Meta classes and specs?

sinfulace

All classes are viable, but some are more polarized than others because they perform much better in support role games than in pure 4 dps.

If you want something which is good in every format, pick fury mara/lightning sorc/operative/arsenal merc/MM sniper.

To climb on jugg/pt with less of a grind you should always sync with healers because you bring good survivability and guard.

Sin is good in 4dps and does okay in healer games, although other offguard classes shine much more with healers than sin does.

For warrior/knight classes it's quite important to use force bound set if you want to maximize your chances of winning.

the game is much more balanced then it was years ago, pretty much every class has at-least one viable spec for pvp.

you still have some issues like guarding, heal/tank combos and class stacking.

Balanced? No. Homogeneous? Yes = Unfun

Balanced? No. Homogeneous? Yes = Unfun

i'll take it over any one class stomping everything cough sins/juggs/mara/snipers cough

excuse me i think i got that 19 thing :rak_03:

remember when juggs could force smash teams to death

pepper ridge farm remembers

Edited by Turn-XGundam

i'll take it over any one class stomping everything cough sins/juggs/mara/snipers cough

excuse me i think i got that 19 thing :rak_03:

remember when juggs could force smash teams to death

pepper ridge farm remembers

That was maras, not Juggs with force smash. And that was in 1.2, lol. Long time ago.

There’s not a lot of balance in this game. And too many classes now have similar abilities and we lose that uniqueness.

Too much mobility, stuns, slows, passives and cross class cloned abilities have crept into the game over the years. It would be more fun if a lot of these were stripped back to 1.2 LvLs and then Classes reworked to make them balanced (ie no 1.2 smash monkeys)

Also, hope you feel better soon. I’ve already had the covid thing back in March and I’m still suffering side effects. Just take it easy, look after yourself and get plenty of rest because pushing yourself only makes the recovery period longer.

That was maras, not Juggs with force smash. And that was in 1.2, lol. Long time ago.

There’s not a lot of balance in this game. And too many classes now have similar abilities and we lose that uniqueness.

Too much mobility, stuns, slows, passives and cross class cloned abilities have crept into the game over the years. It would be more fun if a lot of these were stripped back to 1.2 LvLs and then Classes reworked to make them balanced (ie no 1.2 smash monkeys)

Also, hope you feel better soon. I’ve already had the covid thing back in March and I’m still suffering side effects. Just take it easy, look after yourself and get plenty of rest because pushing yourself only makes the recovery period longer.

you understood my point exactly, thank you.

I would argue that 1.2 still was better even with all that smashmonkeys running around.

What classes have become now it is a joke, bad joke, IHMO.

Juggs were hitting just as hard in that spec back then. The reason mara was so dominate was because of the set bonus and talents. Undying Rage was literally a 45s CD with all the CD reduction stuff. Crazy, but the nerf was overkill imo. 3 min CD on that ability now is asinine.

you understood my point exactly, thank you.

I would argue that 1.2 still was better even with all that smashmonkeys running around.

What classes have become now it is a joke, bad joke, IHMO.

I agree. Smash was crazy, but overall it was so much better back then. There's so much survivability now its just stupid.

Edited by Raansu

Juggs were hitting just as hard in that spec back then. The reason mara was so dominate was because of the set bonus and talents. Undying Rage was literally a 45s CD with all the CD reduction stuff. Crazy, but the nerf was overkill imo. 3 min CD on that ability now is asinine.

I agree. Smash was crazy, but overall it was so much better back then. There's so much survivability now its just stupid.

I was thinking juggs were also OP with the smashmonkey stuff too, but didn't want to wade into those waters I played that class the least of all of them. I just remember juggs being hated for a short period of time and they were called smashmonkeys I thought, too.

smash monkeys was bad, it was op trash. i made a jugg during that time. it was so easy to dominate in pvp lmao especially scound/merc/sorc ez prey

now the classes are balanced, it just that TTK is to high. they need to buff the crit and damage on all abilities across the board. 50~70k common crits will let you melt people fast

smash monkeys was bad, it was op trash. i made a jugg during that time. it was so easy to dominate in pvp lmao especially scound/merc/sorc ez prey

now the classes are balanced, it just that TTK is to high. they need to buff the crit and damage on all abilities across the board. 50~70k common crits will let you melt people fast

lol I had a jugg then too, only time I played the class a lot. Maybe cuz it was OP'd rofl. I did well on it then hahaha. Afterwards, the class made changes I fell more into ranged classes and heals.

Edited by Lhancelot

Classes back then were more balanced than they are now. Everyone actually died back then. The only class with over the top survivability was marauder due to them having a 45s CD on undying rage.

Classes back then were more balanced than they are now. Everyone actually died back then. The only class with over the top survivability was marauder due to them having a 45s CD on undying rage.

Haven't played in 5.0 but honestly PVP balance wise it is the worst it has been imho.

Fun wise for sure.

Haven't played in 5.0 but honestly PVP balance wise it is the worst it has been imho.

Fun wise for sure.

Right now? Ya its terrible. Health pools are too large and too many classes have self healing skills now.

Right now? Ya its terrible. Health pools are too large and too many classes have self healing skills now.

Yes right now.

Indeed selfhealing was unique to some classes that were designed around that, now every class has it without intended downsides...

like i said overall balance is fine, they need to decrease time to kill across the board, that requires buffs to all damage abilities

will they do it??

like i said overall balance is fine, they need to decrease time to kill across the board, that requires buffs to all damage abilities

will they do it??

I don't think burst/damage needs a buff. I think overall utility and survivability needs a nerf.....or to be blunt, needs to be removed. A lot of these self heal and invulnerability mechanics need to go away and the amount of stuns/roots needs to be toned down to compensate for the removal of said utilities.

Enraged defense probably should be redesigned to be more of a defensive tool instead of a H2F skill.

Predation on marauders imo should be team wide only if they don't take the CD utility. If they take the utility to make it a 30s CD ability then its only applied to the marauder. Or just remove the utility completely and make the ability by default a 30s CD that only applies to the marauder.

Bubble stun? Needs to go away.

Heal utility for bubble and barrier? Needs to go. Especially that 4% stack with enduring bastion.

Utilities that let you move while casting need to go.

Damage reduction while stunned utilities need to go.

The invulnerability on roll needs to go.

The HoTs for scoundrel need to go back to being healer only.

The self heal stuff with snipers. Same, needs to go. Don't even get me started with the BS that is entrench. You can't interrupt them, you can't stun them, you can't leap to them, when you finally get to them the roll away or teleport away or knock you back.......stupid. I hate this class with a passion.

Heal to full off mercs reflect skill? Needs to go away. I'm cool with them adding like a damage reduction along with the reflect, but the healing aspect needs to go. Same with reactive shield utility that gives them a stack of heals and their addrenaline rush needs to go back to 30% cap.

There's a whole lot more, but I think you get the point. A lot of this garbage came about soley to make classes work in solo ranked, which imo was a huge mistake.

Edited by Raansu

I don't think burst/damage needs a buff. I think overall utility and survivability needs a nerf.....or to be blunt, needs to be removed. A lot of these self heal and invulnerability mechanics need to go away and the amount of stuns/roots needs to be toned down to compensate for the removal of said utilities.

Enraged defense probably should be redesigned to be more of a defensive tool instead of a H2F skill.

Predation on marauders imo should be team wide only if they don't take the CD utility. If they take the utility to make it a 30s CD ability then its only applied to the marauder. Or just remove the utility completely and make the ability by default a 30s CD that only applies to the marauder.

Heal utility for bubble and barrier? Needs to go. Especially that 4% stack with enduring bastion.

The self heal stuff with snipers. Same, needs to go. Don't even get me started with the BS that is entrench. You can't interrupt them, you can't stun them, you can't leap to them, when you finally get to them the roll away or teleport away or knock you back.......stupid. I hate this class with a passion.

Heal to full off mercs reflect skill? Needs to go away. I'm cool with them adding like a damage reduction along with the reflect, but the healing aspect needs to go. Same with reactive shield utility that gives them a stack of heals and their addrenaline rush needs to go back to 30% cap.

There's a whole lot more, but I think you get the point. A lot of this garbage came about soley to make classes work in solo ranked, which imo was a huge mistake.

This ^ 100% correct.

will they do it??

No, damge wise all is good. Overall balance is bad.

Your solutions changes nothing.

Agree with a fair bit of that. I would say a couple are little too far if other changes aren’t also addressed to compensate. But I think the gist of what your saying is close, so I won’t argue semantics on small details.

The self heal stuff with snipers. Same, needs to go. Don't even get me started with the BS that is entrench. You can't interrupt them, you can't stun them, you can't leap to them, when you finally get to them the roll away or teleport away or knock you back.......stupid.I hate this class with a passion.

Yep...