Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6.0 Character transfer special

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
6.0 Character transfer special

fushnchips
08.12.2019 , 09:36 PM | #1
I heard or read Eric Musco did mention of some sort of deal so I'm wondering the prices for the discounted rate I want to get a lot of toons of SF and move some to EU from SS.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

DarthCasus
08.12.2019 , 11:45 PM | #2
Yeah, I'm waiting for what this sale on character slots is going to be. I have little do play for as of now besides the last 95 GC ranks on my Sage to finish it all off and I'm fresh out of slots
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

JediQuaker
08.13.2019 , 10:49 AM | #3
It might be nice if they had a "transfer" sale, but I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be associated with the release of 6.0 - unlike a server merger, there's no particular reason for people in general to want to transfer to a different server because of 6.0.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Zerileth
08.13.2019 , 11:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It might be nice if they had a "transfer" sale, but I don't see any reason why it would necessarily be associated with the release of 6.0 - unlike a server merger, there's no particular reason for people in general to want to transfer to a different server because of 6.0.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Not that this thread was specifically asking, but I did want to let you know that there is a plan to have a sale on some character stuff like renames and probably also transfers when we get closer to launch. It is still a bit away and I don't have exact timing, but we will be sure to give you some notice (a week or so) before it goes live.

Thanks!

-eric
They might want to get all their alts on one server if Bioware drops it to 90cc again, in anticipation of 6.0. Much cheaper than $10 a character now. It's simply related to 6.0 because Eric related it to 6.0 above. Maybe there's a guild on a certain server they want to consolidate alts to for 6.0. Free name changes.... etc.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

fushnchips
08.13.2019 , 12:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
speak for your self I know lots of people that want to send toons away from servers because the server is complete garbage.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

SteveTheCynic
08.13.2019 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
speak for your self I know lots of people that want to send toons away from servers because the server is complete garbage.
Perhaps, but that's a general thing, and not at all linked to 6.0.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

CaptRogue
08.13.2019 , 01:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
That's bull. The servers are NOT garbage. It's the vocal player minority that you're referring too.
There is plenty of players on each server that are nice, quiet, drama free & don't say much, just play the game.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

KoriVash
08.14.2019 , 05:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
That's bull. The servers are NOT garbage. It's the vocal player minority that you're referring too.
There is plenty of players on each server that are nice, quiet, drama free & don't say much, just play the game.
Agreed, all servers have toxic players, all servers have good, helpful players on. I personally think that SS is by far the worst though as I play on all of them. To a degree that it's worth transferring of because of a few toxic players? bad yes, that bad not by a long shot.

Then again I don't speak French or German so if gen chat was full of toxic players I wouldn't know on there servers. SS out of the English specking servers would be more accurate for toxic players.

Personally I hope there is no sale on transfers all that will lead to is less servers in the long run. So players saying they want to move because there server has a few toxic players on won't help them, when that now low population server is removed and they join the one everyone moved to. |Plus anyone who has a lot of character will lose out yet again long term as they did last time.

CaptRogue
08.14.2019 , 06:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
Agreed, all servers have toxic players, all servers have good, helpful players on. I personally think that SS is by far the worst though as I play on all of them. To a degree that it's worth transferring of because of a few toxic players? bad yes, that bad not by a long shot.

Personally I hope there is no sale on transfers all that will lead to is less servers in the long run. So players saying they want to move because there server has a few toxic players on won't help them, when that now low population server is removed and they join the one everyone moved to. |Plus anyone who has a lot of character will lose out yet again long term as they did last time.
^True!

You bring up a very good point also. IF they do a server transfer, a LOT of the toxic players will mass move their players over to SF. Which in turn then makes SF more toxic, and while I'm not an RPer, that does not bode well for them as they already have trouble with trolls & harassment.
I vote no on the server transfer sale for sure, for that reason alone. (Besides it's already heading that way as a lot of the more toxic ones transferred to SF for ranked last season.)

No server will be safe from toxicity unless a game decides to put in serious game monitors & really bans the repeat trouble makers.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 09:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
I think it comes down to the content you play. If you are a pvper, there are some server that are better than others and some have turned to garbage.
I know SF reg pvp is now total garbage. Wether all the other servers are the same, I don’t know, I have heard that DM is better.