Stop Whining For PT Nerf.

bbare

I find it ironic that people have been whining for a PT nerf since 1.2 came out when 1.2 gave the Pyro PT a large nerf. I agree, they do need their burst damage reduced slightly (maybe decrease TD damage a bit) but no one was complaining when PT's could basically chain rail shots back in 1.1. If Bioware is going to nerf this class, they better do it because it needs a slight burst nerf and not because people are complaining. Also, I find most of the bantering coming from people who don't understand the mechanics of the Pyro Pt. Pyro's are very squishy and a lot of their damage can be avoided via cleanse. Maybe healers (mainly operatives) should start paying more attention to red ticking bombs and flame dots on their target's bar than complaining about PT's being so overpowered. It isn't like PT's have absolutely no counter like the darkness/madness assassin. Operative healers/ Marauders/ Assassins should destroy opponent PT's.

Nice job on taking that under-geared guy out in 4 global cool downs with generous crits and the expertise buff. Not to mention every ability you used is shared by mercenaries. /ironfist

I love when people dissect videos and dont know the classes or skills, because, no it wasnt lucky crits, I used a crit buff that we get that mercs dont get :p And this video wasnt srs bsns it was just for the luls. Nor is it the hardest ive ever hit someone for.

These nerf Pyro threads are getting ridiculous now especially the ones that reek of deception such as this one. If Bioware nerfs Powertechs your all just going start whining about Marauders/Sentinels again. There are threads popping up now about nerfing Snipers/Gunslingers! It's now becoming very clear that there are certain people in the SWTOR community that would like to see burst removed all together from this game. Knock it off and grow up!

I love when people dissect videos and dont know the classes or skills, because, no it wasnt lucky crits, I used a crit buff that we get that mercs dont get :p And this video wasnt srs bsns it was just for the luls. Nor is it the hardest ive ever hit someone for.

It doesn't make all your attacks autocrit. The odds that both would crit even with the buff is less than the odds that they wouldn't, and the crit buff doesn't really matter in potential damage vids like these, which are pointless. I think vanguards/pyrotechs are over performing, but vids like yours are the stupidest things i have ever seen, and are one of the last things you want to bring to a nerf/buff thread. You didn't have to sink to the op's level of intelligence.

Edited by DakoHawk

These nerf Pyro threads are getting ridiculous now especially the ones that reek of deception such as this one. If Bioware nerfs Powertechs your all just going start whining about Marauders/Sentinels again. There are threads popping up now about nerfing Snipers/Gunslingers! It's now becoming very clear that there are certain people in the SWTOR community that would like to see burst removed all together from this game. Knock it off and grow up!

i agree with "NO MOAR NERF"...but, something needs to be addressed concerning class balance.

i've played a SI/Assy (vr68...server 1st BM), BH/Merc (vr65ish), IA/MM (vr55), and TR/VG (vr49...lvl49).

in all of this PvP experience, and i have been taking a break recently, Vanguard/Powertech is hands down the deadliest class in terms of kill or be killed...which is what really matters in PvP.

i did 4 WZ's last night, and got lucky, playing 4 different maps. not only did i dominate, but by a substantial margin!!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/647/screenshot2012072401553.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2676/screenshot2012072322160.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7521/screenshot2012071300463.jpg

the 4th match i didn't bother to SS (i should have), where i did 264k, and 2nd place did 82k.

my point is, no class that i have played, and i've pretty much played them all to 50 (minus SW/JK), has had the damage output and utility as a VG/PT. again, i have not played a SW/JK to 50.

i DO NOT encourage nerfs of any sort...

but, something needs to be done in order to bring these other classes to balance.

p.s. i HIGHLY encourage the nay-sayers, trolls, and scrubs to attempt to break down my SS's...the info is there. 1 match with a competent healer, high objective scores, most protection in DPS stance, MINIMUM 2x the damage of others, etc...

Edited by T-Assassin

i agree with "NO MOAR NERF"...but, something needs to be addressed concerning class balance.

i've played a SI/Assy (vr68...server 1st BM), BH/Merc (vr65ish), IA/MM (vr55), and TR/VG (vr49...lvl49).

in all of this PvP experience, and i have been taking a break recently, Vanguard/Powertech is hands down the deadliest class in terms of kill or be killed...which is what really matters in PvP.

i did 4 WZ's last night, and got lucky, playing 4 different maps. not only did i dominate, but by a substantial margin!!

the 4th match i didn't bother to SS (i should have), where i did 264k, and 2nd place did 82k.

my point is, no class that i have played, and i've pretty much played them all to 50 (minus SW/JK), has had the damage output and utility as a VG/PT. again, i have not played a SW/JK to 50.

i DO NOT encourage nerfs of any sort...

but, something needs to be done in order to bring these other classes to balance.

p.s. i HIGHLY encourage the nay-sayers, trolls, and scrubs to attempt to break down my SS's...the info is there. 1 match with a competent healer, high objective scores, most protection in DPS stance, MINIMUM 2x the damage of others, etc...

Where exactly is this uber "utility" with the PT/VG that you speak of? The class is known for damage but.. utility? I'd take my Juggernaut for utility over my PT any time. Edited by SwordofSodan

Where exactly is this uber "utility" with the PT/VG that you speak of? The class is known for damage but.. utility? I'd take my Juggernaut for utility over my PT any time.

This! PT outclasses Juggy in PvP, hands down. But Juggy has much more PvE versatility.

Where exactly is this uber "utility" with the PT/VG that you speak of? The class is known for damage but.. utility? I'd take my Juggernaut for utility over my PT any time.

grapple, for one...i can insta-kill ball carriers pulling them into hazards. pulling off node, pulling healers, killing them, then killin the rest of their team...just for starters.

taunts, minor...but utility. interrupts...well, i play a merc too...so that's kinda a big deal :)

stun, AOE stun...

so, take that juggernaut...i'll pull your healer, kill it, then kill you.

and i'm just talkin about PT/AS...

AP/TA, better utility, by far.

Edited by T-Assassin

Those were all horrible teams you were facing, any good team will know to focus the powertech because they are a glass cannon.

All classes are fine except Operatives DPS, honestly anyone who complains is just upset because someone has killed them a few times (which obviously makes them OP, right?) and then moans about it.

Powertechs aren't Overpowered at all.. a DPS tree is meant to do damage, yet you always get some idiot crying they do too much damage, Powertechs have literally no survivability besides a 12 second shield. Most of their damage comes from melee range, if you're dumb enough not to kite then you shouldn't even be PvP'ing.

As I said before, in terms of DPS, Operatives bring nothing to the table that Marauder doesn't, so why would anyone choose to have an Operative over a Marauder.

Marauders get party-wide speed buffs, great damage, small insta self-heals, good defensive CD's and leap.

Operatives get Stealth, poor damage, slow heals (DPS specced).

EDIT: My point isn't that Marauders need nerfed, no class does. If any class needs a change, it's for Operatives to actually be able to have some damage output when specced into a 'DPS' tree.

You're level 40+ and killing fresh PvP players, it's not difficult :)

EDIT: Why are your adrenals lighting up during PvP if they are removed? something seems fishy.

Edited by Jayshames

I find it ironic that people have been whining for a PT nerf since 1.2 came out when 1.2 gave the Pyro PT a large nerf. I agree, they do need their burst damage reduced slightly (maybe decrease TD damage a bit) but no one was complaining when PT's could basically chain rail shots back in 1.1. If Bioware is going to nerf this class, they better do it because it needs a slight burst nerf and not because people are complaining. Also, I find most of the bantering coming from people who don't understand the mechanics of the Pyro Pt. Pyro's are very squishy and a lot of their damage can be avoided via cleanse. Maybe healers (mainly operatives) should start paying more attention to red ticking bombs and flame dots on their target's bar than complaining about PT's being so overpowered. It isn't like PT's have absolutely no counter like the darkness/madness assassin. Operative healers/ Marauders/ Assassins should destroy opponent PT's.

Lol you're probably one of the people who cried for an operative dps nerf before 1.2 sooo have a taste of your own medicine. "Pyro's are very squishy..." I lost it right there, top class bull********. Operative cleanse has a 9 sec cooldown, i think, so its not like they can spam it. It doesn't cleanse the time ticking bomb and when those dots get cleansed they just get spammed back on. And how are operative healers supposed to destroy PT's?

Those were all horrible teams you were facing, any good team will know to focus the powertech because they are a glass cannon.

that's where being smarter than your enemy comes into play.

most, if not all of my deaths were 3v1.

and LOL at the "horrible teams" comment...you shoulda seen the teams i was on!!! now they were horrible!!!

All classes are fine except Operatives DPS, honestly anyone who complains is just upset because someone has killed them a few times (which obviously makes them OP, right?) and then moans about it.

i disagree. i have a VR68 deception spec Assassin AND a VR65 Merc/PT. they are NOT fine...

Powertechs aren't Overpowered at all.. a DPS tree is meant to do damage, yet you always get some idiot crying they do too much damage, Powertechs have literally no survivability besides a 12 second shield. Most of their damage comes from melee range, if you're dumb enough not to kite then you shouldn't even be PvP'ing.

again, from playing every class, except SW/JK, i can assure you the DPS/burst of a PT/VG is INSANE. i can blow thru all my ammo, kill anyone, and recharge cells and keep on moving.

as far as not kiting, i'd put my kiting skills up there with the best of 'em...and i haven't been effectively kited once, by anyone. snipers that get the drop on me can hurt, but a stun/harpoon settles that pretty quickly. they pop entrench, i LoS. the PvP dance...

As I said before, in terms of DPS, Operatives bring nothing to the table that Marauder doesn't, so why would anyone choose to have an Operative over a Marauder.

Marauders get party-wide speed buffs, great damage, small insta self-heals, good defensive CD's and leap.

Operatives get Stealth, poor damage, slow heals (DPS specced).

EDIT: My point isn't that Marauders need nerfed, no class does. If any class needs a change, it's for Operatives to actually be able to have some damage output when specced into a 'DPS' tree.

You're level 40+ and killing fresh PvP players, it's not difficult :)

EDIT: Why are your adrenals lighting up during PvP if they are removed? something seems fishy.

fishy...LOL. i'm legit.

and the 40+ argument...i've heard it all before. on my sniper, on my merc (not on my Assassin...BM pre-1.2.

i'm not asking for a nerf of any sort...but, to deny the fact that PT/VG and Maraduers are in line with other classes is absurd.

Edited by T-Assassin

learn how to pvp kid. dont whine cause you get pawned, realize you just have no skills

Op dps is still one of the better ones in the game, if you aren't getting good numbers you are done something wrong. They just made the classes harder to play which is fine being that you can only be good with it now if you are a good player. Clickers, keyboard turners have fine playing anything that doesn't auto turn for you.