Disappointed in 1.7

Cyole

I was really looking forward to 1.7. The 'Gree' event would ad some much needed content and the reputation system would give me some reason to grind again.

However...

Everything that came with this patch is extremely lackluster. While the Gree event is nice with its new content and Operations boss. The rewards are not very exciting. This is a sentiment I share with the new reputation system as well.

The rewards for gaining reputation are limited to either pets, or new sets of orange modable gear. While yes, they are bind on legacy, that itself is not a proper enough reward for advancing reputation. We can already buy bind on legacy gear on our capitol planet and most everyone who uses bind on legacy gear (ie. crafters) has already done so. So look at the gear that the vendors are selling and tell me if they are worth it. I for one, don't think so. The gear for space mission rep is absilutely horrible. I was dreading having to do space missions to advance rep, but if that is all they are offering it looks like I won't have to bother. The Section X gear is also very blah. The head piece is a little wacky, but who cares really. They only thing there that interests me is the Baby drouk pet. Voss is just some dirty clothes. The vendor on Ilum is the only one that is vaguely appealing. The tron suits, while cool, are just another skin for people to wear. The one bright spot in this patch is the addition of Bind on Legacy weapons. Something crafters have been pineing for a while now. We got blaster during the 'Chevin' event, giving us the opportuniny to learn barrels, no matter which toon we aquired one on, but we needed an artifice leveled toon to raid with to be able to learn the hilts. With BoL Lightsabers we will now have the chance to learn hilts a bit more often which is nice.

But there is absolutely nothing offered for 'End Game' content by way of the reputation vendors. It would have been nice if there were some new schematics to buy with high level rep that would impact endgame gearing, ie. level 23 augments, or something of the like. The Gree event comes close with a 'Key' that requires certain rep to be able to board the Gree's ship. I like this idea and hope they incorporate it other rep vendors in other ways. Like needing a certain level rep to be able to purchase a key/pass to enter a Flashpoint or Operation.

Let me know what you think. As you can tell, I am just a little disappointed in 1.7:(

~Bouchdag

Sorry, I didn't know that I had to spell that out. I thought that by saying the addition of BoL weapons in this patch was one of the only highlights, that you might be able to infer that they weren't available before. I think most people already know this anyways. Or you just didn't read the whole post. Edited by Cyole

To be honest... WoW and other games usually do the same thing with rep grinds. There is usually one or two useful and desirable rewards and the rest is just eye candy. And usually the good rewards are not top tier but help you fill a slot or two so you can start the end game grind.

Although I agree that these guys are over using the re-skin rewards, the legacy weapons and tron armor are pretty damn cool looking. But if they don't appeal to you just skip it. PLUS I'm sure the system is built for expansion and more rewards will follow.

FWIW, the bowcaster was a BoL weapon. there's nothing in this event that you couldn't get before, at least in terms of function.

but then, how many people play the game based solely on function? if people did, you'd all be wearing the same orange gear you got from lvl 15.

tron armor are pretty damn cool looking.

The "tron" armor is just a recoloring of armor that already exists in the game. The lack of imagination and creativity of these devs boggles the mind. I mean, how many recolorings of a "dancer's" top are we going to see? They might as well just bring out a dye system and call it a day.

The "tron" armor is just a recoloring of armor that already exists in the game. The lack of imagination and creativity of these devs boggles the mind. I mean, how many recolorings of a "dancer's" top are we going to see? They might as well just bring out a dye system and call it a day.

Exactly. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'll just have to wait for 2.0 I guess for new stuff.

That's one thing that has disappointed me since day one, is how often they re-color existing armor, rather than actually adding a new design. Or that when they add a new design, they make something outrageous, when frankly I would love a set that just looked like this: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=200388

But other than that, can't say I'm too disappointed with the event, it was pretty much what I expected. I think the weapons are pretty sweet, if I had a complaint it's that at the rate you accrue gray helix comms, I might have enough for 2 at the end of the event, when I was hoping for 1 of each.

you obviously do not have a bounty hunter.. :mad:

Yeah, that does look a little like the laser pistol from Fallout.

On the flip side however, it almost makes me wanna roll a Commando just for the Assault Cannon. I won't of course, but the temptation is there...

Edited by criminalheretic

And what about repairs prices? an Event with 60K in repairs for death is stupid, I' quoting a friend in all forums, this is what he say:

I am very casual player and jump in as time allows. Have never enjoyed "grinding" and while I am content to work for things that I want in game I don't want to be forced to grind in order to even play. The fact that this thread alone is 28 pages long without a single gold response speaks loudly. Not a "we are looking into it" or "we will roll it back" or "sorry, deal with it". Nothing. Bugs all about the game, people posting hundreds of threads asking for fixes yet this supposed bug is addressed, why? Is there one single thread started in the forums saying "Please raise the cost of repairs", I rather doubt it. This kills the community, people need to post screen shots of players shouting for groups "experienced players only" I'm sure it's happening already. Repeatedly dropping pve quests in or right next to pvp zones. Space still largely ignored. Players still largely ignored.

I want to enjoy this game and at times I have. I've hung in there but decisions like this make me think of an old joke.

First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?

Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop

Think its time to stop hitting my head against the wall. Take care all.

From other forum,

This is it, and Why in a PvE server they want more people in pvp? this is stupid.

This is the idea I stand behind with the 1.7 patch. Think of every warzone game you have ever played in Star Wars. Now as you can assume they have had their ups and downs, but now consider all the fail pugs you have had to carry over the months. Those simple people who are just grasping at concepts when you actually need a solid other 4, the ones who take charge with a make believe strategy like, I'm going to solo snow, Yatagan take grass (I know I only have 400 expertise but I can do it). Or the countless times you've heard recruit gear sucks... I have more health with my 49 gear. So with this information now shown more clearly in the light people may now know why I kill 99% of the people I run into in the contested area on Illum. As I use the quote I have stated to so many friends who don't like it because of lack of reward and it becoming boring very quickly

"Think of every bad pug you've ever had to carry, you now get to kill them, over and over again"

This is the idea I stand behind with the 1.7 patch. Think of every warzone game you have ever played in Star Wars. Now as you can assume they have had their ups and downs, but now consider all the fail pugs you have had to carry over the months. Those simple people who are just grasping at concepts when you actually need a solid other 4, the ones who take charge with a make believe strategy like, I'm going to solo snow, Yatagan take grass (I know I only have 400 expertise but I can do it). Or the countless times you've heard recruit gear sucks... I have more health with my 49 gear. So with this information now shown more clearly in the light people may now know why I kill 99% of the people I run into in the contested area on Illum. As I use the quote I have stated to so many friends who don't like it because of lack of reward and it becoming boring very quickly

"Think of every bad pug you've ever had to carry, you now get to kill them, over and over again"

Word.