Emergency Medical Table?

ShenLongKazama

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think they are in the packs, I've asked in general over past 2 days nobody has even seen one, and they arent on GTN. But i think bioware should bring that up because some people will be irritated for spending money to get something that is advertized as being there when it isnt.

... But i think bioware should bring that up because some people will be irritated for spending money to get something that is advertized as being there when it isnt.

My guess is they're trying to figure out what to do. They clearly aren't in the packs.

I would guess we'll see an announcement in a day or so addressing the issue and saying they're being added to the Rep Vendor, or something similar. IMO, this is a pretty big screwup. It does feel like false advertising, although I doubt it was intentional. That said I still feel misled.

I heard they were in Aisle 4, next to the "hen's teeth". :)

My guess is they're trying to figure out what to do. They clearly aren't in the packs.

I would guess we'll see an announcement in a day or so addressing the issue and saying they're being added to the Rep Vendor, or something similar. IMO, this is a pretty big screwup. It does feel like false advertising, although I doubt it was intentional. That said I still feel misled.

So.... you ONLY bought the pack to get the med table? Yeah.. right. :)

My guess is that it is missing from the loot table. They will probably just announce that it did not make it in this pack and it will go into the next one. This sort of thing has happened before I believe.. and that's how they handled it.

As much as people want to latch on to "false advertising" with a strangle hold... it's a mistake.. and they will fix it and introduce it at a later date. Stuff gets "advertised" all the time in this and other MMOs for a particular release.. and then they slip it. It's virtual content.. with a random chance of receiving...not a sewing machine granted as a perk for subscribing.

Edited by Andryah

My guess is that it is missing from the loot table. They will probably just announce that it did not make it in this pack and it will go into the next one. This sort of thing has happened before I believe.. and that's how they handled it.

As much as people want to latch on to "false advertising" with a strangle hold... it's a mistake.. and they will fix it and introduce it at a later date. Stuff gets "advertised" all the time in this and other MMOs for a particular release.. and then they slip it. It's virtual content.. with a random chance of receiving...not a sewing machine granted as a perk for subscribing.

For cryin' out loud. :rolleyes:

I never said that, or alluded to it. However, it was a major reason I bought the packs.

You logic is sound, but with the addition of the new Rep Vendors it seems adding the EMT to them would be the easiest "quick-win" with folks who now have a lot of Rep & Certificates.

So i have to buy another pack to get the table? Or wait until the next gambling packs get released?

ヽ(#`Д´)ノ

You could do the prudent thing.. buy one off the GTN once they start popping. ;) It's the better move from an ROI anyway.

The Emergency Medical Table was a large reason I also bought these packs alongside the possibility of getting the Woodland Varactyl.

How about the Mood: Outraged? Kind of Ironic that this one is missing from the packs too. I guess we can't get too angry about the Table now that this Mood isn't in there?

Is it just me, or were these two things listed on the preview page a few days ago? They aren't there anymore if they were.

It makes the most sense that they were accidentally left out of the loot table, seeing as they are in the Collections window under Freelancer's/Contractor's and that when you click on these items it says they come from these packs. It is obviously a mistake, but that doesn't make most people feel that much better about it.

I bought 54 packs but didn't get a medical table, I alot of my fellow guildies did the same but none of them got it either. It would be safe to "assume" that it isn't in the packs or is bugged atm. In which case shame on you BW and you better make it up to people because that was one of the items I really wanted to get. If I didn't get it because it gambling that's fine, but if I didn't get it because it's bugged that's a different story and I'm disappointed. I hope this gets fix'd. :(

If Bioware screwed this up, they could put it in the "toys" (I forget the actual name) section of the Cartel Market, as they originally did with the carbonite chamber, and where things like the rancor holoreplica are currently. That way we could elect to buy it when it's been unavailable in these packs. Edited by Salacious_Dumb

If Bioware screwed this up, they could put it in the "toys" (I forget the actual name) section of the Cartel Market, as they originally did with the carbonite chamber, and where things like the rancor holoreplica are currently. That way we could elect to buy it when it's been unavailable in these packs.

That would actually be the smartest and most fair way to handle the issue.

I opened numerous packs and did not see either the Emergency Medical Table or Mood: Outraged. Further, I have not seen them on the GTN. If they do not surface by the end of the weekend, I am fully prepared to believe there was some error in the drop rate for these. If so I wonder what the resolution will be.

Everyone knows that a crapload of people bought packs for the sake of getting the varactyl, that was the only reason they opened 50 packs. And yet we have people claiming that it isnt false advertising to not include the medical table, which for the record is in the picture on CM, and that it would be silly to buy that many packs for that one thing. I'm pretty sure that the whole thing was a mistake and that BW isnt trying to screw anyone but it doesnt change the fact that it happened.

What if every rare item had been a color crystal and none of the other rare items had been implemented? Where do we draw the line when what you want is down to personal prefernces? I've personally never had any interest in the varactyl but I bought a good deal of packs for the sake of getting the Morlinger. I probably would have been pissed if the Morlinger had turned out to not be included and that I now had to buy just as many packs of the next shipment or spend 5M for it on GTN down the road.

Is there a solution to this? Probably not. A good deal of people want stuff because they're rare and handing out medical tables to everyone who bought a pack, if that's even possible to track and do, or making it a standalone item on the CM would defeat the purpose.

So in conclusion, it happened and while I potentially could have been annoyed by it, but isnt in this particular case due to the fact that I had no interest in the specific item, I believe we just have to let it go.

Edited by MidichIorian

Well it's not just the table it's also the emote, and not to mention there were 2 different types of lightsaber crystals only blood red drop'd. What bioware has done is sell a broken products. It's like going to the store and buying rotten fruit, or buying a box of lego only to find that half the parts are missing. It's not false advertising it's them selling a faulty product.

Well it's not just the table it's also the emote, and not to mention there were 2 different types of lightsaber crystals only blood red drop'd. What bioware has done is sell a broken products. It's like going to the store and buying rotten fruit, or buying a box of lego only to find that half the parts are missing. It's not false advertising it's them selling a faulty product.

The Hot Orange crystals are available, but genuinely rare. Incidentally, the distinctions of Rare and Super Rare seem completely arbitrary and misleading.

Yep I definitely can't think of one; not one that'll satisfy everyone anyways. The best they could do (imo) is like others have suggested and just add it to the CM to be purchased directly.

or let people buy it with certificates that we already earned from packs, or buy it with rep since if you opened packs that works too.

or let people buy it with certificates that we already earned from packs, or buy it with rep since if you opened packs that works too.
That is a brilliant solution because it allows them to set a price, in certificates, based on the certificate drop rate in relation to the intended medical table drop rate. My vote goes to this.

Plus, with BOP on reputation vendor items it will only be available to those who bought packs and that's something I like...and I happen to have 56 or so certificates laying aorund :)

Edited by MidichIorian

I never said that, or alluded to it. However, it was a major reason I bought the packs.

You logic is sound, but with the addition of the new Rep Vendors it seems adding the EMT to them would be the easiest "quick-win" with folks who now have a lot of Rep & Certificates.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130819

No table listed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151651908763860.1073741834.28984808859&type=3

No table pictured.

If you bought a pack based on datamining, it is your own fault.