Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

6.0 Character transfer special

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
6.0 Character transfer special

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.14.2019 , 09:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
^True!

You bring up a very good point also. IF they do a server transfer, a LOT of the toxic players will mass move their players over to SF. Which in turn then makes SF more toxic, and while I'm not an RPer, that does not bode well for them as they already have trouble with trolls & harassment.
I vote no on the server transfer sale for sure, for that reason alone. (Besides it's already heading that way as a lot of the more toxic ones transferred to SF for ranked last season.)

No server will be safe from toxicity unless a game decides to put in serious game monitors & really bans the repeat trouble makers.
Yes and No.

There will be mass moves around and yes the toxic players will be amongst them. But most of those toxic players are already on SF now. They just rerolled alts or paid 1000 CC’s. You only need to look at gen chat or play pvp to see them. It’s why I have gen chat now permanently turned off.
If you go to SS, you’ll see no difference between the servers, if anything, SS is more quiet since a bunch of them have left it and there are definitely less people now on SS than on SF.

I think the pvp transfers you will see the most of, will be serious pvpers moving from SF to DM. Only us poor APAC saps or west coast pvpers with too much lag will stay on the US servers. There are also less people playing from the west coast and APAC.

I honsrlty don’t think you will notice any difference in toxicity on SF from the sale. The only thing you will notice is more retuning people due to the expansion and some transfers. There will of course be toxic people who also come back to the game and that may increase the toxicity across all the servers.
The sale is happening. It’s not an if. Musco has already said it will be happening.so nothing we say here matters.

I also think that SS will end up being the quieter server.

I do agree that Bioware need to do something about policing the toxicity in the game.

Delani's Avatar


Delani
08.17.2019 , 07:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yes and No.

There will be mass moves around and yes the toxic players will be amongst them. But most of those toxic players are already on SF now. They just rerolled alts or paid 1000 CC’s. You only need to look at gen chat or play pvp to see them. It’s why I have gen chat now permanently turned off.
If you go to SS, you’ll see no difference between the servers, if anything, SS is more quiet since a bunch of them have left it and there are definitely less people now on SS than on SF.

I think the pvp transfers you will see the most of, will be serious pvpers moving from SF to DM. Only us poor APAC saps or west coast pvpers with too much lag will stay on the US servers. There are also less people playing from the west coast and APAC.

I honsrlty don’t think you will notice any difference in toxicity on SF from the sale. The only thing you will notice is more retuning people due to the expansion and some transfers. There will of course be toxic people who also come back to the game and that may increase the toxicity across all the servers.
The sale is happening. It’s not an if. Musco has already said it will be happening.so nothing we say here matters.

I also think that SS will end up being the quieter server.

I do agree that Bioware need to do something about policing the toxicity in the game.
I always thought the serious pvpers would move to SS instead of DM if they are from NA because of latency but I may be wrong.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
08.17.2019 , 07:48 PM | #13
Here's hoping for a transfer special! Hoping to update the other server with all the legacy unlocks from those cool specials we had a couple of months ago.

Plus, I've never played on SS, so should be fun checking it out.

Hopefully my guild doesn't disappear, though.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
08.18.2019 , 11:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Plus, I've never played on SS, so should be fun checking it out.
You could simply make a new character on SS if you just want to check it out.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
08.18.2019 , 01:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post

Hopefully my guild doesn't disappear, though.
Just do not transfer the GM toon that holds the guild & your guild will be fine, if you're the GM.

If you're referring to people transferring out, not all will.
In fact in the past week, for the first time really, my small pub guild has seen an increase in members. Quite a few returning players. So SS isn't as dead as people want to make it.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
08.27.2019 , 11:35 AM | #16
If there is a transfer sale and you want to support this game I would highly recommend moving some alts (and maintaining said alts) to Satele Shan - particularly if you are on Star Forge, whose population numbers are inflated due to RP.

Having played on Satele Shan for the past summer thru the month-long double event I have found that a case could be made that server's population is almost equal to Star Forge's if the strictly RP element was excluded.

As a Florida resident who plays during East Coast USA's late night, early morning hours - I've found that there is enough of a APAC presence (who are 12 hours ahead of us) to have frequent queues for 8v8 pvp matches, Flash Points, and even Story Mode Operations.

Satele Shan is more casual with just enough toxicity to be interesting.

Support the game.
Support Satele Shan.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
08.27.2019 , 02:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
If there is a transfer sale and you want to support this game I would highly recommend moving some alts (and maintaining said alts) to Satele Shan - particularly if you are on Star Forge, whose population numbers are inflated due to RP.

Having played on Satele Shan for the past summer thru the month-long double event I have found that a case could be made that server's population is almost equal to Star Forge's if the strictly RP element was excluded.

As a Florida resident who plays during East Coast USA's late night, early morning hours - I've found that there is enough of a APAC presence (who are 12 hours ahead of us) to have frequent queues for 8v8 pvp matches, Flash Points, and even Story Mode Operations.

Satele Shan is more casual with just enough toxicity to be interesting.

Support the game.
Support Satele Shan.
I found the opposite. Was playing on SF for most of the summer and surprised how easily the pops came for pvp and FPs. Granted, that was during 2xp, but it was still a significant change from SS. I don't notice any particular toxicity on either server - if you don't like toxic players, stay away from fleet and capital worlds on all servers - but given a sale I would definitely move several chars from SS to SF.

SS, despite its problems, is still my home server and i have a lot of stuff unlocked there, but not so many server slots. I'd like to make some room and dump some chars I don't play anymore on to SF.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.