I'm a Sith Inquisitor and want to quest on hutta. Is it possible?

Dubaco

Hello guys!

I'm a Sith Inquisitor and went to Hutta to find the datacrons. While I was there, I tried to do the heroic quests, but the npc would not talk to me. Is it possible to do this?

I thought the quests that weren't class related were available for everyone...

I don't think you can.

I tried the same thing with my Smug on Tython and there was nothing.

Level shouldn't matter because I'm pretty sure no quest in the game is level locked. I did a class I had missed on DK when I was 35.

But I think all the non-class quests on the starter planets have a class-quest prerequisite--meaning they don't necessarily open as you level up.

You can't go to the other starter planet and do the quests there. You can visit it, but no NPC will give you a quest. They changed this in beta.

The only reasons to visit the other starter planet are to explore it (Codex entries, lore objects, and exploration experience) and to get the three datacrons (there are three datacrons on each starter planet).

Is there a specific reason why they did it? It would be cooler if we could do the quests on other starter planets...

The game is very linear as is. The only reason I can think of is because this game is all about the eight unique class stories. I guess it wouldn't make sense for a Sith Inquisitor from Korriban to do the story missions of the Bounty Hunter on Hutta. And since leveling from 1 to 10 is completely doable on your own starter planet, they must have felt it wasn't necessary to give players access to the other starter world's non-class story quest lines.

It's kind of silly that you cannot. I can understand class quests being faction specific but the other quests? That said, welcome to the wonderful world of thempark MMO's where your choices do not matter, only the rails you follow.

Don't you crave sandbox now? You betcha...

You can't go to the other starter planet and do the quests there. You can visit it, but no NPC will give you a quest. They changed this in beta.

The only reasons to visit the other starter planet are to explore it (Codex entries, lore objects, and exploration experience) and to get the three datacrons (there are three datacrons on each starter planet).

There are actually quests that take you to the starter planet that you didn't start on, but you cant take any of the starter quests.

Edited by Owsley