Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also tossing my hat in. I'd like to change my surname. I picked the one i have now because it sounded great with my smuggler's name, but I've shelved him. The one I'd like to have now would go great with the three characters I primarily play now. I know I should have thought of this way ahead of time, and it's my own doing, but why can't we at least pay for a new surname change within they legacy system? Edited by Tiralyon

It seems the OP issue is more with surnames than legacy names.

As suggested by others, I would strongly support a proposal to break the tie between surname and legacy name, allow each character have their own independent (but not necessarily unique) surname, and even for players to be able to change their surname at any time they see fit (for in-game currency, or not).

However, I see benefit in having a unique player visible attribute that ties all of your characters together on a server, and is not subject to change. That said, it seems contrived to try and integrate this attribute into all character names.

Edited by Concise
Grammer

I was drankin too late one night, getting tired of the Legacy popup everytime I did something so in my impatient haze I decided to roll with my idea and at the time I thought my legacy name sounded good enough. Next day I log in, comepletely forgetting that I had chosen a Legacy name already, and almost puked. Now, who's fault is this? 100% mine, do I still want to change it? Uh...YEAH!!

i got the same problem in a weird sort of way

the legacy name i chose sounded good at the time "luxinferi" which means "light of the dead" in latin,atleast i think it does,until i realized that sounds horrible with most first names i had planned...in previous mmo`s all my char names had been in latin...

thought youll all be happy to know i caused a customer service guy to tell me some of whats going on...

i complained aboutmy legacy name,and he said "we are sorry,but the legacy name change system has not been implemented yet"...then i said "sooo,thats a future update then?this legacy name change system"..

i think they do indeed plan to enable that in the future

but seriously guys,give it some time...this game is quite young,only afew months old...and me having just come from a completely necrotized and dead mmo being run out of bejing,it being about 5 or so years old

you guys should feel lucky to get any kind of update or bug fix at all...trust me in my net years ive been on the non update side of the mmo fence for way too long...(the game i speak of was f2p btw),and considering on the previous game i came from,you actually had to spend far more than a measily subscription fee every month just to get anywhere

the next phrase is sort of a code catch for anyone that also came from that game "rank 9 will make your wallet catch fire"

:mad: i got in a hurry to make mine, i must admit

first the new "free server transfer" and then the guild said "Move out"

next thing i know we have to unload the trade stock and mail box and THEN pack everything

then move 6 chars and change the name on 4

YES i wish i had taken a bit longer to decide and now wish i had make a different one

YES i put in a ticket and and W3-2 rep name and answer was on the website FAQ??

NO i couldnt find where it how to do that

YES i think 10.00 IRL funds is reasonable

suggest even 25,000 credits

Happy Customers mean people staying on board and play aka paying 15.00 a month

LET US CHANGED IT!!!

Bowing Low

Darkprozak

• 2 weeks later...
I agree entirely.. Charge like $10 or $15 bucks outside the game or have some incrementally increasing credit amount in game at a vendor (like the skill mentor).. I got into a hurry like many others and am also stuck with a legacy name i do not like.. please make this an option as soon as you guys are able.. I know you got plenty of other stuff on your plates but it'd be great and keep quite a few customers happily subscribed..

• 2 weeks later...

Showing my support for the OP - I just migrated my characters since Hidden Beks was pretty much dead and my Legacy name was already taken (as well as the names of 4 of my 6 toons.. grumblegrumble). Because there's no way to find out if a name is taken until you submit it (really, would it be so hard to have a 'Check Name' button?) I ended up with a variation of my original legacy name that I don't like..

..and now I'm stuck with it. :mad:

I've been waiting more than 6 months to change my Legacy name, made several tickets about it and every answer was to check the Forum for news on the issue, was even told it was a matter concerning many and BW appriciated the RP value of a Legacy/Surname and understood the need to change it.

Have been told it was impossible at present time to implement, but apparently it's not impossible when people transfer to another sever.

Now I don't want to leave my server, I like my guild and friends there, so please, oh please, let the wait soon be over on this issue.

There have been many things since 1.2 really that I wish I could change. My appearances, character names and yes most of all my Legacy name. I disliked it to such an extent I bailed on a fully geared lvl 50 JG and went to another server to set all my toons right...and then...

I had to move back to my original server with the 'non-merger server mergers'. Stay, I get the name and toon appearances I want; but stuck in a ghost town server. Go, and I'm right back to square one. I can't even stand to log in anymore sometimes.

The game is beautiful to look at, the music and story are compelling, but this will never hold me hostage like SWG did.

• 1 month later...

The thing I hate is that we know that they can change the Legacy name. Two instances we have that prove this: One, if it's an offensive name. And Two: The Server Transfers if someone else has already taken the Legacy name you have, it gets reset.

And yet the only response we get is "We are working on it and it's a much demanded feature." and nothing else. They have the Q&A with the Dev's and yet I'm willing to be if a load of people ask in the next one about it, we'll get that same reply again.

Cryptic do a similar thing with Star Trek Online too, but at least they usually explain what they're actually doing and why it might take a while to implement, sure it might be BS but at least it's something more that what I think is a "default" reply.

Personally for me since we already know that they can do it and that change the Legacy name is possible, the question I would love to get answered is What is it that needs to be worked on since we know it can be done?

And there are only two things I can think of and even then one of them is far more likely than the other.

1. That if there were to implement it their afraid that everybody would change their Legacy name at the same time with a load of people going for the same name and crashing the servers.

2. And this is the mostly likely one I think, that they're waiting for F2P to launch and that it will be something you will have to pay for with the new credits that will be introduced.

I'm betting that you will be able to purchase this legacy name change in the in game micro transaction store once F2P comes along.

there will , im sure, be things like armour dye kits name changes, mounts, pets, crystals etc. all stuff you could probably grind for but for the people who just want it NOW for a small fee

maybe you could unlock on free name change at legacy lvl 50 hehe

The thing I hate is that we know that they can change the Legacy name. Two instances we have that prove this: One, if it's an offensive name. And Two: The Server Transfers if someone else has already taken the Legacy name you have, it gets reset.

And yet the only response we get is "We are working on it and it's a much demanded feature." and nothing else. They have the Q&A with the Dev's and yet I'm willing to be if a load of people ask in the next one about it, we'll get that same reply again.

They want your money.

You're going to be able to change it with "Cartel Coins" soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Even with FTP and micro transactions, its not in :/ These missing features are getting ridiculous!

Indeed. Character appearance change, Character name change. Legacy name change.. Maybe even those options for more customisation of character in the generator screen. 1 time regret change of advanced class would be nice but thats out of rhis topic.

What id like for legacy eben more than it's name change is separate AND multiple surnames INSIDE legacy.. So that "Womanny Thumbroller" would not have to marry "Manly Thumbroller" or that rival of "Manly Thumbroller" would not be "Nasty Thumbroller" but instead "Nasty Toebiter" for example.

Since Legacy name was promised almost year ago as i understand it.. It should be allready available... Next please go and give us separate surnames.

Thank You, Tardy Forumwatcher.

Please swtor please give us this option! Do you not see how many people have replied in this thread!

Bioware dealt with this issue almost a year ago, and everyone was allowed to change their legacy when we were all moved to our final server..

The new titles we get from reputation are legacy titles.. So if you don't like your legacy name, you can show one of those..

But it is unlikely, that we will be able to change our legacy.. Outside of moving to another server, which is the only way..

Perhaps maybe at some point in time, they will make this a pay service thing.. Until such time.. All we can do is wait.. :)