Scheduled Maintenance: April 29th, 2014

ServerDroid

On April 29th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.7.1 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday April 29th, 2014

Duration: 6 hours

Time: 1AM PDT (8AM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)*

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

*Times updated 4/28 2PM CDT.

Edited by ServerDroid

Once again, someone at BW messed up the calculations. :rolleyes:

8 AM to 3 PM is seven hours, not five hours. Is maintenance only supposed to last until 1PM GMT? :D

Edit: They fixed it quickly this time. :)

Edited by Jerba

I know they will never fix it, but I am sick of my M1-4X showing his blaster underneath him most of the time. I have already said something on the forums and in game several times with screenshots over the last 3 years and no fix....PLEASE FIX IT!

*gets down on knees*

Oh god Ptach, please impart onto us your might wisdom, lead us into 2.7.1 with knowledge, safety, serenity.

Oh god Ptach, this we pray unto you.

*Cuts open Tauntaun and throws entrails on an alter*

*gets down on knees*

Oh god Ptach, please impart onto us your might wisdom, lead us into 2.7.1 with knowledge, safety, serenity.

Oh god Ptach, this we pray unto you.

*Cuts open Tauntaun and throws entrails on an alter*

Eww, and I thought they smelled bad on the outside. :cool:

So as typical, we should see a tremendous decrease in lag spikes associated with Patch releases? Woohoo!!!!!!

Seriously though it has almost become a joke as the cycle is this:

1. BW releases a patch, lag spikes jump all over the place regardless of the system you use. Inserts about 2 or 3 additional bugs. Maybe 1 annoying long term bug gets fixed.

2. Patch X.X.1 gets released, fixing about 50% of the lag spikes and 1 of the average 2 bugs from patch X.X.0 then makes a new bug.

2a. From here there is a bout a 50/50 split an emergency patch will be released within 1 to 3 days of either the X.X.1 or X.X.2 patch.

3. Patch X.X.2 is released fixing the previous bugs from X.X.0, but not the bug from X.X.1, and lag spikes diminish to levels of 'normal'.

4. Game stabilizes on patch. X.X.3 but that only lasts about 2 to 3 weeks until they release patch X.(X+1).0 and the cycle starts all over again.

I get the bug aspect - literally every system is 'unique' in the combination of versions of systems, conflicting programs, and preferences. I totally understand and it happens especially if fix A solves my issues, but generates problems for system B. It's the lag that annoys the every living heck out of me. I mean literally each patch the server lag goes to hell and I wait for the patch Gods to deliver thy wishes of a fix. Then the GM Copy-N-Paste (FYI - I so want that GM name if I ever am a GM of a online game) blames the internet, the internet backbone, your ISP, and your computer for the issues, but its never ever ever them. However, its funny we can open YouTube videos to see how to fix the lag when spiking, talk on the P2P communication program of your choice, surf the net, get email, etc. but its my computers connection to the net that is the issue....

Felt like doing my complain sharing today. Hope you enjoyed.

Blak

Can't wait for miner to dig out traditional Jedi robes out of there.

Will never happen. Jedi Robes lack the necessary visible e-under bewbs and would be inappropriate for anyone rp'ing mardi gras.

On another note......how are the patch notes not posted at the same time as the announcement? It's the only mmo I've ever played that doesn't have them ready by now. My guess would be BW still has no idea what they're releasing either. It'd explain a lot......

Will never happen. Jedi Robes lack the necessary visible e-under bewbs and would be inappropriate for anyone rp'ing mardi gras.

On another note......how are the patch notes not posted at the same time as the announcement? It's the only mmo I've ever played that doesn't have them ready by now. My guess would be BW still has no idea what they're releasing either. It'd explain a lot......

They don't post ever really for Saturdays/Sundays. Expect them Soon™

• Addressed an issue that could cause a crash in certain Flashpoints, such as Esseles, Black Talon, Boarding Party, and The Foundry.
  • The Bolsterizer has been added to the training area of the Ziost Shadow (Imperial Fleet) and the Gav Daragon (Republic Fleet). Using this console bolsters the character as if he or she had entered a Warzone.
  • Increased the rendering quality of Lightsabers in the Preview Window.
  • Dreadmaster Tyrans no longer places Marked for Death on players affected by Simplification in the Story and Hard Modes of Dread Palace.
  • Rakghoul DNA Canisters are now Bound to Legacy.
  • Gray Helix Components are now Bound to Legacy.
  • Warzone Mission Turn-in Terminals have been added to every Warzone and Warzone Arena.
  • The Warzone Scoreboard now highlights teammates as intended.

Good stuff!

Patch Notes!

Six more will be added after maintenance tomorrow, as they address exploits.

-tw

• Rakghoul DNA Canisters are now Bound to Legacy.
  • Gray Helix Components are now Bound to Legacy.
  • Completed Bounty Contracts can now be traded on the Galactic Trade Network.

Nice! Didn't know those were coming. Good changes :)

EDIT:

• The Marka Ragnos Armor Set now unlocks in Collections if pieces were purchased from the Interplanetary Component Exchange (I.C.E.) vendor.

What about other CM items from the ICE vendor, like the Series 505 armor? Were those unlocking all along? I was under the impression nothing from that vendor unlocked.

Edited by DarthDymond