An idea

Spasi

I know i have been hardspamming this forum about the issues sentinel/marauder have. Today i'd like to give an idea that's probably the best thing they can do about the class. In pvp Force Camo has been an issue since the introduction of defel spliced genes tactical. Being able to camo a lot more than normal is very powerful and makes the class essentially immortal in regs if you want it to be. I have had games with no healer or tanks and still had like 1-2 deaths max. The idea is:

Change the utility that gives damage on next attack after camo to this. Force camo now doesnt put you in stealth, but the effects don't break on attack. That was the class doesn't get overloaded, as it loses one of its most useful utility skills but gains a pure godsend when it comes to pvp and some pve fights. All that needs to be changed for this to work is maybe defel tactical needs to be reworked. Tbh if that tactical is reworked changing camo wont be necessary but doing this will be extremely valuable to Carnage/combat and watchman/annihilation.

What are your thoughts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the current total effects of standard effects and utilities if taken to alter Force Camo:

6 seconds stealth duration

50% damage reduction

Threat reduction

Builds up to 12 stacks of Hidden Advance which give 4% damage increase per stack to next melee attack

Cleanses all cleansable negative effects

Does not break combat regardless of taken utilities.

I fail to understand how this is overpowered in PvP as I haven't played it in forever. Does it actually break combat there? If not, it just means you can't attack them for up to 6 seconds (unless you have a stealth detection ability) and while they're building Hidden Advance (if they have that utility) you have those 6 seconds to prepare for a potentially big incoming hit with your own DCDs. I can see where the inability to attack them can turn into an effective 100% DR for 6 seconds, but if you have an AoE ability that causes damage, they're still going to take that half that damage if they stay in its effect radius. The fact the abilities break on performing a damaging attack means they can't hit you without consequence either. You want to give them a hard 50% DR no matter what as long as you can see them?

I have a hard time swallowing the loss of camo in a PvE setting because of what's going on in PvP.

• 2 weeks later...
I know i have been hardspamming this forum about the issues sentinel/marauder have. Today i'd like to give an idea that's probably the best thing they can do about the class. In pvp Force Camo has been an issue since the introduction of defel spliced genes tactical. Being able to camo a lot more than normal is very powerful and makes the class essentially immortal in regs if you want it to be. I have had games with no healer or tanks and still had like 1-2 deaths max. The idea is:

Change the utility that gives damage on next attack after camo to this. Force camo now doesnt put you in stealth, but the effects don't break on attack. That was the class doesn't get overloaded, as it loses one of its most useful utility skills but gains a pure godsend when it comes to pvp and some pve fights. All that needs to be changed for this to work is maybe defel tactical needs to be reworked. Tbh if that tactical is reworked changing camo wont be necessary but doing this will be extremely valuable to Carnage/combat and watchman/annihilation.

What are your thoughts

Are you suggesting that Force Camo with Defel Spliced Genes AND the utility allows for the extra damage of the utility without the benefit of stealthing the Sentinel? And what effect does not break on attack? The boosted damage which slowly ticks for as long as you're in force camo after it is activated, but with your change is now not broken when attacking? So, you're asking for another force clarity, essentially, is that right?

That's a complicated setup for the damage boon, and people would probably complain if you could combine it with Force Clarity. It would need to be tested and I am not sure I like that idea. Changes the class too much.

Edited by Sappharan