Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why you shouldn't like Game Update 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why you shouldn't like Game Update 6.0

Floplag
08.16.2019 , 09:21 AM | #21
FFS can we let it come out yet or at least get the full picture before we start crying the sky is falling?
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Kraysk
08.16.2019 , 09:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jxjxjx View Post
Not to be a buzzkill, but update 6.0 is going to be the biggest grind fest ever introduced in SWTOR. .
Exactly. Yet again BW is going to fix what is not broken.

WE already have one of the easiest and best gearing systems in all MMOs, why would they replace it with yet another useless boring grindfest?
Do they actually believe that grind keeps people interested? No, it doesn't.
For example, how should one get NiM gear if no group will invite member dressed in 252 when 306 is required? There will be simply no way for casual raiders who are not able or do not want to grind MM Hammer Station 20 hours per day to get somehow decent set with acceptable bonus anytime soon.
From the state of gearing system on PTS i can only assume that 6.0 will finally kill the game. The last endgame players will leave, final server merge as soon as december, and eventually final death of this game somewhere early next year.
Maybe that's what guys at BW really want, i dunno.
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin

Rion_Starkiller
08.16.2019 , 09:29 AM | #23
I'm happy with complex gearing. I like micromanaging and customizing my toons. In effect, 6.0 will be like Space Barbie for min/maxers and micromanagers.

My only fear is that they don't add enough new content. We shall see.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Equeliber
08.16.2019 , 09:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
For example, how should one get NiM gear if no group will invite member dressed in 252 when 306 is required? There will be simply no way for casual raiders who are not able or do not want to grind MM Hammer Station 20 hours per day to get somehow decent set with acceptable bonus anytime soon.
From the state of gearing system on PTS i can only assume that 6.0 will finally kill the game. The last endgame players will leave, final server merge as soon as december, and eventually final death of this game somewhere early next year.
Maybe that's what guys at BW really want, i dunno.
This is the dumbest example you could have possibly selected.

Just think about what you said. Every single person will start gearing anew. NOONE will have 306 gear. Why would people who have 252/258 themselves not invite you if you also have 252+ gear? If you are just bad, then yeah, they won't. Having 306 gear wouldn't help you in that case, though.

These people who "won't invite" you are going to do all the same things that are available to you. What's the problem?

Also, if you are a casual raider, why do you expect to clear Nim ops? Have you done them before? If yes, then I do not understand what is your issue. Judging by what you said though, you have never even tried it. Why are you complaining about the content that you are not playing?

For the content you play, entry level gear you will get from random sources is enough. Same as right now, having anything over 236 is not needed for players like you. Get some basic gear and you can clear like 80% of the content in the game.

P.S. There is no new gearing system on PTS. What are you even talking about? They haven't finalized anything from the new gearing system. Overreacting much?

Are you really this dense or are you a troll?

Kraysk
08.16.2019 , 09:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
TLDR
This is one of the dumbest and moxt toxic post i've read in ~20 years on the internets.
If one starts 24/7 grinding right after the release - yep, maybe, MAYBE he/she will be able to be on the minimum IR required by community. On ONE character. This is ridiculous bc for yet another example GM of the guild i'm currently in is able to run NiM on her 14 toons. Will she be able to so in 6.0? I'm afraid the answer is NO. I do HM runs on 9 characters. Will i be able to do so in 6.0? The answer is NO.
It will take YEARS to get proper gear for all the alts people have.
Stop pretending you know anything about how & what people play.

Rion_Starkiller
08.16.2019 , 10:06 AM | #26
This is one of the dumbest and moxt toxic post i've read in ~20 years on the internets.
If one starts 24/7 grinding right after the release - yep, maybe, MAYBE he/she will be able to be on the minimum IR required by community. On ONE character. This is ridiculous bc for yet another example GM of the guild i'm currently in is able to run NiM on her 14 toons. Will she be able to so in 6.0? I'm afraid the answer is NO. I do HM runs on 9 characters. Will i be able to do so in 6.0? The answer is NO.

You don't even know how difficult it will be to obtain gear in 6.0. You make a lot of assumptions. Also, they are moving the set bonuses to the SHELL of the armor, so you can easily move around armorings, mods, and enhancements. Supposedly, the left side (ear, implants, relics) will also be legacy bound, so you can move them around too.

This is definitely a 1 star thread, unless this is a troll thread, in which case 5 out of 5 stars.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

JediQuaker
08.16.2019 , 10:09 AM | #27
Oh, bunk. People said the same thing about 252/258 gear. It only took me about 2 months** to get full 252 on 2 characters. (And I didn't even bother to do the various Heroics, etc, to get the 258 gear - but I'm sure I could have. All I did do was the weekly on Ossus and converting UCs)
Other than the very hardest NiM content and PvP do you really "need" the very best gear. You can easily do most content with less-than-optimal gear - yes it may be harder and take longer, but, so what? Whats your freakin' hurry?

**You may be thinking that 2 months is a "grind fest", but I'm here to play the whole game, not just rush through to the "end game". It's like considering all those games of baseball you have to play to get to the world series as a "grind".

SWTOR is supposed to be an RPG. The point of the game is the story and the journey, not the endgame. If endgame is all you care about why not just play Star Wars: Battlefront, or Call of Duty, and skip all that RPG stuff.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

KendraP
08.16.2019 , 11:07 AM | #28
My one true pet peeve/mental stubborn point so far is on these amplifiers. Either they're so small as to be insignificant, making min/maxing them impossible and irrelevant, or they are significant and should be included because min/maxing them will substantively affect dps done.

There is no middle ground. Either they shouldnt exist because they're insignificant and impossible to min/max; or they are significant and should be included in balance targets. If I am missing a conceptual middle ground, let me know.

That said, I'm resevering final judgment until we actually see everything together as it will function live. I did for ossus too despite screaming about how stupid ossus gearing was on this forum, and gave up after the 3rd failed attempt at getting my 252 saber. Yes I have it now, after 5 attempts that should have been successful, but it truly broke something in my mind on this ossus gearing nonsense.

Dev reference on the amplifiers: https://www.swtor.com/community/show...52#edit9735252

Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

Question - "If amplifiers won't be included in balance targets, will that make progression of the new operation too easy? Will top teams just agree not to use them? Or will the stat increase be too small to make a difference?

Also, interesting to know that Eric has been on the SWTOR team for 40320 years. Looking good for his age."

Answer -
Spoiler

Batwer
08.16.2019 , 12:13 PM | #29
Wait .....you can still cry later.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Jdast
08.16.2019 , 01:08 PM | #30
At risk of piling on and forgive me for being mercilessly blunt:

You should stop pretending you know the drop location and drop rate algorithms for an expansion and content...

THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED.

<<It's noon on the West Coast so I can (finally) have a martini. It is Friday after all. This one is medicinal. I agree with Rion that this a 1 star post or a 5 star troll.>>

Dasty