So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

To all the contrarian posters is this thread, why does it possibly matter to you? There is a sizable population of players that want these types of iconic armor sets.

What is it in your deluded little, self-important world that would make you oppose a reasonable request that would help thousands of fellow player enjoys the game more and thus make the game more successful??????????????????????????

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the contrarian posters is this thread, why does it possibly matter to you? There is a sizable population of players that want these types of iconic armor sets.

What is it in your deluded little, self-important world that would make you oppose a reasonable request that would help thousands of fellow player enjoys the game more and thus make the game more successful??????????????????????????

Because its kinda silly to request looks from the movies that take place thousands of years later and are only iconic because of that?

Because its already possible to have these outfits in the game but you have to sacrifice your heavy armor (wich makes sense since plain cloth isnt really "heavy armour")?

Because your "sizable" portion is simply anecdotal and not based on anything but a few people whining about it here over and over?

Because the OP said "actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe" as if this isnt part of the "real" star wars?

Because this is a completely different era where jedi are soldiers, not peacekeeping diplomats and thus wear armour (you know, kinda like they do in the clone wars? But im guessing thats not "iconic")?

Because its already possible to do this in-game? Oh wait, i said that already didnt i?

Dude your so way off it's scary, i will give you a hint... jedi dont need armors in the actual canon star wars universe

they have the force and lightsabers.......get it ? btw why even post like this when you have no clue whats so ever i mean really.

In the "actual" canon universe?

soooo... that would be the movies only then... and nothing but the movies?

The clone wars series obviously doesnt count since they do have armor there.

Admit it, you simply want a robe so you can look like obi-wan kenobi but without losing your precious heavy armor bonus.

Well, since you can now prance around in a bikini and still get heavy armor i say why not. Im mostly ticked off at the general attitude in this thread that you somehow know more about what is "correct" star wars than me or anyone else.

Silly to request looks from 3000 years later - what? Hey, read through the journal of Master Gnost-Dural from 0 years later, I beg you!

Wait, don't bother. I found them for you! Images of characters/events taking place approximately at the time of the Sith invasion before the Treaty and a bit after.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Padawan_Gnost-Dural_JMGD.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203654/starwars/images/e/eb/Dural_first_duel_JMGD.jpg

Don't really see him wearing armor when fighting the Sith. This is a traditional Jedi outfitting and we just want to look like generic Jedi.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I must ask the question of why wearing brown robes will somehow make the game more enjoyable? I mean, if you're already enjoying the game, why does it matter what clothes you're wearing?

What does it matter if you're wearing brown robes with no armor or brown robes with armor? It doesn't give you a higher chance at loot. It doesn't make your social points get a 10% increase. No XP bonus, no chance of group priority in the queues, no guarantee of a WZ win.

So what would robes do that the current sets we already have cannot?

Not gonna happen. Care to know why ?

Cause the crappy Hero engine cannot even support the most simple of cloth physics. Something that City of Heroes already did years ago and that other game like GW2 do way better.

If you check out the current "robes" you will see that they only consist of textures and are not real 3D layers. Just sad when ancient games beat Swtor in that regard.

Edited by HammersteinSW

Silly to request looks from 3000 years later - what? Hey, read through the journal of Master Gnost-Dural from 0 years later, I beg you!

Wait, don't bother. I found them for you! Images of characters/events taking place approximately at the time of the Sith invasion before the Treaty and a bit after.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Padawan_Gnost-Dural_JMGD.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120807203654/starwars/images/e/eb/Dural_first_duel_JMGD.jpg

Don't really see him wearing armor when fighting the Sith. This is a traditional Jedi outfitting and we just want to look like generic Jedi.

Gnost-Dural?

You mean the scholar Gnost-Dural?

The Jedi Consular Gnost-Dural?

Jedi Consulars have access to plain brown robes already. Whats the problem?

Esseless consular robe for example: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7598.jpg

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I must ask the question of why wearing brown robes will somehow make the game more enjoyable? I mean, if you're already enjoying the game, why does it matter what clothes you're wearing?

What does it matter if you're wearing brown robes with no armor or brown robes with armor? It doesn't give you a higher chance at loot. It doesn't make your social points get a 10% increase. No XP bonus, no chance of group priority in the queues, no guarantee of a WZ win.

So what would robes do that the current sets we already have cannot?

You do understand that there is alot of people playing this game because it have the name star wars right ?

And those people actually care about looking a certain way, unlike some who put on gear they get and thats it.

Why am i even explaining this to you ....

Gnost-Dural?

You mean the scholar Gnost-Dural?

The Jedi Consular Gnost-Dural?

Jedi Consulars have access to plain brown robes already. Whats the problem?

Esseless consular robe for example: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7598.jpg

ROFL can you plis stop posting :D you have got to be the most silly poster ever....

Dont you understand there is no such things as consulars marauders etc just game mecanics.

I mean come on..... you talk about armors like they mean anything in the star wars universe lols

It's a game with game mecanics. Get over yourself.Only reason troopers etc use armors etc is to shield against

enviroment etc they do nothing against blasters or saber for the most part.So troopers will not shoot others troopers.

And this is what you dont understand, jedi dont need armors what so ever.In fact only reason obi wan used trooper armor first seasongs of clonewars was because they said it was more easy to make the combat on their current computer systems,later they removed his clone armor as they got better making the visuals.

Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.

November 29, 2012, Bioware Livestream Q&A

Whether you disagree or not - it was stated and we'd like it addressed. November was a good while away and we're still waiting.

You do understand that there is alot of people playing this game because it have the name star wars right ?

And those people actually care about looking a certain way, unlike some who put on gear they get and thats it.

Why am i even explaining this to you ....

So you came just to play a star wars game, even if it's terrible and not fun at all, so long as you're a part of anything Star Wars.

Isn't that just a tad bit sad? You basically don't care about the quality of the game. You just play for the brand and not the substance.

So you came just to play a star wars game, even if it's terrible and not fun at all, so long as you're a part of anything Star Wars.

Isn't that just a tad bit sad? You basically don't care about the quality of the game. You just play for the brand and not the substance.

This is you walking in on the forum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

ROFL can you plis stop posting :D you have got to be the most silly poster ever....

Dont you understand there is no such things as consulars marauders etc just game mecanics.

I mean come on..... you talk about armors like they mean anything in the star wars universe lols

It's a game with game mecanics. Get over yourself.Only reason troopers etc use armors etc is to shield against

enviroment etc they do nothing against blasters or saber for the most part.So troopers will not shoot others troopers.

And this is what you dont understand, jedi dont need armors what so ever.In fact only reason obi wan used trooper armor first seasongs of clonewars was because they said it was more easy to make the combat on their current computer systems,later they removed his clone armor as they got better making the visuals.

Roflmao, what did he just post in that picture. It's a real shame to see a guy from RP server who's not familiar with the characters and lore from the period.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Dev Post
You know that looks like this and this

We have asked forever and still nothing.Lots of jedi playing this game you know and many of us

actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.

And ive stated more than once that its very possible to play a jedi that doesnt have armoured robes, and yet that is totally ignored every time any of you guys answer my posts.

Also, you are wrong about why troopers wear armour. The armour does, in fact, help protect against blasters (and even sabers if its the right material. Like a bounty hunter with beskar'gam).

If you werent so snowed in on having ALL jedi wear only robes, you would know that.

You would also know that there are plenty of times in the EU where jedi have used armour other than the clone wars.

But i can see that most of you have your own "reality" in star wars that is based solely on your views of how a jedi "should be" and nothing else. Simply picking and choosing from what you like and dont like out of the canon.

Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.

I hope this means the Kotor 2 Jedi Master Robes and the other Kotor/Kotor 2 robe styles. Then again, I would be happy if a certain Jedi Master who was also a Sith Lord's set gets fixed soon. >_>

Edited by Magnusheart

And ive stated more than once that its very possible to play a jedi that doesnt have armoured robes, and yet that is totally ignored every time any of you guys answer my posts.

Also, you are wrong about why troopers wear armour. The armour does, in fact, help protect against blasters (and even sabers if its the right material. Like a bounty hunter with beskar'gam).

If you werent so snowed in on having ALL jedi wear only robes, you would know that.

You would also know that there are plenty of times in the EU where jedi have used armour other than the clone wars.

But i can see that most of you have your own "reality" in star wars that is based solely on your views of how a jedi "should be" and nothing else. Simply picking and choosing from what you like and dont like out of the canon.

Beskar just like kortosis is not canon in any way. Only reason we have vibroblades is because lucas wanted a weapon

for grevious bodyguards that would work against lightsabers, and vibroswords were the only viable option that were used alot in the EU.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Beskar just like kortosis is not canon in any way. Only reason we have vibroblades is because lucas wanted a weapon

for grevious bodyguards that would work against lightsabers, and vibroswords were the only viable option that were used alot in the EU.

Actually GL said relatively recently that nothing except a lightsaber can block a lightsaber. But then again he is a complete nutjob and keeps chaning things that he himelf has said previously. A perfect example of this would be that the IG-100 MagnaGuards had lightsaber resistant vibrostaffs (designed and approved by lucas) and then a few years later he just blurts out that "nothing can stop a lightsaber except another lightsaber" thus contradicting himself.

But thats beside the point.

You said trooper armour was nothing but enviromental protection and that is wrong. Even within the extremely strict "movies only" canon that you seem to adhere to.

And the whole point of this discussion is that you lot (yes, im gonna go that low) seem to think that jedi only ever fight in plain brown robes. And you base this off the fact that they do so in the movies and thus it must alway have been so and will always be so throughout the history of the galaxy.

Going by that tho, one could also say that a whole slew of alien races cannot be jedi simply because there were none in the movies.

This insistance that jedi should never ever wear armour is very strange, especially since they have in very high-level canon material like the clone wars.

Also, take a look at what is considered "canon" when it comes to star wars: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Beskar and cortosis is indeed canon... it is C-Canon.

Edited by OddballEasyEight