Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

There is never any solution that keeps everyone happy, but it looks as if every person on Master D is in favour of either a merge of all 3 servers or transfers to the PvE server. We will gladly give up the world PvP to have a high population.

I believe the best course of action is to merge all 3 (or just the PvE and PvP if the RP do not want it) and allow free transfers to this designated server from the US servers. This would allow everyone that's re-rolled on the Bastion and Harbinger to bring their characters back into their high level Legacy, and I believe this would bring most people back to the APAC scene.

I can't speak for people on the RP and PvE servers, but all I ever see in General Chat on Master D is people calling out for a server merge.

Edited by Chaoswielder

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to add that this isn't a free pass for people to get what they want. We are trying to solve the problem of a low APAC population. So if theres a merge;

-people requesting transfers should only be the people on a PVP server that can only transfer to another PVP server in US or EU

-PvE servers should not be allowed transfers because they should not have a problem staying on the APAC server because it looks like we will merge into a PvE server.

To be brutally honest I don't think there is a one fix fits all scenario.

Unfortunately you are going to have to disappoint one of the groups. whether it be the PVP group, the RP group or the PVE group.

I don't think offering transfers to american servers is the answer. That might have been the answer if a server merge was a waste of time but it won't be.

Essentially, the populations at peak are roughly as follows.

Master Dar'Nala - 100 on Fleet

Dalborra - 150-160 on fleet.

Gav Daragon 140-150 on fleet.

Merging all 3 servers would in effect give APAC a super server just like the the US and EU have. you could possibly create an icon for RP'ers so that when you join a group with them, you know they are RP'ers and will only talk to you in character, not as the person driving it. I don't have an issue with RP'ers so I would just get on with it. Also, you could have an option within group finder to not group up with RP'ers, so that you don't have to sit through the cut scenes if you don't want to.

I think the PVP'ers will just flag on if they want world PVP. I don't think they will be the issue when it comes to a server merge. I think the hardest people to satisfy will be the RP'ers because they play the game in a completely different manner.

But I think it can work. PVP, PVE, RP servers all merged into one? Would be the perfect tonic to repair the ailing servers we are currently experiencing. Yes we have had improved numbers but its still just short on what we really need.

So 3 server merger is my vote.

I'd also like to add that this isn't a free pass for people to get what they want. We are trying to solve the problem of a low APAC population. So if theres a merge;

-people requesting transfers should only be the people on a PVP server that can only transfer to another PVP server in US or EU

-PvE servers should not be allowed transfers because they should not have a problem staying on the APAC server because it looks like we will merge into a PvE server.

If they offer Transfers off the servers at the time of merge, which I already stated I think is a bad idea, they need to offer it to everyone, the few people that have been in opposition to a server merge, from the PVE server, have stated they don't wish to play with people from a PVP server as they believe we're the type of people to do anything to try and gank them. (Bias and a load of BS, but if you're offering transfers you need to do it for all.)

Edit: Again, just like to reinforce the fact that I think servers at the time of merge is a bad idea.

Edited by Antiskeptic

I know you guys all want to come to the PVE servers but I propose a better solution. I am on a PVE server that is very full and it is hard to play because of all the new ftp people. I (and I know others) would be open to transfering the the APAC servers to get some relief. In all honesty you don't want to have to wait in que to log in and that is what we are doing at least 3-4 nights per week. If the powers that be would open a free transfer for US to APAC to alleviate the strain I bet that would be a better solution for everyone. We have been complaining here for overpopulation and there are three servers that could be utilized better. Edited by beekerdragon
spelling

my vote goes for a merge of servers i think thats best for all i play on the pvp server and dont mind in the least going to a pve server for more player base. Please listen to your players and do whats best for all thanks just my opinion hopefully more will put there voice to what they would like to see done:)

What about letting PVP and Group finder Queues be merged across the APAC servers?

Alternatively I'd be happy with a merge of all 3 servers. PVP, which I love is getting really tough as half of the day there are no matches going, and then for 2 hours when I get home there is usually 1 match and if you happen to face a premade you lose every game in a row. Would be nice to face a wider variety of enemies.

Force all people from oceanic area on US servers back to oceanic servers and then region lock them

sorry, but there are some who play on US servers(west coast), due to lower lag and/or due to time of playing(see a guy on 2nd shift playing alone on aussie servers or on full us servers? which would you rather be?).

Edited by Roalmo

There is never any solution that keeps everyone happy, but it looks as if every person on Master D is in favour of either a merge of all 3 servers or transfers to the PvE server. We will gladly give up the world PvP to have a high population.

I believe the best course of action is to merge all 3 (or just the PvE and PvP if the RP do not want it) and allow free transfers to this designated server from the US servers. This would allow everyone that's re-rolled on the Bastion and Harbinger to bring their characters back into their high level Legacy, and I believe this would bring most people back to the APAC scene.

I can't speak for people on the RP and PvE servers, but all I ever see in General Chat on Master D is people calling out for a server merge.

Agree wholeheartedly to this. At this point many if not most of us pvp'ers on the master Darnala server wouldn't mind sacrificing world pvp just for a bigger population. I don't see many of us complaining if the APAC servers were to be merged into a PvE-RP super server.

Aweome, thanks for getting back to us. I play on Master D.

I think merging all 3 servers into one PvE server is the obvious and most popular option. It seems to be what I hear most on Master D. Everyone in my guild says they refuse to play on USA latency, myself included. Local servers has been a big pull with this game, so shutting down the servers seems crazy to me.

Now even on Master D I have seen an increase in activity lately.....ie, 60+ people in peak times, but that really still isnt many and I think people suffer who play in non-peak times so not doing anything probably is not a viable choice. I recently leveled an alt when f2p kicked in to see what it was like, and only got one Flashpoint pop through groupfinder while leveling to 50th.

So yeah, I reckon merge all 3......there is no world pvp happening on Master D anyway so its no big deal giving it up. One big super server would be exciting for all involved, including new players, which is what we want. Curious to see others thoughts.

Transfers over merger.

End of the day if you want to transfer to another Aussie server you can do it with a transfer where a merger forces you into a server.

For PvP I don't see a merged Aussie server being sustainable for more then a couple more months. At best there are only 2 50+ wz running on the PvE server so all the players on MDN that think a merger with the other 2 aussie servers is going to magically solve all there quing issues are kidding themselves.

Give us transfers so i can transfer to a healthey pop server like Bastion.

If you still want to transfer to one of the aussie servers then good luck to you but i am not going to be forced from one dead server to the next.

Agree wholeheartedly to this. At this point many if not most of us pvp'ers on the master Darnala server wouldn't mind sacrificing world pvp just for a bigger population. I don't see many of us complaining if the APAC servers were to be merged into a PvE-RP super server.

Agreed. World PvP is currently non-existent anyway.

Thank you for the reply on this issue Joveth.

I can't see how asking for more input on a near 200 page thread is going to help anything, it seems like a stall tactic to be honest.

I can see only one option, as no one likes to be forced to do anything.

Open up free transfers to and from APAC servers. When then first round of transfers to APAC opened up, it was mentioned another round would happen, it never did. So There may be people on US/Euro servers that still want to move here. I can't imagine there would be enough to hurt any populations there. Not to mention those that left for larger pop server that may want to move alts back.

To let anyone who is on the fence get a better idea of what the status of the servers will be at any given point, there should be a page showing how many accounts and characters are scheduled to transfer to all APAC servers.

There should be 2 chances to move. One to let all those who know where they want to go transfer, and 1 to let those who didn't move 1st round react to the changes to their server. It would also give a second chance to those outside of APAC to move here once they had a better idea of how the server pop would work out.

Then if APAC is left with one unified server for the most part a server merger could be done.

Edited by Evgen

Aweome, thanks for getting back to us. I play on Master D.

I think merging all 3 servers into one PvE server is the obvious and most popular option. It seems to be what I hear most on Master D. Everyone in my guild says they refuse to play on USA latency, myself included. Local servers has been a big pull with this game, so shutting down the servers seems crazy to me.

Now even on Master D I have seen an increase in activity lately.....ie, 60+ people in peak times, but that really still isnt many and I think people suffer who play in non-peak times so not doing anything probably is not a viable choice. I recently leveled an alt when f2p kicked in to see what it was like, and only got one Flashpoint pop through groupfinder while leveling to 50th.

So yeah, I reckon merge all 3......there is no world pvp happening on Master D anyway so its no big deal giving it up. One big super server would be exciting for all involved, including new players, which is what we want. Curious to see others thoughts.

Quoted for good post with everything I have to say written by not me. ;)

If they offer Transfers off the servers at the time of merge, which I already stated I think is a bad idea, they need to offer it to everyone, the few people that have been in opposition to a server merge, from the PVE server, have stated they don't wish to play with people from a PVP server as they believe we're the type of people to do anything to try and gank them. (Bias and a load of BS, but if you're offering transfers you need to do it for all.)

Edit: Again, just like to reinforce the fact that I think servers at the time of merge is a bad idea.

I'm only saying to offer transfers to people that are on a pvp server and want to stay on a pvp server because...

-They are being forced out of a playing option that they first registered for.

- the next thread similar to this will be ...'bioware give us pvp option!' You forced us out! Not fair! Ect.

I know you want to keep as many people as possible but this will only be for a max of 10% of our players and then there can be no complaints and everyone gets what they want. I'm 99% sure this little transfer will not affect the population APAC will have after merging.

I'm only saying to offer transfers to people that are on a pvp server and want to stay on a pvp server because...

-They are being forced out of a playing option that they first registered for.

- the next thread similar to this will be ...'bioware give us pvp option!' You forced us out! Not fair! Ect.

I know you want to keep as many people as possible but this will only be for a max of 10% of our players and then there can be no complaints and everyone gets what they want. I'm 99% sure this little transfer will not affect the population APAC will have after merging.

You will get a similar thread is my point. 'Bioware give us the option to get away from these pvpers they're all meaniepants and kill me' You forced me to play with them, not fair!

This is why it's hard for them tbh. You create a server that will have players from all server types, some people roll pve servers just to purely get away from pvpers.

Also they wont please everyone.

Edited by Antiskeptic

You will get a similar thread is my point. 'Bioware give us the option to get away from these pvpers they're all meaniepants and kill me' You forced me to play with them, not fair!

Lol ok I get you. So what are you saying to do?

Lol ok I get you. So what are you saying to do?

I say either you open up the transfer pvp - pvp, pve - pve, rp - rp. OR not at all.

Paid transfers are coming in 'soon' if you don't like it that much you can transfer out eventually.

Or if paid transfers aren't coming out soon enough, a month after the super server, open up the transfers as I stated above.

It's obvious what they gotta do,

There is no population stable enough to keep this game going for individual servers in oceanic, maybe the only viable one could be RP servers.

But MDN is just unable to support itself and hasn't been for a time now.

NOBODY cares about open world pvp, cause it just don't happen on this server.

We just want healthy Q's and the option to viably PVE end game with minimal hassles. Merging the server is the only way this is gonna happen for us.

This should be really *********** obvious for bioware, and this latest post is just another stall post while they do nothing imho.

I just want to provide a voice making it clear that I'd much prefer low pop servers with good ping rather than being merged onto the US west coast, if that's a consideration.

Merging all 3 APAC servers seems best though, there's no world pvp anyway. However, last night I was able to run the 2 HK-51 instances out of the blue just by using the group finder, without waiting for more than a few minutes, so the situation isn't entirely dire. I've also been getting the daily 2 warzones on multiple alts each day without a wait most of the time. A decent guild has also randomly recruited my character and are asking me to run with them regularly, so access to content isn't entirely abysmal right now. (seems to have improved since how it was just before f2p was released). Fleets seems to average about 60 to 80 people in busier times.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

i dont know if its already been said or not

but i believe the best option is to

- transfer master d immediatly to the pve server

- and give the option of transfers to the gav daragon

i could not name a single person on master d who wants to be there with the current population

while i know some of the rpers arnt really to faultered by population some will be happy with the options

the us servers will not work ive tried to reroll on the bastion the inconsistant ping i get makes this almost unbearable as a hardcore pvper as some advanced game play aspects are just impossible to pull off and fake gcd are so common i want to throw my keyboard out the window.

basically at this rate it is a choice between lose everyone slowly or lose a few people immeadiatly ( mostly rp ( whom im told dont actually rp anymore) ) and gain alot of old subs back

its a simple choice

you will make over 600 people happy on master d if you transfer us tomorrow.

please whatever you do keep up this communication wed rather be told no then wait for nothing.

Transfers. It's simple. Dont force people to go somewhere they dont want.

The people who have left MDN and tried the pvp on the basion generally wont come back to fight the same old (and relatively few) faces of MDN on a new server, and a bunch of new pve'rs.

Pick one destination server for Oceanic (more than likely pve) servers, and allow transfer from every other server you have to there. State that you will then be closing the other 2 servers in 6 weeks.

Then allow transfers from the 2 remaining Oceanic servers to there corresponding server on the west coast. (pvp to pvp, rp to rp etc).

If people want low ping and good population, they can have it. If people want higher level pvp with a worse ping, they cant have it.

That is how you will make everyone happy.

You guys already know what the options are, they have all been discussed to death in this and many other threads. I have no idea what is feasible for EA, I have no idea what the consolidated APAC numbers look like or how much money we produce as a demographic, however I can speculate that it may not be financially viable to look after us.

However as loyal customers who are currently experiencing a sub par gaming experience I think we deserve to be catered for,. The option of doing nothing is not an option, anyone who thinks it is should come play on Gav Daragon and then have a chat with me. Merging of the servers would certainly suit me and I suspect 85% of my server, very little actual RP takes place anyway and im sure the PVE guys wouldn't object to us being added to their server.

As for the PVP server, I can understand why they would not want to transfer, from my convo's with many of them open world PVP hardly ever happens and most of them would prefer to play on a populated server than on a dying one and would happily transfer. This would leave one large happy APAC community living harmoniously on the PVE server and I believe this is the only logical option.

That said I would not want to force anyone to play on a server type they are not comfortable with (however my feelings are that these ppl would be a very small minority), therefore it would make sense to open up transfers to three servers, an RP and PVP server on the West coast and the PVE server in APAC, those who wish to keep server type can move to the west coast and those who wish to stay in an APAC community can move to the PVE.

Moving to an american server is not an option for many of us due to the horrendous ping, which makes the game unplayable, so I urge you guys not to give up on the APAC community by shutting down the servers entirely, you will lose a lot of loyal fans and players. One APAC server I believe would have a healthy population and would likely encourage new and old players to play the game, we have an awesome all be it small community on

Gav Daragon and I would love to keep playing with all of them.

Archie

"The worlds worst Sniper"

Edited by IdrianDave