Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a TRAP if you were expecting it?

Yes, it's just a very bad trap in that case.

edit: Guess I'll head over to Farmville for a bit. Been weeks since I fed the cows.

Edited by dr_mike

Hey folks!

We addressed to patching issue a little while ago, so that is all cleared up. Now we are working through the login service being unavailable. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

It might be that, according to the server status page not only are the servers not up, they are not even there to be seen as down.

All The Best

Yes, it's just a very bad trap in that case.

edit: Guess I'll head over to Farmville for a bit. Been weeks since I fed the cows.

Yeah, i'm thinking about playing Clicker Heroes...at least I don't get disappointed with that game unlike this game.

I can't even log into the website when I click My SWTOR.

I'd tell Eric, if he's still checking out threads...to shoot a text or something over to the server guy that's tinkering with the login server and have him reboot it. Or maybe do a "ipconfig /release" and "/renew" might fix it....if the log in server is running windows.

I'd tell Eric, if he's still checking out threads...to shoot a text or something over to the server guy that's tinkering with the login server and have him reboot it. Or maybe do a "ipconfig /release" and "/renew" might fix it....if the log in server is running windows.

Look up. He's already stated that they're working on it.

Look up. He's already stated that they're working on it.

Yes, I've already seen that. But what you don't know is some of those software engineer guys won't do the simple fix. They always have to write another program to fix what's wrong and inherently create more problems later on. It's kinda what happened with Hellgate: London.

I've also read a forum post from a Dev or Mod and that "Oh we're sorry, the software engineer forgot to turn the authentication server back on. Have a nice day!" And that was 18 hours into their "troubleshooting."

Edited by StephanSimpson

Yeah, i'm thinking about playing Clicker Heroes...at least I don't get disappointed with that game unlike this game.

I can't even log into the website when I click My SWTOR.

You seriously think a simple reboot or an ipconfig /release /renew is going to fix whatever issue they are having? LMFAO get real bro.

You seriously think a simple reboot or an ipconfig /release /renew is going to fix whatever issue they are having? LMFAO get real bro.

I've seen some crazy stuff...like not having a mouse plugged into a computer keeping it from booting into the OS.

Get used to it around here. A lot of folks think they're hardware engineers and/ or programmers.

Get used to it around here. A lot of folks think they're hardware engineers and/ or programmers.

I'm a maintenance tech that had to rewrite software engineer's programs because they made the adjustment routine not work correctly. I've also fixed some Access databases that were screwed up beyond repair. It's not fun taking a month fixing a database that I could've rewritten in a couple days. But they wanted that database to work.

From the start of the game way back when until now, I'd have to give them an 80% chance that maintenance will be extended anytime they have maintenance.

It should be simple:

Step 1 - Take Authentication Server offline

Step 2 - run update program on individual "servers"

Step 3 - reboot servers(fully power off and on)

Step 4- make coffee and wait 2 hours

Step 5 - make sure servers are "up"

Step 6 - reboot Authentication Server

Step 7 - make players happy by not extending maintenance

Bioware, i'll send you a bill for $150,000 because I just made updating your game very simple.

Dont worry it will be up till USA prime time :D

yes, but get this (and try to understand it) computer issues /= software/program issues.

I did electronic maintenance for 12 years. Changing circuits cards out and what not. You'd be shocked that people will try to write a program for a certain computer(a MAC) and try to install it on Windows and expect it to run. Even says on the package that it's for a MAC.

I've also dealt with hardware issues. Video cards going bad and RAM sticks taking a dump(literally). I've done both sides of the house...hardware and software. I always go for the easy fix 1st and that's rebooting.

I'm a maintenance tech that had to rewrite software engineer's programs because they made the adjustment routine not work correctly. I've also fixed some Access databases that were screwed up beyond repair. It's not fun taking a month fixing a database that I could've rewritten in a couple days. But they wanted that database to work.

I too am a tech, and still you are an idiot who truly does not know what he is talking about, but please go on...

Solution: Stop making the patch/update service dependent on the login service.

A: We are sorry, but your suggestion does not conform to the 'new math' complication method, nor the consumer confusion and irritation process, and therefore can not be supported or endorsed by Ewok, Jawa & Ewok Developers Mismanagement Consortium.

I too am a tech, and still you are an idiot who truly does not know what he is talking about, but please go on...

My Card:

Pardon me. I am somewhat of a bull slinger myself, but occasionally I like to listen to a professional.

Please Carry On

fixt

Edited by Kaveat

Get real, people. The game is built on top of a Hero Engine from 2005 or so. It took 5+ years to make the game. During that process they (from what I recall reading) basically rewrote tons of the engine to be able to do the game in the first place. I can't even begin to imagine the rats nest spaghetti the game has become over 6 years of patching, mending, cutting, pasting and adding to it. :)

I did electronic maintenance for 12 years. Changing circuits cards out and what not. You'd be shocked that people will try to write a program for a certain computer(a MAC) and try to install it on Windows and expect it to run. Even says on the package that it's for a MAC.

I've also dealt with hardware issues. Video cards going bad and RAM sticks taking a dump(literally). I've done both sides of the house...hardware and software. I always go for the easy fix 1st and that's rebooting.

how can people write a program for a mac if it already comes in a package that says mac, makes no sense...unless you mean they bought a program which specified mac compatibility and then tried installing on windows (but that would mean they did not write the program themselves).