Commanding Legacy and mirror classes

Vagessel

"You gain one stack for each mirrored class at Command Rank 300. Example, a Knight and Warrior at 300 only count once."

Hopefully this won't apply to SAME classes, meaning a Marauder and Juggernaut will each add a stack.

Edited by Vagessel

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You gain one stack for each mirrored class at Command Rank 300. Example, a Knight and Warrior at 300 only count once."

Hopefully this won't apply to SAME classes, meaning a Marauder and Juggernaut will each add a stack.

You mean a warrior and a warrior? Not really MIRRORED classes

where did you read that mirror class caveat? i dont see it in the patch notes.

In the Legacy tab ingame under "Other". It states you get an additional 25% cxp boost for toons at 300 CR but mirrors do not count. So you need to level 1 of each class. (ex Knight & Warrior counts as one.)

where did you read that mirror class caveat? i dont see it in the patch notes.

It's in the description of the Legacy Perk itself - "Example: A Knight and a Warrior at 300 only counts once."

This is disappointing to say the least. I have 5 characters at 300, 4 of which are "mirrors" according to this rule (2 Troopers and 2 BHs, each one of each advanced class).

Why would a Vanguard and Commando count towards the same bonus? This literally makes no sense. These are two completely different classes..

yet another item that should have been stated. I have one 300 knight and working on my Jugg as i enjoy the play-style and story more than the others. Why was this not stated before? every post i could find on the matter just says 4 characters and nothing about mirror classes.

thats just low.

edit: not at home to check, so thank you for the location.

Edited by Qouivandes

That is BULL, and not what they said at all. I have 4 Commandos at 300, 1 Smuggler, 1 Sage. So even though I have more than 4 at 300 I get 75 percent?

Or is that only mirrors? You can't tell which individual characters have 300? That's too hard???

Edited by Kyrra_T

Honestly, i had only intended on getting my knight/jugg/ to 300 and the others as they got there when i could play them as those two were going to be my Main characters. Now, that will just reduce the potential gains so, i suppose, the Assassin will need to be made, leveled and start on the grind to 300 instead.

Just when i thought it was safe to go back into the water. sure, not deal i the fact that im going to rage over it, but still something that should have been said prior to the release as it is a very important caveat. i cannot stress that enough and its just the type of low blows that cause distrust and bad posts. I am disappointed.

I'm beginning to get seriously annoyed by Bioware promising us ways to decrease the grind, but then add little requirements like this without telling us so before the patch hits. My characters are mirrors of each other in two cases. I actively play a Jedi Guardian, Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Jedi Sage and Smuggler.

The Guardian and Sage are at rank 300 and give me 50% experience. However, the Sith Marauder and Assassin, of which the later is at 285(!), aren't supposed to yield me any net result despite me investing 200+ hours into their GCXP grind? To get the full bonus, I now have to dust up a commando or mercenary I rarely play, do 270 levels with it and then leave it on the side because I don't enjoy their playstyle just for a 25% XP increase?

Yeah, no. Guys, I'm beginning to think you don't understand how communication works. It's understandable that people are frustrated when you promise relief from the GCXP grind by perks and other things, but then add stupid requirements such as this without communicating. Remember the Umbaran SH when you didn't tell us about the weekly cap making it impossible to get the SH within the first week? Same thing.

Can't you at least once communicate the positive effects and (negative) extra requirements before we log in to the fact?

Edited by Alssaran

Very disappointed, but not entirely surprised there was a catch after all.

I got a Knight, a BH and a Consular before they announced the 100% CXP bonus. It was a toss-up between stealth charaters to see which one would be my 4th and the Jedi Shadow won over my Scoundrel. OK, so 75% bonus is not shabby at all, but still...

You've got to be freaking kidding me...

This is NOT what was said...

You can't be surprised. The only area they consistently outperform expectations is in proving we lack imagination when it comes to the worst possible way something could be implemented.

Edited by docbenwayddo

Very disappointed, but not entirely surprised there was a catch after all.

I got a Knight, a BH and a Consular before they announced the 100% CXP bonus. It was a toss-up between stealth charaters to see which one would be my 4th and the Jedi Shadow won over my Scoundrel. OK, so 75% bonus is not shabby at all, but still...

Anyone who has 4 300s and doesn't have the full bonus is getting shafted. I have 5 300s and likely only a 50% boost (seriously, there is no way to tell ATM other than logging into a 300 and calculating the difference).

It would be nice to hear from BioWare about this. Are we being rewarded for grinding CXP, or are we being rewarded for playing different classes? In my humble opinion it looks like it is neither, since the advanced classes are so different from their base class, and yet are being lumped in together.

When they talk about mirror classes are they referring to say Guardian and Sentinal counting only once or Guardian and Jugg counting only once. Or Knight and Warrior counting only once.

I have 6 x 300s and if it's the last scenario then only 3 will count for the bonus, which will suck because I could have levelled up an Op or Smuggler during the bugged daily time if I'd known. I figured 6 was enough if you only needed 4 for max bonus.

Or Knight and Warrior counting only once.

It is of each base class and mirrored. If you have a guardian and a marauder, they will only count towards 25% and not 50%, seeing they share the same base class tree as Knight/Warrior. To get the full buff, you need one of each different base class at 300. They cannot mirror each other. Even different AC across factions only count once if the base class is the faction's mirror.

This goes for same factions too. A Sentinel and a Guardian will only count once since they are both Knights.

I'll just leave this here:

Legacy Perk – For each character that reaches Command Rank 300, we will automatically add an additional 25% bonus CXP to your entire Legacy up to a maximum of 100%. You do need to purchase the initial 25% perk, but the additional 75% will be free. And, YES, this Perk is retroactive, so you will immediately benefit once we deliver United Forces Foundation.

From the Roadmap last week as found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

It specifically states characters. Not each class. Not each mirror. Each character. What happened in the span of a week that this changed so drastically or couldn't be communicated to us?

Confirmed, it's one of each base class, including mirrors. So any Knight/ Warrior counts as one class, same as Consulars/ Inquisitors, Smugglers/ Agents, BHs/ Troopers.

And of course, the bonus only applies below Command Rank 300. Once you reach it, no more Legacy bonus for you.

not too happy with this, but on another note is this thing bugged or am I not getting something ?

I got a sorc, mara, merc and a sage at 300, i know sorc and sage will only count for 1, so thats not the issue, but i log onto my sorc, for an ops mission i get 10k cxp, i log onto my mmando who is not 300 command lvl, she only gets 14k, ermm, where is that 75% increase i am supposed to get, because thats not even 50%?

and yes i logged onto all my 300 toons to get the cheevo, because yea otherwise they didnt show up, so cant even be that

p.s. that 14k was on a lightside trooper with lightside in victory state

Edited by LadyHF

Remember your lvl 300's don't get the extra 75% bonus your sub-300 toons get. And that is not counting any personal perk bonus a character may have. This goes up to 10% in multiples of 2.

My Ebon Hawk Legacy has no lvl 300 and no one has the personal perk, so each daily Heroic nets me 150 CXP. That's 75 for base CXP and 75 more for the double-CXP event currently running on all servers.

On Begeren Colony I have a 75% on all sub-300 toons and Light Side is currently winning. So a sub-300 toon who did not buy any personal CXP perks earns 218 CXP per daily Heroic. That's 75 for base amount, plus 75 for the doubling event, plus 15% of the LS victory state, plus 75% of my overall Legacy bonus.

Edited by Dbohrius