A quick fix for when GSF is the Weekly Event: Galactic Starfighter!

Otaktey

Why don't you change the requirement for this quest from 3 wins to 3 matches played? Or 4 matches played, a win counts as 2? It is grueling enough to find a time when GSF is actually popping, but when it does and you get in 3 weak groups in a row, now the you know you have to get in to at least three more matches before having a chance to get the Crystal. I think a lot of players give up at this point and decide to wait until next week to see if they can get a better draw on the weekly quest. Maybe if you make it so it is a set number of matches, you will get better response from players attempting to complete the quest, and give more opportunity for everyone to play this content and get the Crystal.

Two points to address here.

It is grueling enough to find a time when GSF is actually popping,

I don't know what server you're playing on, but Star Forge has plenty of GSF pops even at what is really late server time on a Monday night: https://i.imgur.com/NJ2nnLi.png

Are you just playing on a dead server or something?

Two!

Why don't you change the requirement for this quest from 3 wins to 3 matches played? Or 4 matches played, a win counts as 2?

Because then people who don't want to bother trying would queue and do nothing (or worse, actively throw) just to get the crystal. GSF's player base is bad enough without people doing that. Requiring wins means people have to actually try. You don't have to do every single crystal weekly, and there will be weeks where it's something you don't have a problem doing.

It's the same reason you're required to complete the flashpoints when it's the flashpoint weekly instead of just joining the queue. They want to incentivize active participation that requires working for it.

I get where you're coming from and it'd be nice, but GSF already has too many people who queue up with no intention of playing. No thanks.

It's the same reason you're required to complete the flashpoints when it's the flashpoint weekly instead of just joining the queue. They want to incentivize active participation that requires working for it.

The problem with this "having to win in group content" thing is that you could play a perfect game, you could give all you got, but you could still be on the losing team and get no credit whatsoever for your efforts (regarding this particular mission, at least).

I personally hate this (and similar) missions, simply because it's out of my hands. I refuse to do stuff which has the potential to me not getting the mission done because of someone else's fault.

The overall idea is faulty. I want the crystal for myself, so they should give me the chance to get them by myself. The solution could be similar to the PvP mission where you personally need to achieve 8 medals in one warzone. If they would offer something similar for the GSF weekly, I might do it. As long as there is a chance that I won't progress the mission, even though I tried 30 times, I won't waste my time on it.

The problem with this "having to win in group content" thing is that you could play a perfect game, you could give all you got, but you could still be on the losing team and get no credit whatsoever for your efforts (regarding this particular mission, at least).

I personally hate this (and similar) missions, simply because it's out of my hands. I refuse to do stuff which has the potential to me not getting the mission done because of someone else's fault.

The overall idea is faulty. I want the crystal for myself, so they should give me the chance to get them by myself. The solution could be similar to the PvP mission where you personally need to achieve 8 medals in one warzone. If they would offer something similar for the GSF weekly, I might do it. As long as there is a chance that I won't progress the mission, even though I tried 30 times, I won't waste my time on it.

I'd be okay with the GSF weekly requiring eight medals. But I also think most players would struggle with that. It's not that it's hard to get eight; in fact it's trivial if you know what you're doing. The key there, though, is "know what you're doing".

I don't know what it is about GSF as a game mode but people bash their heads against the wall with it without ever learning how the game works. And some of them adamantly insist that they don't need to know, either. It's baffling.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

I don't know what it is about GSF as a game mode but people bash their heads against the wall with it without ever learning how the game works. And some of them adamantly insist that they don't need to know, either. It's baffling.

The lack up a true tutorial (no, no one wants to load up the bare 'tutorial' and fly around in an empty space without directive, feedback or reward), the lack of requisition to try and diversify builds, needing to keep track of which toons went with what builds (because, you know, no legacy), being demolished by aces who will smile, refer you to their youtube tutorials, training nights (with nearly no incentive for the newb themself), topics breaking down the oh-so simple interactions within GSF that usually wind up looking like half a Harry Potter book, no PVE implementation to learn with while receiving rewards and the dailies/weeklies could get another look to encourage wanting to learn.

It can be a fun mode, when the skill ceiling is low enough for people to learn. But as of now, the issues are pretty clear and it's not just people wanting to get things with the bare amount of effort, so please, stop.

But as of now, the issues are pretty clear and it's not just people wanting to get things with the bare amount of effort, so please, stop.

Except you're clearly aware of all of the resources the community has made available to you - through our own time and effort. It's not even that hard to learn anymore. There might not be a PVE mode but there are dozens of videos you can watch showcasing how to play. There are plenty of guides. There's an entire Discord server (with around 600 people) who are there to talk about GSF. They are happy to answer questions. See my signature.

Thanks to the new guild challenge tool you can even set up custom games to play around in where there is zero pressure or stakes. You don't need to be in a guild or have a group larger than four people to do this either.

The resources are there. We try very very hard to ensure that it's easy to learn the game mode because Bioware didn't. And can't, at this point.

Don't pretend that it's a question of resources, because it's not.

I dont think the OP is just worried about the gearing, I think they want to improve participation in GSF.

OP suggested changing it to matches played though - people will just queue and idle the whole time to get the matches played for the crystal. That doesn't really improve participation, OP may get more pops, but lower quality pops of just there for the crystal idlers.

Edited by michaelcshow