emperor?" is "There is no Emperor."

Any writer can write anything about the Emperor they like and no variant is more true than any other. They are all fiction meant to entertain, not as replacement for history or reality - as is the "official lore" you refer. Whatever fiction will become part of SW:TOR, should it ever come to that, cannot possibly said before the story is written.

However, it is more meaningful to wonder what purpose the character of "the Emperor" will fulfill in the play and which aspects of the figure the writer might wanna wish to emphasize, than to try find the truth in a patchwork of fictional entertainment.

is this some kind of artistic mumble? Emperor is described in official lore and nothing more matters until it gets changed or erased.

is this some kind of artistic mumble? Emperor is described in official lore and nothing more matters until it gets changed or erased.

I would have to to agree with this, though not the insulting tone. People keep speaking about the Emperor as if it's a mystery who he is (his plans are a mystery but not who he is to a certain point). Also people state that the JK killed the Voice of the Emperor as if it may have been the real Emperor, they're not sure, etc... There is certain lore from the games and books that is currently Canon and told to you. Who the Emperor is, race, how he got his power, etc... is described in the lore, we know it, as players of course not characters. The JK did not kill the Emperor but the Voice of the Emperor, this is what has been told to us in the story of the game. Like it or not these things are in fact known. Don't like the ending of a movie, fine, but there's no use pretending it's not what it is.

I would have to to agree with this, though not the insulting tone. People keep speaking about the Emperor as if it's a mystery who he is (his plans are a mystery but not who he is to a certain point). Also people state that the JK killed the Voice of the Emperor as if it may have been the real Emperor, they're not sure, etc... There is certain lore from the games and books that is currently Canon and told to you. Who the Emperor is, race, how he got his power, etc... is described in the lore, we know it, as players of course not characters. The JK did not kill the Emperor but the Voice of the Emperor, this is what has been told to us in the story of the game. Like it or not these things are in fact known. Don't like the ending of a movie, fine, but there's no use pretending it's not what it is.

It wasnt meant to be insulting. "artists" ( whoever they are, I loathe this word ) usually mumble hiding behind irrationality and symbolism just for the sake of achieving some unnecessary depth for their views. If there is established lore then why would anyone want to imply that it is irrelevant.

It wasnt meant to be insulting. "artists" ( whoever they are, I loathe this word ) usually mumble hiding behind irrationality and symbolism just for the sake of achieving some unnecessary depth for their views. If there is established lore then why would anyone want to imply that it is irrelevant.

I do completely agree. There is in game lore and book lore that are canon and tell you certain details. People seem to love to keep ignoring those (Like thinking the JK killed the actual Emperor) which makes no sense to me. Though I think it's important to be diplomatic and understand that even if you don't understand why people do what they do, they do in fact have their own reasons.