I was told my gear sucks and I would agree

Darkyurine

So, I was questing with these fine fellows ( or maybe ladies, lets not be sex-est) and they said to get new gear because the gear I had was poor. I would definitely agree. I purchased my armor on the Cartel and did very little to upgrade it because I am cheap. I have 1.5 million credits in the bank. What armor rating should I be? I am a lvl 46 Sith Assassin. My current specs are: strength 100, Presence 215, endurance 764, willpower 743. My health is 9805 and my armor rating is 3474. I just want a comparison to benchmark what I should be. Also should I save my hard earned credits for lvl 50 or should I go shopping now?:p

If you're still able to quest without upgrading your gear, I would suggest you tough it out until you reach 50, get your free Tionese gear and you'll be fine.

With the 200% xp weekend, you should be able to make good progress toward 50.

Edit: 1.5 million is nothing to shake a stick at. If you can get away with saving it, that would be good.

Edited by Khevar

When you're questing, always take the planetary commendation when it's offered, and use that for mods for your gear. The mods should be the level that you are, or near it. (They will say when you view the gear).