Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skank Jugg in PvP - Rotations, Stats or other Advices for a returning Player

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Skank Jugg in PvP - Rotations, Stats or other Advices for a returning Player

Zockwave
Yesterday , 03:17 AM | #11
Thank you all guys
Wanna free stuff? Check this out: http://www.swtor.com/r/WCWWg3

Morath
Yesterday , 08:34 AM | #12
Just wanted to chime in. First, I dont think our damage is fluff. I am not the best player but even on solo targets when we debuff and pound on them it is a lot of pressure. I rarely lose a one v one in regs and I have had many 2v1 and even some 3 v1 against bad players. Before someone says Im not protecting my team, this was when I was responding to a call for example in civil war and they are trying to stall me in the middle.

Anyway, a couple of utility changes I like. Now this is not ranked, I like taking the root break on enraged defense because it helps me tremendously kill snipers and mercs. I also love extending roar. I cant tell you the number of times I have stopped a cap with it while netted by a merc with saber throw on cooldown.

For me the number one objective is not protecting the team... That is number 2. Number one is securing the win. Sometimes that means guarding and objective when no one else will. Sometimes that is stalling the pub team with 4 healers from getting their node by drawing them away from mid. Is it optimal no but it seems to work.

I was really worried about giving up the 4 seconds of breakfree on leap but I don't miss it a bit. For me it is no fun and you are just not as effective if you can't move.

One other thing, I don't use a shield. It seems useless and only hurts my damage. I would really like to see someone show me how that is justified. Its 20% chance to shield and 20% absorb on 2 types of damage? That's 4% damage reduction on 2 types of damage? I cant even tell. Remember too part of defense is offence. Pressure them enough and they run.

Finally in my mind 25k HP increase does not just mean 2.5 hits. 25k HP with our defenses is much higher. I notice a difference even at 10k lower HP. It really depends on how much dps the other team has and how good the healers are as to whether I do dps gear vs high health. Getting rid of the shield makes even the high health dangerous imo,.

Mordarion
Today , 02:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
My skank build is basically endurance stacking. Tank set bonus, 248 preferred. Lethal b mods, 246 crafted. High endurance crit/alacrity enhancement,246 crafted. With fortitude augments (high endurance low power). I'm at 148k health now haha.

Run with a healer and watch the enemy cry as they try to kill the two of you.
Took from another thread to consolidate the info.

Thanks again to all!!

Korrii
Today , 02:21 AM | #14
Quote:
One other thing, I don't use a shield. It seems useless and only hurts my damage. I would really like to see someone show me how that is justified. Its 20% chance to shield and 20% absorb on 2 types of damage? That's 4% damage reduction on 2 types of damage? I cant even tell. Remember too part of defense is offence. Pressure them enough and they run.
From star parsing hours of warzones, I can tell you I shield 15% all incoming attacks by having a shield equipped, but with 0 def, 0 shield and 0 absorb.

Here is a simulation of the damage gained by having a focus instead of a shield :

Take the current attack sequence and it's expected damage output :

https://i.imgur.com/Zdno8WB.png

That's 64,438 damage output from this attack sequence (just output, not target defense etc factored in, it's kind of abstract) when having a shield (1604 force attack).

If you switch to a focus (2406 force attack), that expected damage output only rises to 65,429.

That's a 1.5% damage increase only. Riposte is about 4% of your total DPS and you get a free one when you shield an attack (15% of all incoming attacks on average). Just with that you don't lose damage with a shield equipped.

Regarding skill priority in pvp, here is a non standard warzone (a big long dragged out fight at mid on civil war). It's obviously inflated numbers, but it's interesting because it gives a good view of where the damage comes from.

4.8m dmg, 2m prot
https://i.imgur.com/fbDwPjG.jpg

And the parsing of that fight gives interesting stuff (which obviously would depend on how you play) :
https://i.imgur.com/oWzokg8.png

You'll notice :
- DAMAGE:
Your damage is realisticaly 5 skills. But really only one

-HEALING TAKEN
Even on tank, in a big bad fight, you need a strong healer to keep you up.
+ your own cooldows (medpack, skills, etc) amount to 650 HPS which is fairly significant
+ and I still needed another 2k HPS just to stay alive