For the Record: Reactive Warding vs Shield Amplification

KeyboardNinja

The other major reason the heal proc relic on a vanguard is best for brontes is the last phase has a total of 0 melee/ranged damage, so you can't defend against anything - and thats where all the healing is needed, and also where all the AoE damage is going out.

Well, Fire and Forget is M/R. It's just not hitting the tanks. :-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to this, the reactive warding is not better or there are other factors that may play for this said relic? Hmm my tank has an issue with Pulverize it seems and this is not an issue in terms of healing, we got two healers above 4.5k eHPS but I need to lower the damage taken. I may swap to my guardian and even my vanguard. Double shadows here is ... Edited by Leafy_Bug

So according to this, the reactive warding is not better or there are other factors that may play for this said relic? Hmm my tank has an issue with Pulverize it seems and this is not an issue in terms of healing, we got two healers above 4.5k eHPS but I need to lower the damage taken. I may swap to my guardian and even my vanguard. Double shadows here is ...

Almost all of the damage taken issues on Bestia are dps or coordination issues in reality.

Either your damage dealers don't kill the Monsters fast enough, or the tank is not able to make the Monsters attackable fast enough for the damage dealers.

The better dps and coordination is, the less healing the tanks will need and the more the healers can actually dps (which will make the fight really easy :))

If you still have problems, go hybrid. Pulverize is an area ability so :D.

Obviously a powertech tank, that has 3+ Monsters on him is pretty good aswell as he will get 2,5% healed everytime a monster uses pulverize on him.

If you still have problems, go hybrid. Pulverize is an area ability so :D.

Obviously a powertech tank, that has 3+ Monsters on him is pretty good aswell as he will get 2,5% healed everytime a monster uses pulverize on him.

In what spec is that? Hybrid? I might be missing something but I can't find any skill that heals 2.5% on AOE damage. :confused:

All right, so I've got that FR and RW are the go to relics, but I'm still curious about SA for the shadow/sin. In most fights where I'm not taking extremely quick amounts of damage, really a large amount of DP, several DF fights, among others, I've found that dark ward/kinetic ward usually has a large amount of uptime, provided I don't derp out and forget it. With that in mind, how exactly would SA not be that good? It's 625-740 absorb rating accompanying an approximate 55-60% shield chance. Wouldn't more absorb be valuable then?

Now I did read through it and I believe kbn or someone said that a case could be made for SA for shadows/sins, but I'm still curious for a definitive answer. Reason being, I feel like taking my shadow through DF and DP nim in replacement of my vanguard for the utility they bring, as I've seen on my sin.

Edited by BishopSMASH

All right, so I've got that FR and RW are the go to relics, but I'm still curious about SA for the shadow/sin. In most fights where I'm not taking extremely quick amounts of damage, really a large amount of DP, several DF fights, among others, I've found that dark ward/kinetic ward usually has a large amount of uptime, provided I don't derp out and forget it. With that in mind, how exactly would SA not be that good? It's 625-740 absorb rating accompanying an approximate 55-60% shield chance. Wouldn't more absorb be valuable then?

Now I did read through it and I believe kbn or someone said that a case could be made for SA for shadows/sins, but I'm still curious for a definitive answer. Reason being, I feel like taking my shadow through DF and DP nim in replacement of my vanguard for the utility they bring, as I've seen on my sin.

The SA Relic is worse then FR and RW. I doesn't matter if you have 30%, 60% or 100% shield Rating. The question is always: How much mitigation do 740 absorb rating give you?

There's no big difference between juggs (40% shield) and sins (60% shield) as sins already take more absorb rating, which means higher dimishing Returns.

Unless you are taking over 2000 damage per second, the RW Relic wins.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

The SA Relic is worse then FR and RW. I doesn't matter if you have 30%, 60% or 100% shield Rating. The question is always: How much mitigation do 740 absorb rating give you?

There's no big difference between juggs (40% shield) and sins (60% shield) as sins already take more absorb rating, which means higher dimishing Returns.

Unless you are taking over 2000 damage per second, the RW Relic wins.

Ah, so it has to do with DR and DtPS. I suspected that, but wanted confirmation. Thanks!

Edited by BishopSMASH

Hey,

but you always discuss On-Hit-Relics. Whats about On Use Relic? Especially "Dread Forged Relic of the Shrouded Crusader" (if you take this at the same time with Absorb Adrenal, you've an additional Def-CD).

Hey,

but you always discuss On-Hit-Relics. Whats about On Use Relic? Especially "Dread Forged Relic of the Shrouded Crusader" (if you take this at the same time with Absorb Adrenal, you've an additional Def-CD).

That would depend on the Boss Encounter. They are a lot worse in the long run then On-Hit-Relics.

On some bosses with short important burn phases (Brontes for example), they might be slightly favorable but on average they are worse.

In Dread Palace/Fortress 7 out of 10 bosses are constant damaging bosses were average mitigation is important.

Therefore it's recommended to use On-Hit-Relics.

That would depend on the Boss Encounter. They are a lot worse in the long run then On-Hit-Relics.

On some bosses with short important burn phases (Brontes for example), they might be slightly favorable but on average they are worse.

In Dread Palace/Fortress 7 out of 10 bosses are constant damaging bosses were average mitigation is important.

Therefore it's recommended to use On-Hit-Relics.

Are there any mathematically basis, that the On-Use Relics are worse then On-Hit? Or is the average mitigation of the Reactive Warding so damn good? So I'm Tanking Main as Juggernaut, but especially on my Powertech I love my On-Use Relic (combinated with Absorp Adrenal), as another Def-CD. So normally i use FRedoubt and Shrouded Crusader, because in my opinion, the bonus of Reactive Warding can heal a Annihilation-Marodeur.

Are there any mathematically basis, that the On-Use Relics are worse then On-Hit? Or is the average mitigation of the Reactive Warding so damn good? So I'm Tanking Main as Juggernaut, but especially on my Powertech I love my On-Use Relic (combinated with Absorp Adrenal), as another Def-CD. So normally i use FRedoubt and Shrouded Crusader, because in my opinion, the bonus of Reactive Warding can heal a Annihilation-Marodeur.

Yes, there's a mathematically basis (dipstik's thread for example).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686677 second post

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Yes, there's a mathematically basis (dipstik's thread for example).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686677 second post

OK, are there any better Exlpanation? Cause first of all, in the second post, there are only the Relic-Data's for TFB & SnV. So I copy that for example Terror from Beyond:

------

weighted relic base diff =warding

def proc 0.3037 0.2927 0.3075 0.0050 6526

abs proc 0.3047 0.2937 0.3086 0.0039 8329

shd use 0.3062 0.2938 0.3086 0.0025 13070

use def 0.3066 0.2964 0.3086 0.0020 15846

warding 32.38095238

------

So I'm quite new in these aspects of SWTOR.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. Reactive Warding and Fortunate Redoubt are the BiS relics currently. I'm clear on that. Can I get some confirmation on what level of relic though?

eg; is Arkanian RW still BiS or is it now Dread Master or even Obroan or whatever. Same with Fortunate Redoubt?

1. Dread Master
  2. Brutalizer
  3. Arkanian
  4. Dread Forged
  5. Obroan

Is this for both relics? I was under the impression (when I last looked) that it was Arkanian RW and Dread Master FR? (that was when Arkanian RW doubled proc'd) Or is Dread Master Both relics BiS?

Also, if that's the case, how does Arkanian rate higher for both relics?

Is this for both relics? I was under the impression (when I last looked) that it was Arkanian RW and Dread Master FR? (that was when Arkanian RW doubled proc'd) Or is Dread Master Both relics BiS?

Arkanian rw stopped being bis when 2.7 came out with brutalizer relics, prior to that it was.

Sorry, must have skimmed your question badly; it's only for Reactive Warding.

• 3 weeks later...
So which bosses in DF and DP HM is the RW relic better for a jugg tank?

In Hard Mode, RW is the BiS relic for all tanks. In Nightmare Mode, RW is the BiS relic for all tanks except for Vanguards/Powertechs on Brontes (where the Ephemeral Mending is better), and possibly Shadow/Assassin tanks on Tyrans.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

• 2 weeks later...
In Hard Mode, RW is the BiS relic for all tanks. In Nightmare Mode, RW is the BiS relic for all tanks except for Vanguards/Powertechs on Brontes (where the Ephemeral Mending is better), and possibly Shadow/Assassin tanks on Tyrans.

Are you saying Shadow/Assassin should use SA and FR for Tyrans?