Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commanding Legacy and mirror classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commanding Legacy and mirror classes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

revjasonlee
10.10.2017 , 01:47 PM | #51
It would have been nice to know this before the daily areas were "fixed".

casirabit
10.10.2017 , 01:51 PM | #52
I have to agree the way it was worded was very misleading. If it was per base class it should have been stated as such. They way it was wrote led people to believe any 4 classes not one from each base class.

I know if I had done that in my law class my teacher would have lecture me on the correct way to present the facts.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

menofhorror
10.10.2017 , 01:53 PM | #53
Yea, I am sorry but this is stupid.
Was communicating this properly that hard Bioware Austin? Always with the same stupid mistakes, it's frustrating.

Manathayria
10.10.2017 , 01:54 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
This really ticks me off, I have 5 toons at CXP rank 300. 2 Sages, 1 smuggler, 1 commando, and 1 sorc. Now I have to grind all of those levels on a class I do not enjoy playing? Seriously WTH? I want some clarification on this, because this is not what we were told in the roadmap.
I ended up doing each of the 4 base classes, I didn't expect a catch but honestly it makes sense.

Why would they let you level 4 of the 'easiest' class to get to 300 w/stealth or with high damage when they can require you get a more rounded experience?

That said..... I really hate how they decided to do this. It said 4 characters, not 4 different classes (or base classes) I got damn lucky with the fact I wanted to level my sorc(dps) warrior(tank) operative(heals) and merc(heals). Had I not had plans for those four I would be much MUCH more upset than I currently am.

While I get the idea that 'but sniper is different from operative' it's an advance class, not the base class. While your AP can't be changed, you originally had to pick base class, then pick AP in game, so had they explained it, they likely still would have fallen short of the mark.

Now looking at the GC achievements and the perk under the achievements, it shows an achievement for each of the base classes hitting 300 - they should have at a minimum based the perk on having 4/8 of those achievements.

Another thing I dislike with this perk, it does not show anything in the legacy perks window that indicates it's properly there. It just has the original perk that says it stacks for the 4 base archtypes.

menofhorror
10.10.2017 , 01:56 PM | #55
Once again, there is always a catch with Bioware Austin. Like with the Umbara stronghold cap it's again another communication failure. This company man...

Costello
10.10.2017 , 01:59 PM | #56
Fair to say the Devs always find new ways to twist things to make them worse.

Thankfully if you want to keep your characters name you have to subscribe so it doesn't matter for the next month what they do subscribe or lose your characters name and try and come up with a new name at this point.

Quraswren
10.10.2017 , 02:00 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Manathayria View Post
SNIP...

Why would they let you level 4 of the 'easiest' class to get to 300 w/stealth or with high damage when they can require you get a more rounded experience?

Snip...
Going by that logic, I think most might have been Ok with the same classes not counting but a sage and a shadow play entirely two different ways and that works for most adv. classes.

Those characters should be counted individually. They are nothing alike. The base classes means nothing.

How the hell bioware missed telling us this limitation is a problem especially so now that cxp has been neutered.

Now it makes me wonder what else bioware is holding back that is actually different than what was presented and told.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

PhantomWarlock
10.10.2017 , 02:04 PM | #58
Can we please get a comment on this? This was clearly not what was advertised or what the patchnotes say ("The “Commanding Legacy” perk has been modified to allow a player to get a 25% CXP bonus for each character they have in their Legacy at Command Rank 300. This buff stacks up to 100%."). I have worked pretty hard to get 3 characters to rank 300 and having those only count as 2 because I leveled an Assassin and a Sorc feels like a punch in the gut...
GM of <Demolition>
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/k3cJSF

I licked it, so it's mine.

Jdast
10.10.2017 , 02:24 PM | #59
At risk of piling on...

I think it is fair to say that over time we begin to get a sense of the personalities and posting styles, particularly of regular posters here on this forum.

I think it is fair to say that regardless of category; i.e., "pessimist" vs "optimist" or "jerk" vs. "sweet brilliance like Dasty" ...

There is complete unanimity on this point. Setting aside the poor (well, complete lack) of accurate info communicated, it is also difficult to justify this decision logically. As pointed out before, so I won't belabor the point: Several of the so-called mirror classes play nothing alike and have completely different class armor sets.

I'm fortunate and have all the archetype classes raised, but I particularly feel for some who made a conscious decision to raise certain classes with the CXP Daily Bug (something you guys encouraged) and are now the collateral damage.

Dasty

darthscotty
10.10.2017 , 02:33 PM | #60
/tinfoil hat on

Just a coincidence that they drop this on us as soon as the cxp gravy train comes to an end? What was communicated is in no way similar to what the reality is.

/tinfoil hat off
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.