One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/97852

It is listed at being $39.99 NEW.

So my statement that the latest Expansion of WoW costs $40 is true, and the "+" that I said next to it is because of the Collector's Edition

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-collectors-edition/103752

Which is listed at $79.99

So regardless, $10/$20 for TOR's 1st Expansion is a LOT less then that of WoW's latest Expansion. Given it could be because TOR's is Digital while WoW's had a Store Copy that one could buy from an actual Store, it is still a lot less.

Edited by Altyrell

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/97852

It is listed at being $39.99 NEW.

So my statement that the latest Expansion of WoW costs $40 is true, and the "+" that I said next to it is because of the Collector's Edition

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-collectors-edition/103752

Which is listed at $79.99

So regardless, $10/$20 for TOR's 1st Expansion is a LOT less then that of WoW's latest Expansion. Given it could be because TOR's is Digital while WoW's had a Store Copy that one could buy from an actual Store, it is still a lot less.

Good god, honestly.

It's $20 NEW. Twenty. Just because you can find ONE PLACE overcharging people for it doesn't make that the case. It's like saying "well this one guy on my block wants $10k for his 1987 ford 150 with no engine or transmission, must be what it's worth." Lol. Get real dude. Even if you buy it on Blizzard's own website is it cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Mists-Pandaria-PC-Mac/dp/B0050SZBP6

What the market is saying (on every website and store in America) is that SWTOR is not worth the release price. Market demand has lwoered so much that it is now FREE. The price is going down because the market says "it's not worth any money whatsoever."

So how does paying any money whatsoever for additional content make any sense?

So to be clear, WoW's MoP dropping in price is clear sign of value rising... SWTOR dropping in price is the opposite?

It also doesn't have 3 new operations 6 new flashpoints 2 new warzones a new race and a new class. I don't know how any one can say this cruddy little swtor expac is in any way shape or form up to the standards of a real MMO expac.

Yes, MoP at a release price of 39.99 had more content than the upcoming SWTOR expansion.... at 19.99..... you may as well proclaim that a house that costs twice as much as another is going to be larger.....

Yes, MoP at a release price of 39.99 had more content than the upcoming SWTOR expansion.... at 19.99..... you may as well proclaim that a house that costs twice as much as another is going to be larger.....

What does a house value have todo with a game expansion value exactly ?. is one of the expansion in a really rough area where its libel to be broken into or something.

Edited by Shingara

What the market is saying (at least on Amazon) is that MoP is not worth the release price. Market demand has lowered so much that the price has to be dropped to move the product. The price is going down because the market says the "bank for their buck" is much lower than the release price.

Products don't drop in price because people are buying more of it.

That you think an expansion who's price has nose-dived after three months means it is "doing better" is so silly that you are even having a real discussion anymore.

Makebs price has "nose dived" the moment it appeared for pre order by 50% by your logic. Nice one.

It also doesn't have 3 new operations 6 new flashpoints 2 new warzones a new race and a new class. I don't know how any one can say this cruddy little swtor expac is in any way shape or form up to the standards of a real MMO expac.

Or 6 new planets (zones).

Edited by GrandMike

It doesnt have Pandas and Pokemon. That makes it better by default. :D

In my case its not WoW so its better by default =) I would rather play AngryBirds - the MMO then revisting azeroth.

Oh you're a SWtoR Developer that you can say what is in the Expansion? The only thing we now right now about features in MoP that aren't in RotHC is a new race (cathar will be cartellshop exclusive) and 5 zones. But we do not know how large makeb is exaktly. So it could be worth one, two or three zones not?

We also know that it was planned that all FPs without HM would get one for makeb (but there is no official announcment to that, yet its just a romur from the gamescom).

Whatt we also now that on releasedate MoP was 4 times the price of RotHC to subscribers.

Edited by Eshmael

One entire planet is not an expansion?

I take it you never played World of Warcraft.

Burning Crusade: Part of a mostly disintegrated planet.

Wrath of the Lich King: One continent.

Cataclysm: Several sub-areas of two continents that were available at launch. Two new sub-areas.

Mists of Pandaria: An island.

One entire planet is not an expansion?

I take it you never played World of Warcraft.

Burning Crusade: Part of a mostly disintegrated planet.

Wrath of the Lich King: One continent.

Cataclysm: Several sub-areas of two continents that were available at launch. Two new sub-areas.

Mists of Pandaria: An island.

wow expansion this big <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

swtor expansion this big <-?->

And i have yet to hear a wow dev claim something that is in development tobe a patch to 6 months later proclaim it tobe an expansion and know knothing specific about it. On that note Blizzard atleast state what to expect in an expansion and have a presentation before putting it out for pre order. But who am i kiding, they only know how to generate millions of subscriptions and generate god knows how much profits worldwide.

Hell at this moment in time patch 5.2 on there ptr sounds bigger then Makeb.

Edited by Shingara

Wrath was by no means big. I went from BC L70 and gear cap, to L80, in T6 raid gear in 7 days flat. Arguably, Burning Crusade was their largest expansion. Cataclysm sure wasn't huge, they just upped the level cap and boosted hitpoints and damage numbers on NPCs so it took longer, and used other petty tricks like putting certain gear on certain factions (and I still went from 80-85 in 1 day).

Don't even sit there and try to equivocate SWTOR and WoW, when nobody has even seen Makeb yet except the development team.

Edit: Or you can equivocate, but then that's like arguing before a court of law, with zero evidence in your possession to successfully win your case before the judge, let alone state your case.

Edited by Malkavier

Wrath was by no means big. I went from BC L70 and gear cap, to L80, in T6 raid gear in 7 days flat. Arguably, Burning Crusade was their largest expansion. Cataclysm sure wasn't huge, they just upped the level cap and boosted hitpoints and damage numbers on NPCs so it took longer, and used other petty tricks like putting certain gear on certain factions (and I still went from 80-85 in 1 day).

Don't even sit there and try to equivocate SWTOR and WoW, when nobody has even seen Makeb yet except the development team.

Edit: Or you can equivocate, but then that's like arguing before a court of law, with zero evidence in your possession to successfully win your case before the judge, let alone state your case.

ow i think i just saw a pig fly by the window. For you to sit there and say new crafting, new races, new starter zones, class cross and new classes just to name a few are tiny go ahead deluding yourself. as what equivocate has todo with it as how am i trying avoid committing myself in what i say exactly.

ow and btw, makeb was at E3, gabe talked about it in september and jo talked about it at e3, and before the doctors left this was nothing more then a large content patch, the price difference for f2p between makeb to section x plus hk is $6.

Edited by Shingara

This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue. Maybe they want some mystery to it. To add suspense? To claim to know the size before it's out and bash is silly. When it comes out and if it's small then you can tell me I told you so.

Idk. It's like some people have a macro button on their keyboard that just says "SWTOR SUCKS", "THE DEV"S SUCK", "THIS NEW STUFF IS CRAP AND IT SUCKS" whenever there's a post about anything Bioware does or didn't do.

Cool the jets. Unless you are a Dev....none of us have any idea what's coming. I have a feeling no matter how big or small or how much content there is, the macro mashers will come out of the rafters to bash it.

Love you all though....so take it w/ a grain of salt.....bashers and non-bashers alike.

This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue.

We do, since they said it will be the same size as the larger planets currently in the game. So the same size as say Belsavis, Corellia or Hoth. Which is ridiculous for a paid expansion.

Edited by LordExozone

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

You mean the biggest planets this game has which you actually consider large? I consider it mediocre at best.

This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue. Maybe they want some mystery to it. To add suspense? To claim to know the size before it's out and bash is silly. When it comes out and if it's small then you can tell me I told you so.

Idk. It's like some people have a macro button on their keyboard that just says "SWTOR SUCKS", "THE DEV"S SUCK", "THIS NEW STUFF IS CRAP AND IT SUCKS" whenever there's a post about anything Bioware does or didn't do.

Cool the jets. Unless you are a Dev....none of us have any idea what's coming. I have a feeling no matter how big or small or how much content there is, the macro mashers will come out of the rafters to bash it.

Love you all though....so take it w/ a grain of salt.....bashers and non-bashers alike.

As a lover of SWTOR and a so called basher of this expansion let me say I have never said 'SWTOR sucks', The Dev's suck, ' This new stuff is crap and it sucks''.

I see this as a cash grab for the December figures and worry at the sign that this game is doing so badly that they ask for pre-orders on an 'expansion' without giving any details past the planet and levels. This could do a lot of damage to a minority of players and I am now officially worried, for the first time, for the future. The 11,000 cartel coins I had planned to buy on a monthly basis, and did last month, are now on hold until I know what is going on.

P.S love you too