How do u defeat the Iokath sentinels?

RaunchyRancor

I'm doing the walker mission in Showdown on Iokath, and have to face off 3 champion class sentinels at the same time with no ability to heal myself that I can find, and keep getting killed. How do I deal with them, or where have I screwed up that they're attacking 3 together? On my latest attempt, I managed to knock out 2 of them - and then AGAIN one more respawned so it was game over.

That's the biggest problem - there is no healing station or anything nearby. The walker can self heal when out of combat but that's obviously not an option here. Every damn time I try the mission, all 3 of them are waiting for me. It takes time to kill off even one of them since the walker's weapons inflict little damage, and the main gun and missiles require charging for 8 seconds.

I found that just letting it kill me was the only thing I could do -- never leave the room ( all 3 respawn, or mine did at least)

when you die, just select the revive point -- revive and go back ( there should be fewer now if you killed just one or two if you managed that ) ---

however many are left kill, and die -- rinse, repeat till all are dead --- trick is to revive at the point they offer and go back;

no, it is not a pretty fight, but it gets it over for you and you can move on .... ( I didn't see any self heal either :( I must be blind .... )

It does? Well, damn. I thought the icon looked greyed out.

If I'm at the right fight, there are two, the first in KotET there you can heal yourself (the Walker) in Combat,

the one in the Iokaht expansion, is a little more tricky, but just doable with a little luck.

• 8 months later...
I just wanted to confirm that the "stomp only" method does work. After multiple tries attempting to defeat, I came here to figure out what I was doing wrong. I went in to the combat, only used "stomp", nothing else, and in less than 5 min I was done and out of there!

• 1 year later...

If I remember correctly ---

I just killed one at a time ... died .. went back .. died ...

did over and over till all were dead -- not pretty or terribly original, but it worked

Unless they have changed the fight somehow, that was how I did it

If I remember correctly ---

I just killed one at a time ... died .. went back .. died ...

did over and over till all were dead -- not pretty or terribly original, but it worked

Unless they have changed the fight somehow, that was how I did it

Not sure if that worked originally, but now you start over at the beginning every time you die in that Iokath mission.

I imagine it's a similar issue to the chapter 8 kotet walker problem - seems like it might be level scaling. I just ran into the chapter 8 problem (I'm currently stuck there until it's fixed), but I died on that Iokath mission probably 10 times yesterday until I managed to clear it.

If you can't wait for the fix, you can use a walker armour cell from the rep vendor if you have the shards and the rep (friendly) and it seems to fix the scaling issue even though it's just a 20% boost. I killed all three in one go with it no problems. You might be able to buy them on the GTN too. They are not character bound and they don't mention legacy bound on the tool tip.

Freakin bug! No chance complit this quest. Walker with 100k of hits broken down in 2-3 shootings

The patch has fixed the health bug with the walker however they are still a PITA to kill as suggested used the stomp method and any time I died I ressed using medical probe repaired in the invuln time you have then rinse repeat till they are all dead.

There's been discussion on this in another thread that walkers still aren't right especially Iokath.

Some player characters can get past using stomp methods with the health increase but the DR of the walkers is still buggy. Tanks have a easier time then some damage classes.

Edited by Suzsi

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying this mission as we speak. The stomp thing is not horrible, but I can get one down, and one to 50% before they kill me. I summon a probe to pup up there and repair. But, both go back to full health. By the time the second one is down, I am at 10% and the remaining sentinel is abour 80%. He kills me, I rezz again, but now the first one has respawned. Can never get all 3 down. This is BEYOND frustrating. I am going to try the "wlker armor bonus" as someone else suggested, but at this point, it feels like a 2 year old bug should be fixed. Maybe the engineers could wake up and resolve this for us.