Q&A from Community Cantina in Seattle (31 Aug 2013)

jasoneth

My OotiniCast co-host Chill, who attended the Community Cantina in Seattle, was able to transcribe the Q&As from the two sessions held, which you can find in this post on our site.

Probably the biggest reveal (aside from the Super Secret Space Project video!) was that black/black and white/white dye modules will be directly purchasable on the Cartel Market “soon”.

My OotiniCast co-host Chill, who attended the Community Cantina in Seattle, was able to transcribe the Q&As from the two sessions held, which you can find in this post on our site.

Probably the biggest reveal (aside from the Super Secret Space Project video!) was that black/black and white/white dye modules will be directly purchasable on the Cartel Market “soon”.

Awesome Effort on your part here. Thanks for that. :)

Gives a very different perspective on PvP then we typically see expressed by players here on the forum.

"He did say that if an NPC died in any version of a class story it would be unlikely for them to bring them back."

God damn it all I really wanted Lord Cytharat.

"They might go back to the class story model, but it would be hugely ambitious."

So that's a no, never.

I take it that the reason we've been having no Developer Blogs or columns as of late, is because everyone is out on these pub crawls?

Thank goodness they're making black/black dyes directly purchasable. Should have been that way from the beginning.

Depends on the price though. :)

But my guess is they will setpoint at around 300CC which means they will sell for 300Kish credits on the GTN.

This one will be interesting to watch unfold. Done right.. it's good.. done wrong it borks the dye market, particularly for crafters.

Depends on the price though. :)

But my guess is they will setpoint at around 300CC which means they will sell for 300Kish credits on the GTN.

I would hate for it to be ridiculously expensive, but I can't afford to pay what they are being sold for on the GTN, and I am not going to go through old crates in hopes that I'll get them. I'd use black/black for multiple outfits on multiple characters.

This one will be interesting to watch unfold. Done right.. it's good.. done wrong it borks the dye market, particularly for crafters.

Crafters can't currently make black/black anyway, so it's not going to affect them.

I wish I went back in for the 2nd Q&A.

This answer is backwards:

Q:Why is there not more balancing before arenas?

A: Because the arenas will use different strategies, they want to see what happens in arenas before balancing, rather than the other way around.

Don't they realize with no changes you have already discouraged a portion of the player base that doesn't play the perceived FoTM class. We have seen Drama got 106-5 with Jug/2xRage Mara/Op. there is nothing else to see.

Without cross server queues queue times will be horrible as most sage/Sorc/Merc/mandos will not queue same goes for DPS unless they drop 1 Mara for another DPS however they will be tunneled since they don't have the DCDs a Mara does. Yes niche comps like Dongcleave or comps that the top 10% can make work will be out there however it's going to be over whelmingly the same fracking classes that are strong in RWZs.

Seems very short sighted for a team that reads the forums often they don't see how preception can sink arenas right off the bat. I strongly wish they would reconsider waiting 10 months + for balance changes is joke and should not happen period. This coupled with removing RWZs will lead to people unsubbing. We don't need Miss Cleo to tell us this.

Crafters can't currently make black/black anyway, so it's not going to affect them.

But today.. crafters can and do make a number of dyes that approximate the end appearance for much less cost. This market dries up on the crafters (or become unprofitable) as the black/black hit's much nearer to commodity price ranges.

I know one thing for sure.. I'm unloading any "near-appearance" dyes I have squirreled away before prices collapse once these two dyes go live on the CM. Example: Gray/Whites, which now sell for 300K +/- on Harbinger.

Edited by Andryah

from the transcript:

Q: When will we ever add more class story?

A: (Schubert takes a quick poll; most people liked the Makeb story. This apparently confirmed his suspicions.) From their point of view, the Makeb story was successful. And actually one of the reasons it was successful was because it was NOT a class-based story. Instead of having to come up with multiple reasons why different types of characters would go to Makeb (artifacts, military secrets, etc.) they could focus on making one very good story with slightly different takes for each class. This made Makeb both a better story and more epic (due to not having to do eight full versions of it.) They are looking at taking the basic Makeb model in future and expanding on its emphasis of class differences. How would Luke Skywalker handle this problem vs. Darth Vader? They might go back to the class story model, but it would be hugely ambitious.

now I agree that the story can be more epic as a overall arc rather then individual class stories but I feel there is a lot of room for improvement and experimenting here I hope they test different methods

for example, makeb would be more enticing to do on alts if there was a major class specific quest to start the planets story off [kinda like the different intros but with unique gameplay] then 90% of the planets arch through the story is shared across all classes and a big finale that is unique for every class, that would only be 2 quests they need to make original but would help make the story feel different and give that carrot to work for to see that classes finale

disappointed that there wont be new class specific quests planned but fully understand the why, but do think that experimenting is the best solution

Edited by Vis-Tecum

But today.. crafters can and do make a number of dyes that approximate the end appearance for much less cost. This market dries up on the crafters (or become unprofitable) as the black/black hit's much nearer to commodity price ranges.

Wait, I can make black dye as an Artificer?

Wait, I can make black dye as an Artificer?

Way to overlook the "approximate the end appearance" part of my comment. You've done this several times today.. reading something other then what was actually written.

DeepBlue/Black and Black/DeepBlue are popular among players, player crafted, and modestly priced. Even better in some cases to be honest.. given how washed out Black is on many outfits.

Edited by Andryah

Way to overlook the "approximate the end appearance" part of my comment. You've done this several times today.. reading something other then what was actually written.

DeepBlue/Black and Black/DeepBlue are popular among players, player crafted, and modestly priced. Even better in some cases to be honest.. given how washed out Black is on many outfits.

Actually I haven't played my Artificer in quite a while so I was asking a genuine question. I remember the "deep" colours as being very close to crayons.

Also, several times? I think you may have me confused with something else. I've only addressed one other time today, in another thread, again asking a genuine question because of how you phrased your post. But if you feel I'm being unfair to you, feel free to PM me.

What did Schubert exactly ask? "Did you like how story with Makeb was handled?" "Did you like Makeb's story?" "Did you like Makeb story over class story?" -_-

Yep I'd like to know as well because as is that sounds like an incredibly shoddy way to garner a response. So he got a bunch of drunk people to say they like Makeb and then uses that as reason/ justification not to do more Class Stories? What a joke.

Edited by Inflicktion

Yep I'd like to know as well because as is that sounds like an incredibly shoddy way to garner a response. So he got a bunch of drunk people to say they like Makeb and then uses that as reason/ justification not to do more Class Stories? What a joke.

I was not tipsy til i left,one thing was very evident people were hungry.

What did Schubert exactly ask? "Did you like how story with Makeb was handled?" "Did you like Makeb's story?" "Did you like Makeb story over class story?" -_-

That fact that the answer "confirmed his suspicions" somewhat implies a weighted question. It says 'poll', so did he include ambivalent answers (the 'OK' crowd) in as a positive response?

Some people are just hilarious.

When someone doesn't agree with their opinion, they have to be drunk, on medication, an alien Xenomorph or something to that effect.

The idea that maybe not everyone hated Makeb just because they did doesn't even enter their personal realm of possibility.

I think it's high time people stopped asking the same questions, so that we might eventually stop getting the same old answers. Enough with the Class Story questions and the Guild Ships. The answer is, and has been for 2 years now, "we're not saying never, but it's not in our immediate plans". Ask them what IS in their immediate plans or what they want to do with the classes moving forward. Even class balance questions make more sense, because at least balance is something that can never be over and done AND because there are Arenas coming in October.

Would I personally like more Class Stories too? I'd LOVE that. But Makeb's storylines were fine for what they were, as well.

Does asking the same thing over and over again and getting the exact same response for over a year now gets us anywhere? Definitely not.

Edited by TheNahash

Is this true? I've always been under the impression that legacy 50 was quite common.

We have 4 in our tiny guild alone. The number has to be higher than 1%. Even if it is only 1%, how many people clear nightmare modes and get the unique speeders/pets in there? 1%? Less? They put those exclusives in the game but they've deemed giving Legacy 50 players a toy not worth doing? /facepalm

I don't think that legacy level 50 is really higher than 1 percent. I think that is accurate.

I am concerned about the comments about internal ship decoration...stating mission triggers get in the way and could be broken by it.

I would rather see the triggers moved to the mobile holo outside the ship (personal) instead of allowing it to stand in the way of internal decoration...but then that's just me.