Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

EricMusco

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of people have valid comments about the Unassembled Components. The only reason to double the cost and the pay outs is if 1 unassembled component from disintegration in the current setup would be too many. As they can't give .5 of a component they have to double the cost of everything so it would in effect be .5 in todays values.

It would be really nice to know who is making the decisions, as it seems that they really don't like the players of this game. They decide that rng is too much of a factor so disintegration now gives components. However they don't really want to make this a viable route to the gear so they make it so it gives almost no components. Where is the logic in that agree that something isn't working and then put in a fix that does almost nothing to fix it.

Now all this is pretty bad, but its made worse by the lack of any direction this game is taking. Is it focusing on grouping actives, with 2 op bosses and 1 flashpoint so far it hardly seems the case. To see how it goes I pugged the new op bosses, I think we burnt through it in less than 20 mins. There wasn't a lot too it, annoyingly I can't seem to get back to the Heralds and see if there was any more story. Not exactly catering to the group content crowd. Story and solo play has been one chapter and one daily area so not exactly great. While the reskined PvP map has been delayed.

At what point does it seem like whoever it is making these changes appears to have some very strange idea about keeping the game going. If not for the loyal players and the IP what has been added to the game to make people sit up and think thats a damn fine place to be taking TOR.

Edited by Costello

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

@eric,

what will happen to the UC we currently have, will those be rolled into tokens? Or should we spend what we currently have before the update?

Closer to 5.6 and we absolutely still have zero feedback. I almost feel that the intent is malciious and they truly have no plans of doubling UC stockpiles we have already earned.

Eric/Keith - just give us a confirmation please. I am sure you can read this. If no doubling because you want to manage our progress for those that planned ahead, fine, then that’s a shame. If it was a mistake and you guys are working on fixing it but its in progress, then good to know. But the silence is deafening. We have been waiting for details on UC legacy implementation since the roadmap was announced and we get one dev post last week that just opens more questions.

Closer to 5.6 and we absolutely still have zero feedback. I almost feel that the intent is malciious and they truly have no plans of doubling UC stockpiles we have already earned.

Eric/Keith - just give us a confirmation please. I am sure you can read this. If no doubling because you want to manage our progress for those that planned ahead, fine, then that’s a shame. If it was a mistake and you guys are working on fixing it but its in progress, then good to know. But the silence is deafening. We have been waiting for details on UC legacy implementation since the roadmap was announced and we get one dev post last week that just opens more questions.

My guess (just a guess!) is that they will not be doubling them. Not because they're being malicious, but because they have to draw the line somewhere. That line will be the update, where everything from that point forward is double.

If they double our stockpiles during the update, what happens to the people who earned UCs during the same time period (before the update), but spent them 1 week, or 1 day, or 1 hour before the update? Not everyone reads the forums and they'll just read the patch notes when the update drops. Those people would have a legitimate gripe, if they miss out on the chance to double their stack.

They won't say a word until patch notes. Then it's likely one of two things happen: (1) Missing from patch notes and they apologize like every other left out on purpose like update (2) Wait until the patch notes since it's likely bad news and then just drop the microphone. People will scream and they will just sit by and ride the wave as more sub's leave. After which they will post something about working to adjust, but will take 2-3 months to fix something that could have been a short click. All because some bean counter in the back room said we should only get XX UC's per disintegration. FYI - i think it's the same guy that does the balancing on character classes vs PVE content.

At this point - I'd be happy to see them publish a conversion ratio of 2:1 for existing UC's, BUT since it's Bioware and they still think RNG is exciting we will get 1:1 "IF" we are lucky and nothing if unlucky. Classic bait/switch - State QoL feature upgrade and then tweak it to the point that it actually creates more grind for gear. Clever marketing ploy.

If they double our stockpiles during the update, what happens to the people who earned UCs during the same time period (before the update), but spent them 1 week, or 1 day, or 1 hour before the update? Not everyone reads the forums and they'll just read the patch notes when the update drops. Those people would have a legitimate gripe, if they miss out on the chance to double their stack.

If they spent then 1 week or 1 hour prior, then they bought from old rates. Nothing lost. Remember, prices are being doubled post update. So if they earned 270 UC and bought an item pre-update for also 270. Net zero.

In fact, given your argument of legiitmate gripe for not reading patch notes — then all the more the need to double stockpiles. If you do not read patch notes: You go to bed with 270 UC, you wake up, and items cost double — what was 270 in cost is now 540. All of a sudden, after going to bed, you cannot buy an upgrade. Now that is a legitimate gripe.

Hence, stacks MUST BE doubled.

Edited by antonmb

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

Not really thrilled with any of this. Why make it a stackable item when like I am hoping you do with credits you can just make it a currency like it already is but with no limit. It seems clunky and messy.

So you double the costs, and the pay out.....why do that other than to make all current items worth half as much. That seems needlessly mean to devalue time already put in.

Shame another possible good thing, killed at the start.

And seriously can you stop mitigating the RNG and just remove it. Get rid of GC/RNG once and for all.

Why do people do this? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they don't understand you. So then you say this to insulate yourself further from debate. It's like you're afraid of being wrong. There is no right or wrong. Tribalism is far too rampant.

I'm not trying to be tribal, but I have explained myself so many times and he obviously does not understand me. His replies refer to "making up" for lost UCs with saving up loot crates to open after 5.6 drops and those give you UCs. Firstly, I've never included any saved up loot crates in this discussion because that assumes someone has been doing that (which not all have!), and it has nothing to do with the point about the value of previously earned currency.

He has also stated that he has no intention of changing his mind, no matter how many facts or how much support/back up we provide for our arguments.

Sometimes, talking to a brick wall gets you nowhere. That's really it. I'm not insulating myself from anything. If someone can have a discussion about this, hearing the points that have been made (not only by me, by the way but several others) and justify why Bioware would double rewards from all sources, double the cost, but devalue the UCs already obtained by people - I'm perfectly willing to concede. So far, I haven't heard anything that comes close and still feel like it is not a good idea to cut our past efforts in half. They are simply overlooking this down side - to our detriment and theirs (in terms of a happier player base, many of us here since launch).

My guess (just a guess!) is that they will not be doubling them. Not because they're being malicious, but because they have to draw the line somewhere. That line will be the update, where everything from that point forward is double.

But it isn't doubling their stack. It is giving that stack the same value it had BEFORE the update. With prices doubled, but your currency not... you are losing half of the value that those UCs have today due to artificial inflation. If they really do intend for the result to be what Musco posted last week: "This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC." Then spending this week means you've got the total value out of your UCs previously earned (as they have not yet doubled the price).

But it isn't doubling their stack. It is giving that stack the same value it had BEFORE the update. With prices doubled, but your currency not... you are losing half of the value that those UCs have today due to artificial inflation. If they really do intend for the result to be what Musco posted last week: "This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC." Then spending this week means you've got the total value out of your UCs previously earned (as they have not yet doubled the price).

This exactly.

Put another way, if you do spend the UCs before the update, then you don't lose any value (even if they double them) as the cost of everything is also doubled.

It is only if you don't spend them that you lose half the value if they don't double them. And while spending them ahead of time is an option, it's a pretty bad option as most people with lots of UCs don't want gear for their main, they want it for an alt, especially implants/earpieces/relics, which you can't even transfer over.

I must have misread something earlier. If the costs are doubling, then, yes, they absolutely should double our current UC stack. Agreed.

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

-eric

Why double the price and make it take longer to get gear? You are already forcing PVE players to grind and hope it drops out of the Command Crates now that you are making it where UC is only given by disintegrating gear you don’t need which was not mentioned in the original announcement

Galactic Command upgraded disintegrate system – this QoL improvement changes how disintegrate works and instead of CXP gives you legacy-bound Unassembled Components

so this was just added and now you are double the prices on the gear (again was not mentioned at all in the original announcement)?! Enough of this grinding fest for no rewards!

Edited by DarthEnrique

To those interested in the resolution to my request for clarification - there was a response in the other thread that follows:

Hey folks,

Great question! Amidst all of the changes I forgot to talk about what happens with current Unassembled Components (UC). With 5.6 we will be increasing the UC that each player has by the same rate that the item costs are increasing. This way they retain the same value.

Basically it is this:

• The cost of items for UC has been increased.
  • The UC Mission rewards, etc have been increased by that same rate.
  • The UC that you currently possess has been increased by that same rate.

-eric

Thank you again, Eric for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by PennyAnn

[*]New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.

Okay, a little clarification on this. By "does not progress story" do you mean, say, if we boost a character to 70, it doesn't finish/lock out what's left of any stories they have not played through, class stories, Makeb, SoR, etc., or does this mean it does close out further access to those stories and they will no longer be able to play through them?

Okay, a little clarification on this. By "does not progress story" do you mean, say, if we boost a character to 70, it doesn't finish/lock out what's left of any stories they have not played through, class stories, Makeb, SoR, etc., or does this mean it does close out further access to those stories and they will no longer be able to play through them?

Does not close out further access. You are exactly where you were in the story prior to using the token, so if you are a Jedi, you are still chilling on Tython (well, it puts you on your starship so you have it, but you get the idea)

Why double the price and make it take longer to get gear? You are already forcing PVE players to grind and hope it drops out of the Command Crates now that you are making it where UC is only given by disintegrating gear you don’t need which was not mentioned in the original announcement

so this was just added and now you are double the prices on the gear (again was not mentioned at all in the original announcement)?! Enough of this grinding fest for no rewards!

They are literally doubling everything. It won't take any longer to get gear via PVP or Ops w/ UCs. All they are doing is adding in getting UCs from disintegration, so it is a net positive from a UC accrual perspective.

Does not close out further access. You are exactly where you were in the story prior to using the token, so if you are a Jedi, you are still chilling on Tython (well, it puts you on your starship so you have it, but you get the idea)

Yeah, just read the article about that. Appreciate you taking the time to answer as well.

I have a question and I hope that Mr. Musco can give us an answer.

Will there still be a cap of 350.000 credits for prefered players?

Now that credits will become legacy is it possible to at least raise the cap?

I would very much like to know this too.

It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric

Does this also work for preferred players?

[*]Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.

[*]Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).

-eric

Wasn't this the RNG that You guys forced on us in the first place? :rolleyes:

It would seem to give the message that everything is so much easier if you unsub for a year or so and come back when the Dev team have finally got to where they should have been in the first instance.

GL with that.

Edited by Storm-Cutter