Hybrid Pvp specc..need opinions

Vaelestra

I have been playing around with sage and I am still quite low level. My main focus lies with pvping and occasional PVE. When I started to play Swtor I decided I wanted to be a healer. However, after playing a few hours of pvp, my opinion so far is that a healer needs more than just healing skills. This is how I came up with this specc. It has a few slowing abilities and a lot of instant fun and procs.

As I did not play in Beta and because I am still very inexperienced in this game I hope you all can help me out with this build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRbdbzZZcMfosMz.1

Thanks a lot for the help.

Vael.

Edited by Vaelestra
Another specc added

Maybe it's my DAoC background, but like you, I don't quite get the all of the 'must have' mono spec builds; given that groups are only 4 people.

This is what I came up with:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhMRbbZf00MZcrcMRM.1

Balance: max out force lift

Telekinetics: grab +force basics and max out force armour

Seer: as many points as possible.

--

With your build (the dual instants) you'll be much better at dealing with bursty damage all over the group -- mine has more forced for sustained damage...

Specifically for your build I'm surprised that you didn't take [balanced] Pinning Resolve or Critical Kinesis. Also most folks seem to regard [Telekinetics] Inner Strength / Mental Longetivity as must takes -- so if there were any points that you just dumped you might want to put them there instead.

Your build is similar to what I did.

I am now level 50, and leveld for the last 20 levels or so, like this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbd0zZrZcMcRs0z.1

However I would not recommend it,

The top tier talents are simply too good to let up on - i simply felt lacking in all aspects, I could not hold my own well ENOUGH to fight off someone equal in skill and level - and as I had specced utility/damage in the balance tree I did not get enough healing power or "free force" from noble sacrifice talent in Seer tree.

As much as I do like alternate routes I simply think that the top tier talents in all trees are too important to pass up on - this from someone who tried it.

Hope it helped,

cheers

Ya, I can see where only putting some points in Balance would put you being in terms of DPS -- for me I was looking at what I could do to maximize Force Lift (though I did have second thoughts about the value of this; given the shorter CC times in PvP).

How did the spec work you in pve?

Your build is similar to what I did.

I am now level 50, and leveld for the last 20 levels or so, like this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRbd0zZrZcMcRs0z.1

H

As much as I do like alternate routes I simply think that the top tier talents in all trees are too important to pass up on - this from someone who tried it.

Hope it helped,

cheers

Hey Adam,

Thanks for helping out here :). I am still looking forward to see if this build is going to work, force and hot key wise. I am already totally occupied with all the bind and I am looking forward to throw away spells i do not use that often. The biggest weakness of this specc is the force consumption. I think with all the instant casts, force will run out really fast. Putting 2 points into Mental Longevity will help as 100 force is quite a lot (even though it is just a hard number and in the long term is around 2-4 more casts whereas force reduction talents start to be effective after 10 casts, which brings me to the next point: What is the perfect balance? What if I still have force left, but no health? In other words; will I die with loads of force left, or will I actually kill the opponent and half a sliver of force left because of the extra damage / slow / cc effects. If i want to get the 100 force extra (imo the best option for pvp, because of the shorter life span) I would either lose the capability to slow whole teams or kite 1on1 with weaken mind OR I will lose a very strong instant CC capability. At this moment I am more leaning towards the extra possibilities of slow and instant CC than 100 force....

This will be my spec at 50 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GoroZfcrMdoMut.1

I am aiming to be mainly dps with enough healing ability to keep myself up or help another healer in a time of need. I find Sage has less ability to kep themselves alive unless they are full healing spec (heals are too slow) and I intend on doing all pvp in an organised group or at least with a healer. I plan to be about 50/50 PvP/PvE so this is another reason to take the healing talents however I do want to try out a spec putting those 11 points into Balance to see if that makes a difference.

I have been playing around with sage and I am still quite low level. My main focus lies with pvping and occasional PVE. When I started to play Swtor I decided I wanted to be a healer. However, after playing a few hours of pvp, my opinion so far is that a healer needs more than just healing skills. This is how I came up with this specc. It has a few slowing abilities and a lot of instant fun and procs.

As I did not play in Beta and because I am still very inexperienced in this game I hope you all can help me out with this build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRbdbzZZcMfosMz.1

Thanks a lot for the help.

Vael.

That's very close to the hybrid pvp builds I saw in beta. I have no experience with them myself, but I know several people had success with it provided they knew how when to hold (nuke) and when to fold (escape and heal).

I'm assuming with that spec that you're doing a lot of dmg with your TKthrow (and dots of course), so why not grab critical kinesis? It's 10% extra crit chance on your best dmging ability. I just don't see much of a need to grab focused insight with a hybrid seer build. Another alternative would be to get rid of containment instead. I'm on the fence as to how valuable this talent is in pvp, as the instant cast helps but most people will blow their CD to get out of it instantly anyways, and those that don't tend to get broken early, meaning you just doubled their resolve bar with that extra stun tacked on the end.

Just my opinion, but then again, I'd never try something like this. I feel tanky enough with force armor and some pvp gear.

This will be my spec at 50 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GoroZfcrMdoMut.1

I am aiming to be mainly dps with enough healing ability to keep myself up or help another healer in a time of need. I find Sage has less ability to kep themselves alive unless they are full healing spec (heals are too slow) and I intend on doing all pvp in an organised group or at least with a healer. I plan to be about 50/50 PvP/PvE so this is another reason to take the healing talents however I do want to try out a spec putting those 11 points into Balance to see if that makes a difference.

11 seer is not the way to go, the hot heals next to nothing. you need at least 2/2 conveyance. also TK needs more points in it to shine, so not as hybrid friendly as balance, where you only need 16 points to get FiB and PoM

I'm also going for some 21/2/16 build, not sure where to put the last 2 points. serenity, containment, inner strength and to a lesser extend confound all look kinda tasty on paper.

That's very close to the hybrid pvp builds I saw in beta. I have no experience with them myself, but I know several people had success with it provided they knew how when to hold (nuke) and when to fold (escape and heal).

---> I'm assuming with that spec that you're doing a lot of dmg with your TKthrow (and dots of course), so why not grab critical kinesis? It's 10% extra crit chance on your best dmging ability.

Just my opinion, but then again, I'd never try something like this. I feel tanky enough with force armor and some pvp gear.

Hey thanks for replying,

Defo a good comment. While i was clicking around with the calc, I also ditched the focused insight skill. 10% crit is just too good to pass on.

The reason why I took healing is because I wanted to start with healing in PVP. But because so far healing is that as good as I expected it to be (read is not similar as in WOW). I think I am going to like it to be able to ditch good damage and at the same time be a quite effective healer... or maybe I am just stubborn.