knife

I get up

Force stasis

Leg sweep

shield.

he vanishes.

returns.

finishes me off

Ok, from that I really have to ask, given the GCD is 1.5 secs and his opener+backstab will (if he is reallllllllly lucky) take 6k total off you, are you missing mods ?

Because not to be sarcastic, my sage has 18k hp in similar gear+pvp buffs and well, I can eat operatives. (my own operative is heal spec so tends to stalemate smuggs till team help arrives)

Edited by KeltikTwo

Ofc that wasn't a step by step literal interpretation of what always happens when I fight an Operative mate :p

But the gist of it all is that I am usually as good as dead whe I can start attacking back. Which is frustrating.

I'm fairly decently geared. Full PvP almost full champion.

I get that a lot of ppl have much better gear and that I'll lose fights because of that. But the speed of which an operative takes me down in comparison to all the other classes has me scratching my head.

I do some dueling with some guys, and even a almost full battlemaster Jedi-shadow, while I'll lose. I'll still give him a fight.

Operatives simply is no chance.

Maybe I've been unlucky and all the Operatives I've played against have been super-elite. I really have no idea. But that's how it is for me

Are these ops in a rakata/BM mix or what ? I have never once seen a post nerf operative or smug 50% a champ geared player of any class in 1 gcd.

I'm not exactly sure what their gear looked like. Also, it's not within the span of 1 GCD, they might have to blow all of their cooldowns to complete they cycle, but it's definitely a death sentence if my escape is on cooldown.

I posted a thread a while ago on the ops forum called how to kill the operative. I wrote this before the Operative nerf, and since then they have only gotte easier to kill.

Here is the basic rundown for ANY class trying to kill an operative

1) Don't blow your breaker on the first stun, wait for them to whip out the electric knife, the 1.5s knockdown off their opener is only 1 gcd, not that bad.

2) Once your out of the initial 1.5 sec stun either knockback or stun. Then get some distance, pop a clense (removes their 2k bleed) and medpack if you have them, stick your quickest ticking bleed on them. If they are bleeding they will have to blow one of their best skills in order to be able to restealth.

3) Once you've got them bleeding, raise defenses and OPEN THE HELL UP. The gank spec op's sustained damage is garbage, their damage comes from their opener. Keep them bleeding.

4) Fight on your terms. All troopers, sages, snipers and their mirrors should fight from 15+ meters away, the op has no closers at all. Their stun and snare are 10m. Saberwielders need to unload maximum dps/defenses depending on your spec, you either have to outlast or outdamage

5) Do not let them restealth, keep the bleeds and aoe coming. If they do restealth then bug out.

6) Only blow your breaker if you are hit with the electric knife, everything else isn't worth it.

Good hunting to ya, it takes skill but ops are not that scary if you know what your doing.

I'm not exactly sure what their gear looked like. Also, it's not within the span of 1 GCD, they might have to blow all of their cooldowns to complete they cycle, but it's definitely a death sentence if my escape is on cooldown.

All I can really suggest is find one of your guildmates of the offending class mirror and practice. When I was interested in pvp, I duelled pretty much everyone, to work out where they could be countered.

I know a duel is a controlled test environment, but it's all practice.

Worst comes to worst, level up one to see where they can be weak.

I posted a thread a while ago on the ops forum called how to kill the operative. I wrote this before the Operative nerf, and since then they have only gotte easier to kill.

Here is the basic rundown for ANY class trying to kill an operative

1) Don't blow your breaker on the first stun, wait for them to whip out the electric knife, the 1.5s knockdown off their opener is only 1 gcd, not that bad.

2) Once your out of the initial 1.5 sec stun either knockback or stun. Then get some distance, pop a clense (removes their 2k bleed) and medpack if you have them, stick your quickest ticking bleed on them. If they are bleeding they will have to blow one of their best skills in order to be able to restealth.

3) Once you've got them bleeding, raise defenses and OPEN THE HELL UP. The gank spec op's sustained damage is garbage, their damage comes from their opener. Keep them bleeding.

4) Fight on your terms. All troopers, sages, snipers and their mirrors should fight from 15+ meters away, the op has no closers at all. Their stun and snare are 10m. Saberwielders need to unload maximum dps/defenses depending on your spec, you either have to outlast or outdamage

5) Do not let them restealth, keep the bleeds and aoe coming. If they do restealth then bug out.

6) Only blow your breaker if you are hit with the electric knife, everything else isn't worth it.

Good hunting to ya, it takes skill but ops are not that scary if you know what your doing.

They can't cleanse force based dots either, so maybe thats where my sage has the advantage ( and bubble of course, oh, knockback is also handy)

I am an OP, we can clense force dots. It just requires using Evasion (100% dodge for 3 seconds + clense everything that is removable). Its actually quite usefull for doding long induction force attacks and grav rounds, if you've ever wondered how those fail. Catch is that its on a minute cooldown and most people blow it right after re-stealthing to avoid getting poped out by bleeds or aoe. Waste of a very good survival skill imo.

I am an OP, we can clense force dots. It just requires using Evasion (100% dodge for 3 seconds + clense everything that is removable). Its actually quite usefull for doding long induction force attacks and grav rounds, if you've ever wondered how those fail. Catch is that its on a minute cooldown and most people blow it right after re-stealthing to avoid getting poped out by bleeds or aoe. Waste of a very good survival skill imo.

Oh yea, forgot about evasion, my bad. Hell, I play healer so much anyway, so I don't kill anyone on my op :p

Oh yea, forgot about evasion, my bad. Hell, I play healer so much anyway, so I don't kill anyone on my op :p

I play lethality/healer combo for infinate TA's at range from kolto probes, much better then concealment for overall enjoyment imo. Plus alot more utility and options. I just wish that we could cull from 30 meters. I really don't see why its a 10m skill.

I also play healer commando and healer operative, but experimented with thier dps forms on guild mates (duel faction guilds are great eh? :p) to build up understanding. I used to be fairly keen on pvp in swtor.

That is cool of course.

IMO, lots of this is because cloak screens cooldown is so damn long. Not only is it only ~50% effective (maybe as high as 75-85% in the hands of a very skilled player) but the cooldown is >2 mins. I kinda feel mind warp and sleep dart are very powerful too (and very unfun to play against), so I understand the desire to keep vanish access a little limited...

I'm definitely not the best pvper, so my $0.02. You sound a little more accomplished to me for sure. :D

Edited by finetop

Is just insane.

A lot of ppl complain about sorcerers which I can understand but from my point of view imperial opweatives are the worst.

I'm usually down to 30% hp before I can even move or retaliate.

I'm a champion geared (most parts) jedi sentinel and a imp perative can actually stand toe to toe and just out dps me in a clear melee fight.

Maybe I just don't know how to fight them but they scare me to death

A Raged spec Jugg will eat an Ops and pretty much every other class. Player skill and gear being equal....

That is cool of course.

IMO, lots of this is because cloak screens cooldown is so damn long. Not only is it only ~50% effective (maybe as high as 75-85% in the hands of a very skilled player) but the cooldown is >2 mins. I kinda feel mind warp and sleep dart are very powerful too (and very unfun to play against), so I understand the desire to keep vanish access a little limited...

I'm definitely not the best pvper, so my $0.02. You sound a little more accomplished to me for sure. :D

Well, not anymore ( I'm in this weekends GW2 beta so am scouting it for my guild, the joys of being a media employee :p). I think this is the last day my swtor accounts active but hey, only posting while I patch up ( GW 2!!!1!!!1!!!)

Operatives are really odd at times.

I've personally been on the receiving end of a 100-30% 4 second stun, through heavy armor and Blade Ward.

On the other hand I've also rolled over just as many Operatives and encountered them in situations where they couldn't put up much of a fight.

Therefor I conclude that it's not so much the abilities in themselves that are OP, but rather the synergy with other aspects of the class mixed with Relics and Adrenals.

An Operative has a very easy time selecting his target out of stealth. Enemies don't see them coming and so they have a free pick. This allows them to set up their burst accordingly, including preemptive use of cooldowns, especially Relics + Adrenals.

Honestly, I think the problem is far more related to relics + adrenal stacking than Operative abilities themselves.

Operatives burst is still pretty insane. You're at around 40% health left after you pick yourself off the ground and that's if they don't just stun you again and your CC breaker happens to be up. Sure they may be a little tiny bit squishier than most classes, but all classes in this game have about the same HP(which is stupid imo). Respawn is automatic anyways so who cares about squishiness in warfronts anyways.

Operatives just got nerfed hard and baddies are crying for another. The operative doing this much damage to you probably is in full battlemaster and used an adrenal. Operative is my only character in this game and since I hit 50 I have tried all specs and always end up going medic spec. Post nerf I have not died to an operative/scoundrel 1v1 at all that I can recall.. Quit being bad and study the skills a class has if you're having problems with them to find out their weaknesses instead of coming to the forums and complaining about a class that just received an extremely large nerf.

I think sorcs are ridiculous but you won't see me ever posting here calling for nerfs to their class.. I just played a huttball where the opposing team was composed entirely of sorcs/assassins with one powertech. The numbers of people rolling this class are evidence enough of their ridiculousness.

Rofl kids still complaining about OP burst? I thought wow forums were bad...the baddies on these forums make them look like pro gramers. OP burst sucked even before the latest surge nerf now its less than useless against anyone with a brain

So you're saying this happens when your CDs are blown, and only when they blow all their CDs? Of course you get owned in that situation. It has nothing to do with the class. If I want to bust my entire CD nut on one kill, any of my toons can do that.