PVPing on a PVE Server

SOULCASTER

Hi, im from a PVP Server, and my friends wanted me to make a toon on their PVE server, so here I am. I currently am a level 44 Sage, and I mainly do warzones to level.

Now on to the main point of this thread.

Your server has THE WORST "PVPers" that i've EVER had the privilege to witness. I have carried more teams to victory in my time questing to level 50 here, than I have on an entire year of pvp on my main server.

I can't speak for your 50s, so i apologize if some of you are getting offended. But your lowbies, are the worst i've ever seen. Not a SINGLE person has a clue on what is going on. Hahaaha the first few weeks it was comical. Now....now i'm about to retire from pvp before i even hit 50 its so bad.

I'm top DPS AND top healer in 90% of the warzones I play (and im a dps sage). In huttball sometimes also occupy a 3rd best slot, with objective points. I get like 0 MVPs from people. Apparently NO ONE plays healer on this server. And when they do, they put up lke 3k dps with 75k healing.....When I switch to healer spec, I still get 0 mvps even though im carrying these failures even more.

Anyone else out there want to group up? I can't keep carrying 7 people alone. I need a partner or two. Hit me up on in game when you see me.

- Soulcaster

PS: I'd like to give a shout out to my man ZESTY in <WOOK>!!! He helps me tolerate the lowbie pvp a bit.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I don't think it's just a pub or imp thing either. I've played with and against some terrible people in lowbies, but it does get a little better in 50s. I avoid queuing solo unless i'm feeling particularly sadistic and want to test my anger threshold.

In the end, carrying all that weight around makes you stronger. It's like basketball players training with weights on their ankles. When those weights come off... :rak_03:

leading in damage/healing in lowbies just means you are actively doing something ~25% of the time. Many of the people in those wz's are probably playing for fun, or for the first time (f2pers). I hit 21 solo kills last night on my lvl 28 sorc, most damage by 250k and most healing. 0 votes. Doesn't bother me though, of course they're terrible. 50 pvp isn't great on this server anymore either. No ranked for us, and the average pug is just awful. However I have several 50's on pot5 as well and the pvp is not better over there, in fact the average player over there is usually worse because of all the noob re-rerolls to the fatman back when the original servers were dying.

Have you leveled more than one char since F2P? Perhaps that's the reason to why you find lowbie to be worse now. I have leveled sages and sorcs on Shadowlands, tofn and the Bastion since F2P and Shadowlands is by faaaaaaar the better server. The amount of stupidty on the other two servers made me want to send my computer into orbit.

I'm determined that it's a matter of IQ and convinced that the average IQ on the EST servers is a good 10-20 points higher than on the EU and west coast servers. EU has a bunch of more or less developing countries and the west coast has a good deal of junkies, hillbillies and people who barely speak English. Screw that!

And no, it's not a matter of defending "my server" because I don't consider this to be my main server anymore. I moved to EU for the ping but the quality here is better.

Edited by MidichIorian

You all bring up a good point. No I have not created a new lowbie toon since Free To Play came out. This is my first one since then. So its quite possible that im playing with a bunch of F2P Window Lickers 24/7.

Ugh its horrible. Make it stop hahaha

You guys don't do rateds on this server??

You all bring up a good point. No I have not created a new lowbie toon since Free To Play came out. This is my first one since then. So its quite possible that im playing with a bunch of F2P Window Lickers 24/7.

Ugh its horrible. Make it stop hahaha

You guys don't do rateds on this server??

Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the exploits are fixed.

Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the bugs are fixed.

Fixed.

Exploits do not exist on the PTS.

And honestly PvP should be the least of their worries. PvE balance is terribly out of whack again from what I have tested thus far. The PvP in this game has always been a joke and an afterthought and much of the PvP "balancing" in the game has been severely detrimental to PvE. And even after said "balancing" things like smash/sweep and stuns have basically made it unplayable.

Congratulations for choosing a PvE game to specialize in PvP. All the serious PvP players have long since quit and moved on to other games where PvP actually takes skill.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the exploits are fixed.

We've queued against you guys plenty and will be continuing to do so, but as far as I know, nobody has been doing any ranked while this event has been running. When I search for other PvP guilds, I usually just see 75%+ of the people on Illum.

As for the OP, of course lowbies on a PvE server are going to suck at PvP... what did you expect? It's not like they've become hardened PvPers through levels of being ganked mercilessly. Not to mention, you're using one of the most OP classes for lowbies, so of course you're going to be carrying teams of noobs. Having played on a PvP server, by the way, does not make you an expert at PvP. I'm sure there are players on POT5 who would make even our most garbage players look like all-stars.

Your argument is invalid, you're talking about lowbies. At endgame level in all games, players who PvP full time are all at the same level regardless of server dedication. There is a certain cap on how good players in a game with GCDs can be. Decision making at top end levels fluctuates from match to match the same as they do in any competitive event. Video games such as TOR make muscle memory reactions in combat important, as you have to be able to view the battlefield's big picture and read the other team's strategy rather than focus entirely on rotational counters. There is none of that in lowbies unless you have premade teams because most players don't know their rotations at that level nor do they understand warzone tactics.

Not to derail the thread further (but I will), WOOK will be trying to get some ranked together this weekend.

Back on topic... OP: have you played ANY multiplayer game where ALL the other players have been good and capable of rational thought? Maybe CoD and BF3 are bad examples because of their mainstream appeal, but more than half the players in any given server seem to focus more of their attention on breathing in and out than playing intelligently. The process of natural selection is a bit impeded in modern times. :p

Not to derail the thread further (but I will), WOOK will be trying to get some ranked together this weekend.

Back on topic... OP: have you played ANY multiplayer game where ALL the other players have been good and capable of rational thought? Maybe CoD and BF3 are bad examples because of their mainstream appeal, but more than half the players in any given server seem to focus more of their attention on breathing in and out than playing intelligently. The process of natural selection is a bit impeded in modern times. :p

I think this game suffers more than other MMOs or online games (I'm an 7 year SWG vet) in the fact that it has ONLY has objective based warzones as its PVP content. Couple that with the fact that this game heavily favors DPS and everyone just wants to jump into a pile of enemies with reckless abandon and top the DPS charts...means the objectives go to the wayside. Loses stockpile one after the other. People have NO idea what they are doing or who they are targetting or why. They just want to DPS and top charts (which they fail horribly at as well).

So i think swtor suffers more than other games in the pvp department because they don't have any other form of PVP besides these 8 on 8 warzones with random pick-up groups....

I think this game suffers more than other MMOs or online games (I'm an 7 year SWG vet) in the fact that it has ONLY has objective based warzones as its PVP content. Couple that with the fact that this game heavily favors DPS and everyone just wants to jump into a pile of enemies with reckless abandon and top the DPS charts...means the objectives go to the wayside. Loses stockpile one after the other. People have NO idea what they are doing or who they are targetting or why. They just want to DPS and top charts (which they fail horribly at as well).

So i think swtor suffers more than other games in the pvp department because they don't have any other form of PVP besides these 8 on 8 warzones with random pick-up groups....

And what exactly was appealing about SWG ground PvP? The only objective in the original combat system was to dizzy/knockdown your opponent or apply mind fire pike DOTs. The CU/NGE combat was a laughable attempt to save the game by turning it into space WoW so don't bother referencing those. SWG was abojt who spent more credits on the best armor and weapons, or with Jedi fights who wore down force faster. Again, everything was dizzy/KD and doing as much damage as you could while the other flopped around like a fish. There was ZERO PvP content because SWG had ZERO content. It was a 100% sandbox game where the only PvP was what players made.

Now you have switched to saying TOR PvP sucks now that reasonable arguments have rendered your post null. If you want 100%skill based competative gameplay with no skill cap, play Starcraft. Otherwise get to 50 so we can kill you in our boxed up warzones you claim to be above yet still queue for or kindly show yourself the door.;

^ they added the bases that produced the top quality heal / buff stims if they were held for a certain period of time (days).

I always thought MMOs missed the boat by not making factions control resources to produce weapons and armor through multiple planets being controlled.

Wish they could bring some of that into swtor.

So, are people implying that objective based PvP is bad and only for baddies where as pure death match PvP is good and for skilled players?

Also, you can't expect people that are new to a class to immediately now the best rotations and how best to use their utility. Hell, quite a few classes have to live with limited utility until much higher levels. And of course, a new game means learning new mechanics which takes time. Of course, the time taken to moan about baddies could always be spent teaching them.

No one will do rankeds in this server if you always face the same teams that have their gear maxed.

Of course, the guilds that do ranked might have fun playing against each other (I.E: ID vs Physics), but another guild that just starts will be discouraged to do more ranked if they are roflstomped.

If you want to do ranked, make a team of four and pug the other half....

But i'm pretty sure that won't happen because some players care too much about their ranking... ergo, don't whine about ranked WZs.

^ Where is the fun in that? Even if you won, wouldn't it feel hollow?

I enjoy knowing that ID, Physics, etc. are out there. The bar is high, and it's all a matter of perspective. If you take a beating, lose, and learn nothing, then you're missing the point.

If nothing else, taking a few beat downs from those guys makes our team understand group composition, strategy, counter strategy, amongst many other things.

They are mortal men (and/or women) behind a mouse an keyboard, as well.