Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

JattaGin
01.11.2014 , 03:13 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
(...) For the EU cards, we at least can see the pet on the back. I would assume that as long as the Forest Nekarr Cat is shown there, it won't give us the Blackbolt, but who knows for sure...
Not necessarily, because if you buy the EU cards online, some shops don't send you the actual card, but only a scan of the code and the pictures on the website only show the front side. The shops in my area that have actual cards still have so many old cards with the cat, it's not very likely they will re-stock soon. But the online shop from where I ordered the code is out of stock every few weeks. That's why I had hoped that their newest delivery would already have the new pet. (Thinking about it, I could have simply ask them about the pet. And that is exactly what I will do now. Could have saved 15 Euros. /facepalm @ myself)

Jerba
01.11.2014 , 09:34 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Pets - 93%
Cartel Market - 100%
Special - 60%
Events - 100%
You can't really go by the Collections interface since that is only showing you the Cartel Market pets, and not the older pets (Orochick, Raklings, Tauntaun) or the pets from operations, flashpoints and world bosses. However, since you went by that, here's my status from the Collections:

Pets - 92%
Cartel Market - 100%
Special - 55%
Events - 100%

Looks like you have more in there because you have the Refer-a-Friend pets as well. Would you mind counting the pets in your Abilities tab so we can fully compare it?
Unfortunately, since I was tricked into clicking on a Refer-a-Friend link I am now unable to collect those four pets anymore. I contacted Customer Service and they said they would be reversing the connection, but it has so far not yet happened.

Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Not necessarily, because if you buy the EU cards online, some shops don't send you the actual card, but only a scan of the code and the pictures on the website only show the front side. The shops in my area that have actual cards still have so many old cards with the cat, it's not very likely they will re-stock soon. But the online shop from where I ordered the code is out of stock every few weeks. That's why I had hoped that their newest delivery would already have the new pet. (Thinking about it, I could have simply ask them about the pet. And that is exactly what I will do now. Could have saved 15 Euros. /facepalm @ myself)
Ah, I see. I would never think about ordering online if I can get it in a store for the same price; I want to support the real stores as long as they exist.

PedgeJameson
01.11.2014 , 10:28 AM | #83
Anyone hot a link for the new amazon Germany area cartel coin card?

Jerba
01.11.2014 , 10:32 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by PedgeJameson View Post
Anyone hot a link for the new amazon Germany area cartel coin card?
Sure, here you go:
German version: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Kartellmünzen [Download-Code, kein Datenträger enthalten]
Austrian version: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Kartellmünzen (Code in der Box) [AT PEGI]
Note that they will send you not just the code, but the whole DVD case as well, so you may have to pay additional shipping on that and it takes a few days until it arrives. Any of these two cards will give you the Forest Nekarr Cat.

There are some online shops that send you just the code via e-mail, but I have no experience with them so I cannot tell whether they are trustworthy. Also, having a physical DVD case is a nicer memory than an e-mail in my opinion.

So far, I have not yet seen the new European card with the Model S-12 Blackbolt at Amazon or any stores here; I suppose we will have to wait a few more months until it is available.

LegoUniverseBC
01.11.2014 , 11:38 AM | #85
You can't really go by the Collections interface since that is only showing you the Cartel Market pets, and not the older pets (Orochick, Raklings, Tauntaun) or the pets from operations, flashpoints and world bosses. However, since you went by that, here's my status from the Collections:

Pets - 92%
Cartel Market - 100%
Special - 55%
Events - 100%

Looks like you have more in there because you have the Refer-a-Friend pets as well. Would you mind counting the pets in your Abilities tab so we can fully compare it?
Unfortunately, since I was tricked into clicking on a Refer-a-Friend link I am now unable to collect those four pets anymore. I contacted Customer Service and they said they would be reversing the connection, but it has so far not yet happened.

Ah, I see. I would never think about ordering online if I can get it in a store for the same price; I want to support the real stores as long as they exist.
You can still refer people even though you clicked one.

tman_ac
01.11.2014 , 11:40 AM | #86
I am at:

Pets - 91%
Cartel Market - 100%
Special - 50%
Events - 100%

Missing all 5 Battle Droids, Novadive, S-12-Blackbolt, M-7-Razorwire, Flashfire Model and the Crested Orokeet. So I am at 103/113 in Collections. I tried to order the new card from BestBuy, but it's a nightmare for a guy in Germany to get it. I really hate it that you have such a hard time to get all pets if you are living in Europe. If I am not able to get the additional pets anytime soon, I will just stop collecting pets. And then I will most likely lose interest in the game as this is one of the most fun parts for me. Have all other pets though, like everything you can get outside of the CM.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Jerba
01.11.2014 , 11:47 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
You can still refer people even though you clicked one.
Nope, I asked three people to click on my link and they received the following error message:
"This referral link belongs to a player who is no longer a Subscriber. You can create an account but cannot participate in the Friends of SWTOR program."
But if you know anything how to get around that error, I would appreciate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
Missing all 5 Battle Droids, Novadive, S-12-Blackbolt, M-7-Razorwire, Flashfire Model and the Crested Orokeet. So I am at 103/113 in Collections. I tried to order the new card from BestBuy, but it's a nightmare for a guy in Germany to get it. I really hate it that you have such a hard time to get all pets if you are living in Europe. If I am not able to get the additional pets anytime soon, I will just stop collecting pets. And then I will most likely lose interest in the game as this is one of the most fun parts for me. Have all other pets though, like everything you can get outside of the CM.
Like I told CrazyMcGee, please count the pets in the abilities window, not in the Collections, since a lot of pets are missing from the Collections.
But I totally feel you. All of the hardcore pet collectors I know stopped playing shortly before 2.0 due to the Cartel Market pets and all the exclusive pets from the EA F2P games and the cartel coin cards. They did not want to go to such great lengths to complete their collection and lost interest in the game.
I only know very few people on my server who are still interested in pets, but they only collect the few pets they like and don't have the cartel coin card pets or any of the more expensive pets.

LegoUniverseBC
01.11.2014 , 11:52 AM | #88
Nope, I asked three people to click on my link and they received the following error message:
"This referral link belongs to a player who is no longer a Subscriber. You can create an account but cannot participate in the Friends of SWTOR program."
But if you know anything how to get around that error, I would appreciate it.

Like I told CrazyMcGee, please count the pets in the abilities window, not in the Collections, since a lot of pets are missing from the Collections.
But I totally feel you. All of the hardcore pet collectors I know stopped playing shortly before 2.0 due to the Cartel Market pets and all the exclusive pets from the EA F2P games and the cartel coin cards. They did not want to go to such great lengths to complete their collection.
I only know very few people on my server who are still interested in pets, but they only collect the few pets they like and don't have the cartel coin card pets or any of the more expensive pets.
That's quite odd, I just referred two of my friends today and got the rewards after I clicked a link a few weeks back on accident.
I currently don't know any work arounds sorry! Hopefully you can get those pets soon!

tman_ac
01.11.2014 , 12:00 PM | #89
But I totally feel you. All of the hardcore pet collectors I know stopped playing shortly before 2.0 due to the Cartel Market pets and all the exclusive pets from the EA F2P games and the cartel coin cards. They did not want to go to such great lengths to complete their collection and lost interest in the game.
I am at 138 pets in total. So with the missing 10 from CM, I think max available pets are 148 now. And yeh, this is a big letdown for guys in Europe. I could buy the new amazon card from amazon.us, but bestbuy won't sell it to me if I am not an US citizen. The previous cards and the one from walmart for example I could get from a guildmate, who is an US citizen. But he stopped playing so I now don't know how and where to get the other pets. Makes me really angry.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Jerba
01.11.2014 , 12:09 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
That's quite odd, I just referred two of my friends today and got the rewards after I clicked a link a few weeks back on accident.
I currently don't know any work arounds sorry! Hopefully you can get those pets soon!
That's really strange. Did those friends create new accounts or have they already been subscribers to the game? Do you have a recurring subscription or do you use 60-day game time cards like me?
And from personal interest, how soon did you see the referral in your account page, was it immediately or did it take a few hours?

Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
I am at 138 pets in total. So with the missing 10 from CM, I think max available pets are 148 now. And yeh, this is a big letdown for guys in Europe. I could buy the new amazon card from amazon.us, but bestbuy won't sell it to me if I am not an US citizen. The previous cards and the one from walmart for example I could get from a guildmate, who is an US citizen. But he stopped playing so I now don't know how and where to get the other pets. Makes me really angry.
That's not bad at all.
I posted a full list of all the pets on page 8, there are currently 166 pets in the game, of which 147 are possessable. I regularily check Torhead and other database sites, as well as Reddit posts to be sure I catch every pet that gets added to the files, so I am 100% confident that my number is correct.
I do not count the Model Flashfire, Model M-7 Razorwire, Model S-12 Blackbolt or Orochick as possessable pets. Even though the pets are in the Collections, or there is an in-game way to get this pet (Wondrous Egg), unless some player somewhere has gotten this pet, I don't think that the codes or the egg are currently available.
Also, I do not count the pets from the beta as pets (L2-P2, T0R-CE, Tynock, Red Wattled Orobird, Lil' Probey, Smelly). In the beta, they used these NPCs to test the pet system but you cannot get those on the live servers since there are no items or abilities for those pets anymore.