Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

Not sure if I'm being clear enough. I'll give it another try, maybe you'll understand: There is NO ONE on the damn server. It's dead. One person on Ilum, 2 on belsavis, and that's on prime time.

If that's not enough to make a LFG tool, don't know what is.

REROLL?

gz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did actually. I got to level 15. That's it, I can't go through the same quests again, I just can't. I want to play the class I enjoy, not something else.

I dont want to be allknowing but do you want to ''hear'' what i ''hear'' or see in your words... that your problem is NOT big enough so far... When your problem be so big you will reroll it means its so ''bad'' you WANT to change it SO BADLY that you are willing to go through those quests AGAIN.

For me community means more good than having to do same quests again would mean bad

If they are against a dungeon finder at least make a few subtle changes so people can be out doing dailies or exploring planets while being queued for a warzone or LF2M for their HM flashpoint run. Right now, unless guildies/friends are running a FP I would have to sit on the fleet with nothing to do but spam chat while we wait to fill a group. Why in the world would that be the acceptable method of running a FP?

1. Add Daily/Weekly boxes to all planets

2. Add PvP vendors to all planets (to turn in WZ comms when maxed)

3. Add a server wide LFG channel. How difficult is that to do? If people don't like it, they can unsubscribe to it...

If they are against a dungeon finder at least make a few subtle changes so people can be out doing dailies or exploring planets while being queued for a warzone or LF2M for their HM flashpoint run. Right now, unless guildies/friends are running a FP I would have to sit on the fleet with nothing to do but spam chat while we wait to fill a group. Why in the world would that be the acceptable method of running a FP?

1. Add Daily/Weekly boxes to all planets

2. Add PvP vendors to all planets (to turn in WZ comms when maxed)

3. Add a server wide LFG channel. How difficult is that to do? If people don't like it, they can unsubscribe to it...

Technically there is nothing stopping someone from adventuring/questing on Belsavis (as an Imperial) and throwing out "Level <X> <Class> <Role> LFG for Athiss" over general chat. I understand you enter the flashpoints from the Fleet but there is nothing wrong with advertising for them somewhere else. If hardly anyone is on the Fleet, and instead they are all on various worlds questing and such - then go where the people are.

On Lord Adraas (and on some others) enterprising players have created their own LFG chat channels (/cjoin LFG) and they are starting to see some use. Hopefully more people do this and they become a welcome addition to using /general for whatever planet you happen to be on (or the Fleet). So we players don't have to wait for your third idea - we can start that now.

Regarding your first two suggestions though, I would expect that this might turn the Fleets into ghost towns if implemented. Once I have my ship, and especially after I can get a GTN terminal and/or mailbox for it from Legacy, what possible reason would I have to ever go back (outside of running a Flashpoint or if a Fedex quest sent me there)? I can access the GTN and crafting trainers in Kaas City, or the neutral HTN on Nar Shaddaa, and I wouldn't need to go there to get my PvE and PvP dailies or to spend commendations for either of them. Not sure that's a great idea, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

I dont want to be allknowing but do you want to ''hear'' what i ''hear'' or see in your words... that your problem is NOT big enough so far... When your problem be so big you will reroll it means its so ''bad'' you WANT to change it SO BADLY that you are willing to go through those quests AGAIN.

For me community means more good than having to do same quests again would mean bad

I have to agree with this. If the server/faction population is that desolate, its time to go to greener pastures.

For what its worth, I did this myself. I had gotten to the mid-30s on a server that was extremely quiet - to the point where I struggled to even find people to group with for anything. I rerolled to Lord Adraas (RP-PvE-East Coast) and found a much more populated server that made building a friends list and finding a semi-active guild much easier to do.

I have to agree with this. If the server/faction population is that desolate, its time to go to greener pastures.

For what its worth, I did this myself. I had gotten to the mid-30s on a server that was extremely quiet - to the point where I struggled to even find people to group with for anything. I rerolled to Lord Adraas (RP-PvE-East Coast) and found a much more populated server that made building a friends list and finding a semi-active guild much easier to do.

If it's bad enough for people to have to reroll to other servers, it's bad enough that we need server merges, or something added that gives us a more comprehensive LFG system, OR a cross server LFG system.

I personally would prefer a better LFG system that's server wide - auto or not.

The current LFD system by the way does work 100% server wide, people just don't know how to use it. You can do /who class level ##-## and find everyone that fits what you need for a LFG search, issue is:

1. People don't put their flags up more often than not - LFG in fleet or LFG elsewhere.

2. LFG/seacom isn't long enough to put all info you may want, and

3. People don't realise how much you can narrow down and work the searches, if you narrow it down you'll run a galaxy wide search, not just planet side/fleet side.

I'd like to see a better server only LFG system put in, then, if it's needed due to small server populations, either server merges, or x-server dungeons. There's already no reason for people to gather on fleet other than for GTN - they just don't know how to work the system well enough to know better.

Disclaimer: This is coming from an old FFXI vet that used this exact type of system in FFXI - Jeuno was our hub and it was primarily used for getting together large missions/raid type events, not normal LFGs. Flags were essential for me finding groups while farming in that game.