700 Skill reset back to 600 even if you paid the 500k to unlock it. Seriously?

Sarova

As title. In case you didn't read it BW: 700 Skill reset back to 600 even if you paid the 500k to unlock it. Seriously? What the actual /insert fave swear.

You were supposed to have reinstated this for those of us who got put back to 600/600 even though we PAID FOR THE 700 UNLOCK AND LEVELLED THE SKILL. Please advise one whether this will be fixed / whether it's safe to re-buy the skill / whether you are trolling us. How long are we going to have to keep paying for the unlock??

As title. In case you didn't read it BW: 700 Skill reset back to 600 even if you paid the 500k to unlock it. Seriously? What the actual /insert fave swear.

You were supposed to have reinstated this for those of us who got put back to 600/600 even though we PAID FOR THE 700 UNLOCK AND LEVELLED THE SKILL. Please advise one whether this will be fixed / whether it's safe to re-buy the skill / whether you are trolling us. How long are we going to have to keep paying for the unlock??

Same happened to me on several characters, anyone that had logged in since the bug got reset to 600, those that hadn't went back to normal with the last patch. That seems like a pretty glaring error on the devs.

Same happened to me on several characters, anyone that had logged in since the bug got reset to 600, those that hadn't went back to normal with the last patch. That seems like a pretty glaring error on the devs.

They also explicit mentioned that they would be addressing it further in the next patch. So before you spew fire, be patient, if you cannot wait, purchase it and re-level.

They also explicit mentioned that they would be addressing it further in the next patch. So before you spew fire, be patient, if you cannot wait, purchase it and re-level.

The patch notes state:

Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value

We're (or at least I am) reporting that those of us who were affected prior to 0100 UTC on 25th June, re-purchased the skill & started re-levelling it were again reduced from 700 to 600 (with any levelling progress lost) with the latest fix instead of having that skill restored. From previous experience they won't be refunding any of those costs for re-purchasing 700 skill. It would be far better if they just issued an update stating that gathering skill at max level is broken and not to re-purchase until they fully fix it. They stated they were fixing it in the patch but broke it even more (there's a thread in general about this), so it's hard to trust what they say.

yep, their statement of 'affected before this specific date and time' was a shot in the dark. All my 70+ toons were unlocked to 700 before the specific date, but only a few show their 6xx/700 restored, more are stuck back to 600/600, which seems to be the common issue.

On the plus side (so far), the ones I had maxed are no longer showing the screwball 700/600, but have not logged all of them back in as yet, so we shall see.

I’m also in the position where the bug wasn’t properly fixed.

1. I have 55+ Characters and don’t login with every one, every week.

2. I had ones that were 700/700 before 6.1 (That I paid 500,000)

3. I had a few newer that were 700/700 after 6.1,1 (that I didn’t pay for)

4. When 6.1.2 bug happened, most of my characters, both ones who had paid 500,000 and some that had not, were reduced to 700/600 or 600/600

5. With 55+ characters, I’d not bothered to check every single one and honestly, I’d not kept records of which ones had paid and which hadn’t.

6. When 6.1.2a was released, I went in to check my characters. Only a handful have had their 700/700 rating returned.

7. Most of my characters have been reduced to 600/600. Including those that I paid to 1.5 million credits on to open up 3 mission/profession to 700.

8. Lets not forget the 10,000+’s in credits it costs in missions to take characters from 600 to 700.

I think the only way they can fix this fairly is if you had characters that were 700/700 before, regardless of if you had paid to open the 600 to 700 training, then you should have that reinstated.

Why? because at no time that I know of did they say before 6.1.2 that the “free” 600 to 700 increase was a bug. So people just assumed they’d done something for crafters and allowed it to automatically increase.

Anyone lvling up missions from 600 to 700 still has to pay for the actual missions.

Also, it’s obvious the system has difficulty in deciphering wether someone had paid or hadn’t paid to open 600 to 700.

The simplest and easiest solution would be to remove the 500,000 requirement permanently. This should include reverting people back to their 700/700 status if they had made it to 700.

• 11 months later...