Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds Need Some Serious Dev Attention

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Strongholds Need Some Serious Dev Attention

Damask_Rose
08.11.2019 , 06:30 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Umm... OK that was what I sort of figured !

Let me ask a couple of questions for clarification:
1. Does the gold key holder need to be a part of the guild ?
2. Would this person who is being requested to do the decorating need to be connected to said guild.

I'm not being argumentative... just asking. It might very well be that the gold key is enough. On the other hand if the gold key is currently limited to a guild member... it might be easier to copy and paste the abilities of the gold key recipient into a "new key" for one person per guild or one person per SH to be allowed to have said "new key" for the expressed purpose of decorating.

That said... I'm good with whatever is decided... change it or not. I'm just throwing out a suggestion. If this is not something to mess with ... that's cool. I'm not going thermal on ya !

Regardless of how it's carried out I suppose that if you need someone for that role ... then I completely understand. The entire SH concept is one that a lot of players do take seriously. Nothing wrong with that at all.
This is the way guild gold keys currently work: The leader of the guild can assign gold keys to guild members (I'm not sure how many.) The recipient of the gold key can decorate the guild stronghold and flagship. For example, when I asked Lunafox to decorate TorFashion's stronghold, I invited her into the guild and Exile gave her a gold key. The results are spectacular and far more creative than if I had decorated the stronghold. I just want the same functionality on an account level that a dead guild has.

RameiArashi
08.17.2019 , 09:16 PM | #62
My problem with strongholds s the limits on decorations. Even with all expansions unlocked every time I want to add a decoration I get the at limit notice. So my strongholds are mostly empty.

Xina_LA
08.19.2019 , 08:51 AM | #63
I have that problem in some strongholds. Others, like Manaan, were a royal pain to get up to 100%.

I really wish they'd get rid of the Percent complete measurement on the Kiosks, allowing people to sort instead by Stronghold name, Prestige (assuming they fix that!), and maybe most recently visited.

If they want to sort by percentage, maybe it should be percentage unlocked, not decorated.

I would like it if the Coruscant, DK, and Yavin 4 strongholds had a slightly higher hook limit, but most of all the Guild Flagships need a higher base limit.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Sarova
08.19.2019 , 09:08 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I have that problem in some strongholds. Others, like Manaan, were a royal pain to get up to 100%.
This^ to add to the problems I already mentioned about Manaan. To get mine to 100%, I'd have to add random (and ugly) basic decorations as due to the limits on many more suitable decorations and the poor choice/placing of hooks that are left for me to use. I'm considering picking up the whole of my Manaan SH and forgetting about it.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

DarkTergon
08.19.2019 , 02:58 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
This^ to add to the problems I already mentioned about Manaan. To get mine to 100%, I'd have to add random (and ugly) basic decorations as due to the limits on many more suitable decorations and the poor choice/placing of hooks that are left for me to use. I'm considering picking up the whole of my Manaan SH and forgetting about it.
you can always put small decorations under larger ones, where they cannot be seen, to push it towards 100%
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Banthabreeder
08.20.2019 , 01:22 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
you can always put small decorations under larger ones, where they cannot be seen, to push it towards 100%
Now THAT is a GREAT idea! Wish I had thought of that when Mannan got an increase of hooks. Mine was perfectly fine, maybe already a bit full, but it was at 100% and I was glad it was done. Then, they increased the hook count and I think It dropped down to 88%. Took me forever to get it back up to 100% and now when I look at it, it feels like a hoarders paradise. It looks so overcrowded now. I really wish I thought about hiding deco's in larger ones. Would have saved me a bunch of time.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Xina_LA
08.20.2019 , 07:27 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I did that. Every pet in my collection is hiding inside a wall or furniture on Manaan.
That was a serious pain and made decorating far less enjoyable.
I would have been fine if they had added more Flooring (rug) hooks, more hooks in the underwater spaces, and so forth. That way I could have added visible decorations without looking cluttered.

casirabit
08.20.2019 , 08:27 AM | #68
I still say do away with the hooks and allow free reign decorations like we had on SWG. The decorating there was outstanding without the limitations we have now. I have always believed that when they added the hooks for decorating they made a mistake.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Xina_LA
08.20.2019 , 12:33 PM | #69
I understand why many games use the hook system. It prevents a lot of problems.

While I would prefer a hook-free system, if we have to keep the hooks, could they at least increase the movement beyond the +/-20 limit? If that's just too hard, could they add more hook options to the existing decorations? Just... something.

TonyTricicolo
08.20.2019 , 12:46 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I still say do away with the hooks and allow free reign decorations like we had on SWG. The decorating there was outstanding without the limitations we have now. I have always believed that when they added the hooks for decorating they made a mistake.
As much as I love SWG's approach to player housing and force shui, Swtor's servers would explode when trying to generate all those items in a stronghold.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G