Handle merc dcd's

Sattee

Since Tuesday there' been umpteen of them in matches. Everyone and their mother knows their dcd's are op, can you fix them, they've only had the best dcds for about 2 years, enough is enough, geez. 8 mercs a match, 7, 8, 9, 12, geez

Since Tuesday there' been umpteen of them in matches. Everyone and their mother knows their dcd's are op, can you fix them, they've only had the best dcds for about 2 years, enough is enough, geez. 8 mercs a match, 7, 8, 9, 12, geez

Bummer...

Also, under normal circumstances, Merc dcds are definitely not OP. Calm down and suck it up for a minute.

Because they limit the number of tanks and healers, now they basically HAVE to get rid of merc DCDs and bring snipers down to life too to restore any sort of balance.

We've been telling them that certain classes are too over the top in terms of defenses compared to others ever sine 5.0 came out... but they didn't listen ?

They nerfed the DPS of these classes., but not really the defenses. Instead they considered DPS Sins and Marauders to be over performing and nerfed those more instead.

In other words, no, they won't do that. IT's been working as intended for 3 years now and it's your fault that you refuse to play merc and enjoy your 3 or 4 lives.

Bummer...

Also, under normal circumstances, Merc dcds are definitely not OP. Calm down and suck it up for a minute.

Queue solo ranked and you will see: 50 mercs, 30 opers, 22 maras, 19 sorcs, 13 sins, some other classes. Definitely mercs defense cds are still too opped. No other class has 3 life save abilities

Edited by omaan

Queue solo ranked and you will see: 50 mercs, 30 opers, 22 maras, 19 sorcs, 13 sins, some other classes. Definitely mercs defense cds are still too opped. No other class has 3 life save abilities

On the flip side. If you are trying to lvl up an Alt in lowbies and Mids, there are hardly any Mercs. The highest number is Operative and Sins. Both of with out number every other class. The amount of them is ridiculous, especially if you are the only non stealth on the team. If you are, be prepared to die multiple times a match as 4 Operative gang bang you everytime you respawn.

The only class which outnumbers all other classes in 8vs8 regs at the moment are jugg/guardians.

On Tulak Hord there are usually 33% - 50% juggernauts in every match.

In fact for Merc DCD's:

• Arsenals Chaff Flares Decoy Passive are nerfed for 60% in 5.x
  • The maximum effect for trauma regulators was nearly nerfed for 100% (40%max now instead of 75% max healing before 5.6)
  • Kolto Overload was nerfed by 10% and moved to legendary which has a huge impact since you have to use 2 legendary utilities for merc/mando instead of just one like before 5.6
  • Due to changes you cant use kolto overload, trauma regulators and aoe/stun Dr together.

So talking of Merc DCD has barely been nerfed is just ********.

The tragedy of merc DCDs is that half of the players in pvp have not changed their playstyle since more than one and a half year.

• There are still people attacking and triggering healing of mercs responsive safeguard (just dumb) you know that tehy wont trigger on aoe or dots? compare it to enrage defense which triggers even for dots aoe and GUARD Damage!!!!! (Nice Second Life which no one can avoid)

I dont need even Trauma-Regulators or can use responsive safeguard as an ocd, when i'm in q with one of our healers in regs. I can also play powertech dps with just electro-shield. mh might be that pt's dcd are op or nerf the healer.

PVP at the moment is actually really balanced. The inbalance is due to the many fotm rerollers, which are class stacking in every match.

From 5.0 to now We had this reroller cycle:

• Merc (Since there deffs was op before nerf)
  • Engi Sniper (Huge AOE Damage and ridiculous AOE perma slow)
  • Dot Juggernaut/Skank Tank (Overtuned Chilling Scream)
  • Fury Mara (Stun Immunity more than half of the entire game (Force-Crush and obfuscate) really simple auto-crit rotation (even a moron can do 40k damage in less than 3 gcd) every 10 seconds)
  • backroll to juggernauts, due to there fancy buffed enrage defense

The only class which outnumbers all other classes in 8vs8 regs at the moment are jugg/guardians.

In fact for Merc DCD's:

• The maximum effect for trauma regulators was nearly nerfed for 100% (40%max now instead of 75% max healing before 5.6)
  • Kolto Overload was nerfed by 10% and moved to legendary which has a huge impact since you have to use 2 legendary utilities for merc/mando instead of just one like before 5.6
  • Due to changes you cant use kolto overload, trauma regulators and aoe/stun Dr together.

The tragedy of merc DCDs is that half of the players in pvp have not changed their playstyle since more than one and a half year.

• There are still people attacking and triggering healing of mercs responsive safeguard (just dumb) you know that tehy wont trigger on aoe or dots? compare it to enrage defense which triggers even for dots aoe and GUARD Damage!!!!! (Nice Second Life which no one can avoid)

I dont need even Trauma-Regulators or can use responsive safeguard as an ocd, when i'm in q with one of our healers in regs. I can also play powertech dps with just electro-shield. mh might be that pt's dcd are op or nerf the healer.

PVP at the moment is actually really balanced. The inbalance is due to the many fotm rerollers, which are class stacking in every match.

• Fury Mara (Stun Immunity more than half of the entire game (Force-Crush and obfuscate) really simple auto-crit rotation (even a moron can do 40k damage in less than 3 gcd) every 10 seconds)

LoL, comparing Mercs to Juggs Enraged defence is laughable. Second life my arse, just don’t hit the Jugg, stun them, interrupt them, use your own DCD and Enraged defence is neutralised and has a long CD.

Not only that, but Mercs can self heal. A Jugg Can’t. A Merc can disengage and escape, A Jugg can’t. A Merc has more ways to stay alive than a Jugg does.

Honeslty, I can’t even believe you have tried to compare the two.

Do know how ridiculous that sounds coming from one of the hardest to kill classes in the game?

LoL, comparing Mercs to Juggs Enraged defence is laughable. Second life my arse, just don’t hit the Jugg, stun them, interrupt them, use your own DCD and Enraged defence is neutralised and has a long CD.

Not only that, but Mercs can self heal. A Jugg Can’t. A Merc can disengage and escape, A Jugg can’t. A Merc has more ways to stay alive than a Jugg does.

Honeslty, I can’t even believe you have tried to compare the two.

Do know how ridiculous that sounds coming from one of the hardest to kill classes in the game?

just dont hit the jugg is the same like just dont hit the merc?

you know that enrage defense is triggered by guard and dots unlike all merc dcd? so just dont hit the jugg is not as simple as you consider.

and which ability of juggs can be interrupted??????:eek:

and hell yea enrage defense has a really long 1,5 min cooldown....compared to what? force shroud or cloak of pain? every dcd of merc has more cooldown.

but hey. it is impossible to argue with those guys maining a class you're are talking about. Same for Mercs Same for Juggs same for Fury Maras and so on.

Please tell me why are there more than 4 juggs/guardians in every regular warzone today? Just give me one argument for their increasing number at the moment. or when has it become famous to play jugg dps in teamranked.

In fact of stats. Juggs have round about the 600k overall healing in every warzone. mercs the same :rolleyes:

Edited by ultimarb

In fact for Merc DCD's:

That small nerf didnt change much. It is horrible to see when people attack merc, merc pops responsive safegod and people have to switch on other target for some time. Then They go back to merc, he pops damn reflect, then he pops heal adrenal/reduce damage adrenal and then OH WHAT? He pops responsive safeguards AGAIN because its cd is ridiculous low and they have utility which makes its cd reduced when merc is getting attacked. + for insurance merc has kolto overload to save himself again.

So cool when one merc uses same save life ability 2 times during being zerged and switched. Jugg uses enraged defenses and after them he just dies.... in solo ranked when enemy team has a jugg, everyone zergs jugg and kills him after enraged defenses are out. Wowee skilled merc still lives in all situations.

P.S. Some of super high-skilled mercs also taking root utility to root meele classes when they zerg him and hp+healing passive utility from legendary for a pure god mode

That small nerf didnt change much. It is horrible to see when people attack merc, merc pops responsive safegod and people have to switch on other target for some time. Then They go back to merc, he pops damn reflect, then he pops heal adrenal/reduce damage adrenal and then OH WHAT? He pops responsive safeguards AGAIN because its cd is ridiculous low and they have utility which makes its cd reduced when merc is getting attacked. + for insurance merc has kolto overload to save himself again.

So cool when one merc uses same save life ability 2 times during being zerged and switched. Jugg uses enraged defenses and after them he just dies.... in solo ranked when enemy team has a jugg, everyone zergs jugg and kills him after enraged defenses are out. Wowee skilled merc still lives in all situations.

P.S. Some of super high-skilled mercs also taking root utility to root meele classes when they zerg him and hp+healing passive utility from legendary for a pure god mode

Responsive Safeguard is the same abillity as Reflect. dont switch of the merc. aoe the merc. trauma-regulators(which some drop for stun-dr) and kolto overload can be tunneld while focused...but switching off is exactly the mistake. All of the DCDs have 2 Minute Cooldown. So you have at least 1,5 Min to kill the Merc.

Reduce Damage Adrenal is a merc only?

The Game is balanced on Groups not on solo. Solo Ranked Balance has never been and will never been.

Sometimes people rage to much instead of calm down, acknowledge the facts and start acting reasonable.

Responsive Safeguard is the same abillity as Reflect. dont switch of the merc. aoe the merc.
Most Merc's don't even seem to realize this. You can tell how many are clueless because they just stand there in the AOE and take it...shocked that their health drops. I love it...AOEs are your friend against Mercs.

After years, literally years of having no effective dcds and being at the bottom of the totem pole mercs were promoted to the top of the totem pole and sorc dps, PT were dropped to the bottom.

Just be patient, mercs were awful for 4 years so at this rate 2 years more of merc domination then DPS sorcs and PTs will be back on top.

Responsive Safeguard is the same abillity as Reflect. dont switch of the merc. aoe the merc. trauma-regulators(which some drop for stun-dr) and kolto overload can be tunneld while focused...but switching off is exactly the mistake. All of the DCDs have 2 Minute Cooldown. So you have at least 1,5 Min to kill the Merc.

Reduce Damage Adrenal is a merc only?

The Game is balanced on Groups not on solo. Solo Ranked Balance has never been and will never been.

Sometimes people rage to much instead of calm down, acknowledge the facts and start acting reasonable.

Switching is a mistake? So you prefer people damaging merc under green shield while it gets stack so in the end it healed it to 80% hp? And *** most of classes aoe abilities are weak. Even juggs/sents smash/vengeful smash has 6 sec cooldowns on them. Besides, using aoe can break cc's/mezz on merc's arena partners so it isnt an option for hardswitch teams.

IF you dont switch from merc - he gets 10 stacks and almost full hp buff, if you switch from merc you give him chance to offheal himself with heal scan or damage/heal your arena mates. In both cases merc wins lol. No wonder why solo ranked is always 3 mercs vs 3 mercs and both groups has 1 mara, sin or oper.

This... because mercs have no other abilities, no stuns, knockbacks, no selfhelas, no slows ... they simply lay down and die.

I find this thread really ironic.

Years back, I remember bombarding this same forum when I played merc dps. My biggest complaint was how warriors were impossible to peel off and basically I offered a free kill when they decided it was time.

With my old merc having zero DCDs and no way to keep juggs off for any extended period of time the jugg simply could negate my mercs damage use their own DCDs wade through my damage then smash me to pieces with ease. It was a very frustrating thing.

When I would vent about how annoying it was, I was told the same thing that I hear mercs telling everyone else now: Just don't hit them when they put up reflect, just don't hit them when they use shield, yada yada yada.

I always pointed out the above... Yes, because while you don't hit them, avoid doing damage to them they just sit there doing nothing, right? Wrong. They are smashing your head in and there's nothing you can do about it.

It's sort of how mercs are now, but juggs still are this way too especially in regs where you lack the focus fire to burn through ED or to coordinate when not to hit them. Juggs are very powerful in regs right now.

People that main or like the classes like to point out simple solutions to beating them but in reality the solutions aren't really that simple at all.

I find this thread really ironic.

Years back, I remember bombarding this same forum when I played merc dps. My biggest complaint was how warriors were impossible to peel off and basically I offered a free kill when they decided it was time.

With my old merc having zero DCDs and no way to keep juggs off for any extended period of time the jugg simply could negate my mercs damage use their own DCDs wade through my damage then smash me to pieces with ease. It was a very frustrating thing.

When I would vent about how annoying it was, I was told the same thing that I hear mercs telling everyone else now: Just don't hit them when they put up reflect, just don't hit them when they use shield, yada yada yada.

I always pointed out the above... Yes, because while you don't hit them, avoid doing damage to them they just sit there doing nothing, right? Wrong. They are smashing your head in and there's nothing you can do about it.

It's sort of how mercs are now, but juggs still are this way too especially in regs where you lack the focus fire to burn through ED or to coordinate when not to hit them. Juggs are very powerful in regs right now.

People that main or like the classes like to point out simple solutions to beating them but in reality the solutions aren't really that simple at all.

Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. I honestly think things are as close to balanced as Bioware can get with all classes except PT (dps) and Sorc (dps) Of course different specs of all classes could use some more polish.

I don’t suggest Mercs should get nerfed, but people who argue they are weak really need to learn to play (not you Lhance, that is directed at others).

It’s no different to people saying Juggs are weak or Juggs are OP. They are in a good spot in regs at the moment, just don’t take them into ranked / arena format with people who know how to play.

The issue with so many Juggs can be boiled down to this.

There were heaps of people playing FOTM skank Juggs instead of tanking or playing dps because it was easy to stay alive and you could spam AOE to get high numbers while your pal healer kept you alive for a guard.

Now with the healer tank number restrictions, lots of those skanks have switched to dps so that they can get matches.

Usually when a meta or change like this happens, people would just jump to another Alt to follow the FOTM crowd. But since the 5.0 gearing system started, people have spent months and months or over a year in gearing up just one toon.

Most are reluctant to put that toon on a shelf and move to another one. Which you can’t really blame them because gearing is to tedious and time consuming for a lot of pvpers.

So this leaves us with a problem moving forward, if the gearing system stays as it is, any meta changes to classes probably won’t see too big a change in the amount of classes in pvp, at least not for a while. This is why you will have a lot of dps Juggs in pvp for a long while. Not because they are OP or even FOTM, but because the FOTM skank Juggs don’t want to have to gear another Alt and it’s easier to just switch to a dps Jugg. It’s why we still have so many FOTM Mercs who haven’t jumped to another class after they were nerfed. It’s also why you are seeing more dps Sorcs in regs because all those healers have started to respec to get matches. Sadly Sorcs are still one of the worse dps classes in the game, but people start weighing up gearing another Alt or playing a bad class and if they are really casual, then sticking with a geared Alt is often more attractive.

But here’s the thing. Most of these Juggs are rubbish at dps because theyve spent the last year and half playing skanks. Those of us who were playing dps Juggs in that time are ripping through these guys like a hot knife in butter.

For whatever record, until the shield/absorb changes happen skanking is the best way to gear a tank, because the defensive stats are not effective.

Also, I play a skank guardian in pvp, but I am perfectly capable of dpsing on my guardian as well. And on the odd occasion i solo queue, I do run dps guardian.

When I am running with my team, however, my tank is a force multiplier. My tank with my buddy's healer can hold off a far numerically superior force - a necessity when trying to 4 man carry bads.

So yes, the crappy ones exist - the skanks who wouldnt guard, who insisted on focusing on their damage rsther than their team, and who were generally a waste of space a dps could be using. But not all of us fall into this category.

Maybe most of us that dont, however, do what I do - I either run with a healer or i go dps. There comes a time when killing something is better than stalling it.

Most Merc's don't even seem to realize this. You can tell how many are clueless because they just stand there in the AOE and take it...shocked that their health drops. I love it...AOEs are your friend against Mercs.

Seriously... even I figured that out. And I am not the best at PvP, by far.

For whatever record, until the shield/absorb changes happen skanking is the best way to gear a tank, because the defensive stats are not effective.

Also, I play a skank guardian in pvp, but I am perfectly capable of dpsing on my guardian as well. And on the odd occasion i solo queue, I do run dps guardian.

When I am running with my team, however, my tank is a force multiplier. My tank with my buddy's healer can hold off a far numerically superior force - a necessity when trying to 4 man carry bads.

So yes, the crappy ones exist - the skanks who wouldnt guard, who insisted on focusing on their damage rsther than their team, and who were generally a waste of space a dps could be using. But not all of us fall into this category.

Maybe most of us that dont, however, do what I do - I either run with a healer or i go dps. There comes a time when killing something is better than stalling it.

But you would also know that most people think dps numbers are all that matter in pvp. It’s because of that attitude that a lot of people rolled skanks instead of dps. They weren’t interested in tanking at all, they just wanted the easiest way for their lack of skill to maximise dps without dying.

I know you are not one of those people, but there are a lot that are and they hide behind “I wanted to tank, but tank stats are ****ed, so I use dps gear”. The reality is they are noobs who needed the crutch.

You cant tell me so many of those skanks were or wanted to play dedicated tanks in the game. If they were, no one would ever clear any content because there would not be enough dps in the game.

It’s a FOTM dps crutch that a lot of dps farms switched to because they could farm high numbers with minimal effort.

So Juggs are now over represented because of all the FOTM shanks (not you) who have to respec to get matches.

I’m sure if gearing wasn’t such a pain, they would have already found a new FOTM class to move to. In the meantime, we are stuck with an artificial FOTM looking situation with Juggs. Most are crap dps players and die easily.

Skanking will be the best way after those changes too. Skanks will also have some of those crits be shielded.

So a Skank cant easily be Tank-Tunneld in Team-Ranked anymore. So why go into tank stats, when you're healer is fine with those changes with your skank gear? your group will only lose dps.