Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Valkorian think he saved my life?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why does Valkorian think he saved my life?

DarthTyranid
04.13.2019 , 11:08 PM | #1
When the Inquisitor resists Valk and his powers tget get stabbed by Arcann.

Valkorian seems to think saved the Inquisitor from certain death.

But the force ghosts bound to the inquisitor make it impossible for them to die unless the force ghosts are also destroyed. And Arcann doesn't even know about them let alone the rituals to destroy them.

Is Valkorian also unaware of the Force Ghosts? I assumes since he was within the mind of the Inquisitor he would know about them, but maybe he is an actual idiot and has not noticed them.

ceryxp
04.14.2019 , 12:16 AM | #2
Honestly, I would chalk it up as just one of the many plot holes in FE/ET that occur due to trying to cram all eight classes into the same story. Some things just are not going to make sense.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SteveTheCynic
04.14.2019 , 02:04 AM | #3
Valkorion is well acquainted with the concept of lying to people to manipulate them.

It's accurate to say that he *said* that he saved my life. We don't know whether he is telling the truth, and indeed the events in Chapter IX of KotET suggest strongly that much of what he told you was less than totally truthful.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Zeerastul
04.14.2019 , 02:06 AM | #4
or maybe those spirits are nothing to Valkorion and he just doesn't care, if you haven't noticed the only thing he cares about is getting your character to in his words ie "let him in" to use his powers. He has a one track mind and as I mentioned he is centuries old they are nothing to him. He just wants to take over your body completely and use it as his new body just like he has done with countless others. Someone as powerful as him can easily keep someone alive for years like he was doing till Lana showed up, even Lana says that you are dying

starwarsfansix
04.14.2019 , 09:29 AM | #5
As another guy said - plot hole. I've come to the point where I have accepted my headcanon as, well, canon and am just using the expansions as basis upon which to build upon.

FlameYOL
04.14.2019 , 10:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Valkorion is well acquainted with the concept of lying to people to manipulate them.

It's accurate to say that he *said* that he saved my life. We don't know whether he is telling the truth, and indeed the events in Chapter IX of KotET suggest strongly that much of what he told you was less than totally truthful.
^This, that and not every SI has kept the ghosts.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

BradTheImpaler
04.14.2019 , 02:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
^This, that and not every SI has kept the ghosts.
Not to mention who Valkorion is. If there was anything left of those ghosts, he *definitely* either obliterates or suppresses them in his own attempt to control you.
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

MadDutchman
04.15.2019 , 09:12 PM | #8
I haven't taken an SI through KOTET recently but I seem to recall a convo track mentioning that Valkorian consumes them.

You certainly do get a convo option comparing the ghosts to Valkorian, in the past tense.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

MikeCobalt
04.22.2019 , 01:43 AM | #9
Same B.S. as Kreia was doing Years earlier. Twisting facts or in some cases.. creating their own facts to *Alter your Resolve. "Stop thinking how you were, and Start thinking How I want you to". Lana saved the PCs life that's what I think, not much longer the Poisoning (If there really was any) woulda killed the PC, it was Lana in either case that released the PC from the Carbonite poison or not. BioWare put a very big effort to make Valkorian seem quite "Stately", Well spoken, Intelligent and Powerful but that doesn't change he Lies to change your perspective and morale's.