Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Ailie

Gav Daragon is pleased to welcome any new players to our community, particularly those keen on joining us for RP

What we're not keen to welcome are the abundance of small minded morons who have rolled on Gav Daragon who seem to despise RP.

Why would you roll on this server if you can't stand RPers?! Do you think it's fun to abuse us and get ignored by the majority of the server?!

Do yourselves and us a favour and just take your small minded attitude to Dalborra where you're more likely to fit in

Thank you

Edited by Ailie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find the exact same problem on most games with RP servers. Until the companies actually enforce the RP rules, which you will never see this company do, then it's what you will have to deal with. RP with people that like to RP, ignore the rest.

I feel sorry for you, seriously. That would tick me off big time. I havent really encountered that on Progenitor. In fact i would say i have encountered the opposite. A lot of the new blood seems to want to get involved, even if they arent really all that skilled in roleplay. But they seem genuine. I'm not saying there are not those that disrupt things, but, from my experience, they are few and far between. Hope things pick up for you. :)

And this is going to be exactly the reason as to why merging the APAC servers isn't going to work out. As there will most definitely be RP'ers who do not welcome non-RP'ers as this thread once more makes abundantly clear.

Not sure why the OP bothered making this psost. there are always trolls who come onto RP servers to well.. troll RPers. fact of life. best to just ignore em. Honestly I kinda feel bad for the people on GD. this guy's ill advised post as proably just effectivly advertised open season on the roleplayers there.

You should see some of the character names on The Progenitor - Role Playing was certainly not what bought people to this server.

And as if character names wasn't bad enough......

.....when there were loads of servers I actually abandoned 2 previous servers with characters on to restart on The Progenitor.

I found that the RP server seemed to have a better community. There was no ninja looting going on, no kill trading in PvP and overall it was as if the whole server was move "civilised".

Maybe it was too good to be true, but it's changed. They may as well remove the RP tag from this server and turn it into a general PvE.

The Progenitor is a special case because for a while it was actually the most active EU server, even more active than Red Eclipse, according to torstatus. The server still is nearly as active as Red Eclipse to this day.

This pulled people in who just wanted to be on the biggest server, and not just for the RP.

Still, really, you can be upset with a handful of fools with silly names or who choose to be trolls from time to time, but the only person that hurts is yourself. Trolls will always exist, as will stupid names. No amount of policing it will change that fact in the long run.

Also, posts like this really help in putting the idea out there that most RPers are a bunch of elitist *****s. So thanks for that :rolleyes:

Look I made this post when I was pretty pissed off, so if it come across the wrong way I apologise.

But when you're running a server wide RP session on a planet with 35 people and nearly half end up on your ignore list because they've flamed or abused you for doing what you enjoy, it tends to upset you and question why these people even bother to play on a role playing server in the first place.

And no, we do not discriminate against non-rpers. Far from it. But what we do ask is to be respected for what we do. We don't run around abusing pvpers for wanting to queue for warzones instead of RP, all we ask is the same is not done in reverse. We would ask that people don't decide to walk into the middle of our group and emote that they're rubbing the monkey in front of us. I really don't see how this makes us elitest or disrespectful of other players. :confused:

Ultimately, this is why RP servers exist in the first place, so a lot of this drama is avoided by grouping like minded people together. And yes, it is why a lot of RPers don't want the APAC servers to merge. Why would we want to be mixed in with even more potential morons when we already have enough on our own designated server?

Edited by Ailie

You have to understand that there be a lot more trolls than we think there be. And they simply like to flock and ruin any nice thing ... and its hard to discourage them since you can`t kill them all day long... so ... unless Bioware actively gets involved...

Unfortunately The Progenitor has also been inflicted with the same disease. Arrogant trolls and morons who seem loathe to ruin the experience for everyone.

Im not really into RP but I chose an RP server becuase people tend to be nicer and the community more fun. I was also open to the idea occasionally participating in some small time RP and discussing my character's storyline, background etc.

The problem is the army of people who join an RP server without a care for what it is or the community standards already established over time (such as using English in General!)

My character John'Lolington isn't welcome on Gav Daragon? What about Jane'Roflcopter?

Ailie stop trying to make Gav your own personal little server.... I would stop calling everyone "wankers" and "morons" as well. Only because it looks hypocritical coming from a moronic **** er.

Edited by MyPetMonkey

Most people on RP servers aren't RPers. But if you ask them why they're on an RP server, they'll claim they are there for the more "mature" community.

Usually they have names like xx*****Ma$tA69xx and they've been helping turn /1 into Barrens Chat for the last twenty minutes, but that doesn't mean they aren't mature!

Edited by sharpenedstick

My character John'Lolington isn't welcome on Gav Daragon? What about Jane'Roflcopter?

Ailie stop trying to make Gav your own personal little server.... I would stop calling everyone "wankers" and "morons" as well. Only because it looks hypocritical coming from a moronic **** er.

Ailie was hardly calling everyone morons, just the trolls who don't respect rp on an rp server. Ailie has a point actually, I don't rp per se but I do play on an rp server. I like the community more on rp servers, and even though I don't rp, I do respect the nature of the server. Your names listed are perfectly fine on other servers, but it defeats the point of an rp server to use names like that.

While the trolls don't bother me to much, I can see why abusive behavior would bother the rp people.

Edited by Admiral_Petty

Ailie was hardly calling everyone morons, just the trolls who don't respect rp on an rp server. Ailie has a point actually, I don't rp per se but I do play on an rp server. I like the community more on rp servers, and even though I don't rp, I do respect the nature of the server. Your names listed are perfectly fine on other servers, but it defeats the point of an rp server to use names like that.

While the trolls don't bother me to much, I can see why abusive behavior would bother the rp people.

This is pretty much it, sorry Mr Lol'ington but you pretty much dug yourself your own hole there.

It's just about general respect for the purpose of the server, as well as just people in general. I actually never used to be an RPer until this game, I preferred it to many PvE communities because it was more mature. But now I'm a convert and will do what I can to defend their right to play in peace on a server that is DESIGNED for their style of game play.

All I'm saying is, if you can't respect that, roll somewhere else.

This is pretty much it, sorry Mr Lol'ington but you pretty much dug yourself your own hole there.

It's just about general respect for the purpose of the server, as well as just people in general. I actually never used to be an RPer until this game, I preferred it to many PvE communities because it was more mature. But now I'm a convert and will do what I can to defend their right to play in peace on a server that is DESIGNED for their style of game play.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5787463&postcount=2379

I mean no disrespect, but you should know better than this.

You should know that no person over the internet is decent, without the fear of reprisal. Be it a banhammer, or player gank, or name and shame, or whatever. The more you press this issue, the more it will convince certain individuals to go there just to spite you.

I don`t condone such behaviour, but you should know better than to give them "juicy tears". Just report them and be done with it.

Bottom line is nobody respects anything but a loaded gun aimed to their head...and some not even that :)

The more you drag this, the more you`ll hurt your own server, actually, by convincing players like Lolington to come and crash your party. And you almost deserve it...

Edited by Styxx

never really understood what are the advantages of a role playing server. So everybody is supposed to be more mature, have some better names and impose themselves a set of personal roleplaying rules?

the only advantage really is that if you are a roleplayer and looking for other people to role play with? role playing servers are supposed to be a designated location for like minded people to meet and role play together. its pretty similar to joining a science ficiton book club, because you enjoy science fiction and want to discuss it with other people who also enjoy science fiction. regular book club could have too many varying tastes including "you can pick anything but sci-fi as book of the month" and I'm quoting an organizer of a club that I joined and left the same day.

so to bring it back to role playing servers - majority come there looking for rp. some join because rp servers seem to have the reputation for maturity. that probably stems from the fact that role players tend to respect other role players space and that extends to everything else.

you don't need to role play actively to play on a role playing server. but you ARE expected to respect other people who do. so its very frustrating when people join specifically to troll. sadly, its also unavoidable because well.. humans. we range from nice to awful. but even understanding that you cannot always stop it, doesn't stop you from being frustrated when something you were having fun with, was ruined. like a spiteful child, stomping all over your sand castle that you've been building for hours.

never really understood what are the advantages of a role playing server. So everybody is supposed to be more mature, have some better names and impose themselves a set of personal roleplaying rules?

No, no and no. If you want to roleplay, fair enough, the guildmaster of a particular group might impose certain rules. But mostly they are IC. Otherwise, the only rules are common courtesy. As has been stated, names are really not upheld on RP servers. Fine, i may not want to have to refer to someone as (insert silly name here) IC, as it breaks immersion. But if you are just a casual gamer, then i can understand. As for maturity, well, i would have thought that was a given for any server. But there is no problem releasing your inner child now and again. It is just the difference between letting your hair down and trolling, for some people, is the same.

I know people who play on RP servers because they just want to play the game storylines. In short, no one is forced to do anything other than show a little respect to those who DO want to roleplay.

I am heavy role player but I never roll on RP servers because it breaks my immersion. They are always full of people spouting off their back stories and trying to ignore game mechanics instead of incorporating them into the experience. If someone is trolling it being an ******e they are role playing an ******e. The real world has ******e so it would be weird to have a fictional world without them.

Funky names? It's science fiction who doesn't have a funky name? Even funky names in a fantasy setting can make sense if you use your inagination. I generally find the people who call themselves RO to be the worst role players, completely obsessed with some obscure internal story they are trying to play out. The developers are the dungeon masters and mechanics of the game is the design if the world and if your character doesn't fit in the world then your failing as a role player.