A possible solution that allows med to small guilds a chance to hit the top 10 in CQ

Arkerus

I have been tossing around this idea that if your guild is NOT in the top 10 on that planet, its gets a small buff to CQ points the next week. For example:

1. First week not in the top 10: 5% buff to CQ points

2. 2nd week not in the top 10: 10% buff to CQ points

3. 3rd week not in the top 10: 15% buff to CQ points.

Reset if you hit top 10.

It would cap at 15%. Now understand, I just made those percentages up to make a point. It could be a lot less or more.

I think this helps the smaller guilds compete if they are just short of a top 10 rank every week. There isn't anything we can really do about tiny guilds that have a handful of members. There isn't a system that can propel them to the top fairly.

It also isn't a huge buff that guarantees a top 10 spot. If your guild still doesn't do any work to get there, then it wouldn't make the top 10.

I have been tossing around this idea that if your guild is NOT in the top 10 on that planet, its gets a small buff to CQ points the next week. For example:

1. First week not in the top 10: 5% buff to CQ points

2. 2nd week not in the top 10: 10% buff to CQ points

3. 3rd week not in the top 10: 15% buff to CQ points.

Reset if you hit top 10.

It would cap at 15%. Now understand, I just made those percentages up to make a point. It could be a lot less or more.

I think this helps the smaller guilds compete if they are just short of a top 10 rank every week. There isn't anything we can really do about tiny guilds that have a handful of members. There isn't a system that can propel them to the top fairly.

It also isn't a huge buff that guarantees a top 10 spot. If your guild still doesn't do any work to get there, then it wouldn't make the top 10.

or they could

- get more members

- merge with larger guild

- work harder (as I proved 2 weeks ago a single player can earn close to 2 million conquest points in one week if they put their mind to it)

Stop asking for EA to give you hand outs regarding Conquest points (and yes that EXACTLY what you are doing)

There is already multiple avenues open to you if being in the top 10 that important to you and you guild.

or they could

- get more members

- merge with larger guild

- work harder (as I proved 2 weeks ago a single player can earn close to 2 million conquest points in one week if they put their mind to it)

Stop asking for EA to give you hand outs regarding Conquest points (and yes that EXACTLY what you are doing)

There is already multiple avenues open to you if being in the top 10 that important to you and you guild.

It certainly wasn't posted about me directly. We don't make the top 10 and honestly, we don't care. I usually go for my personal conquest every week and that's about it.

It more directed at the tight knit, very successful guilds who clear content but are basically punished for being small.

It was more for constructive conversation. A handout would be a mega buff or a free ticket to the top 10. I don't know anyone asking for a handout. Are you against the last placed football team getting a number 1 draft pick? Are you against the salary cap in most professional sports?

Maybe you should call the NFL and let them know.

Edited by Arkerus

Define small. Define medium.

Because from my perspective and experience medium guilds are able to place just fine if they put up a fight... if by small you mean 4 people, well... good luck with that.

I don't have a definition for it. I don't have the data bioware has. This is more for discussion and I think you have a fair point.

What WOULD define small, medium and tiny? I think we can agree 4 is tiny. If you read my post, I covered tiny guilds. There isn't anything that can be done.

I don't have data to put exact numbers on the others. I assume an analysis could be done with the true dataset to help determine that. Large? That's easy. The massive public guilds that allow all players in. Again, this is for discussion. Its not data analysis.

if you don't like the idea, by all means express it.

Edited by Arkerus

I don't have a definition for it. I don't have the data bioware has. This is more for discussion and I think you have a fair point.

What WOULD define small, medium and tiny? I think we can agree 4 is tiny. If you read my post, I covered tiny guilds. There isn't anything that can be done.

I don't have data to put exact numbers on the others. I assume an analysis could be done with the true dataset to help determine that. Large? That's easy. The massive public guilds that allow all players in. Again, this is for discussion. Its not data analysis.

if you don't like the idea, by all means express it.

Well, I just think it's unnecessary. Our guild typically has about 15-20 people online in peak hours. We select our planets wisely. We have a small highly active core with more casual players as part of our group as well. We placed on the leaderboards 3/4 weeks; and we willfully selected not to place the off-week.

To me, we would be considered medium if not on the smaller end of medium. I guess it's one of those scenarios where if we can do it, anyone can... but be ready to put in some work to make it happen. And really, I can't think of a percentage system that wouldn't be gamed. Strategically take a week not to place, then come back the next week with a bonus... I just see that being used by large guilds to bolster themselves against each other... meanwhile any of the guilds not in a server's top 30-50 (on average) will pretty much always have the buff anyways.

Mmm...

I don't believe in hand-outs despite of the excuse given, and in this case there is no exception. It is obvious for planetary scale operations a large guild with greater resources will outshine the small ones, its only logical. What is not logical is for a small guild with few resources to find itself competive with the large guilds in large enterprises such planetary conquest; its just plain crazy. Think of it like this, a guild with several hundred very powerful players descends on a planet and takes over the few cities it has, this is marginally believable, same planet a guild with 10 players lands and takes it over, frankly totally unbelievable.

I think conquests should have major, medium, and minor goals. In another post I made, I suggested that if one was to look at a planet, it normally had about 5 districts or areas, and each district themselves had about 5 zones themselves. It would seem to me if the medium guilds went over a district and focused operations there, they could actually beat a large guild in that particular area, when you get to a locality small guilds and even individuals could gain such recognition of being the warlord of that piece of the map.

I believe segmenting the planet, would allow for more recognition of achievements in the appropriate scale.

Sue

Mmm...

I don't believe in hand-outs despite of the excuse given, and in this case there is no exception. It is obvious for planetary scale operations a large guild with greater resources will outshine the small ones, its only logical. What is not logical is for a small guild with few resources to find itself competive with the large guilds in large enterprises such planetary conquest; its just plain crazy. Think of it like this, a guild with several hundred very powerful players descends on a planet and takes over the few cities it has, this is marginally believable, same planet a guild with 10 players lands and takes it over, frankly totally unbelievable.

I think conquests should have major, medium, and minor goals. In another post I made, I suggested that if one was to look at a planet, it normally had about 5 districts or areas, and each district themselves had about 5 zones themselves. It would seem to me if the medium guilds went over a district and focused operations there, they could actually beat a large guild in that particular area, when you get to a locality small guilds and even individuals could gain such recognition of being the warlord of that piece of the map.

I believe segmenting the planet, would allow for more recognition of achievements in the appropriate scale.

Sue

I can see that...I like it.

That said, I chuckle at all the "handout" terminology being thrown around. As I said above...are you against "handouts" in professional sports? What is a handout and what is leveling the playing field?

I find also find it kind of funny that a bunch of people who sit at a computer all day and play a video game are SO HARDCORE against any kind of buff or "handout". Let's be real people. We aren't competing for a million dollars. We aren't athletes. We aren't being paid to do this. Let's drop the "handout" BS.

I can see that...I like it.

That said, I chuckle at all the "handout" terminology being thrown around. As I said above...are you against "handouts" in professional sports? What is a handout and what is leveling the playing field?

I find also find it kind of funny that a bunch of people who sit at a computer all day and play a video game are SO HARDCORE against any kind of buff or "handout". Let's be real people. We aren't competing for a million dollars. We aren't athletes. We aren't being paid to do this. Let's drop the "handout" BS.

No, we PAY to play this and I reject you demand that you are a special little flower that needs to be handed everything others dare to do to achieve their goals.

NO WHERE does it say ANYWHERE you will be handed everything and given everything on your own terms to avoid any sort of accomplishment having meaning.

Isnt it bad enough your type have made Makeb basically unplayable because of your whines and moans and groans about (in little girl voice) "it being so dang hard and tough and mister fuzzy just wants hugs from everyone"

Many flashpoints are a joke now after being so drastically reduced because fo whines about them being to tough

Makeb is boring now because of mob density being reduced heavily that once I spent hours every week there. Now I have taken it right out of rotation because its so dull and boring with zero challenge

YOU are NOT a pro athelete

YOU are not a franchise owner

And your pro sport analogy is crap because 1 ticket buyer doesnt get the NFL to change its design just cause your team sucks and cant compete.

You are clearly not happy with your guilds lack of ability to garner conquest points

So its up to YOU, not EA to fix the problem by finding a guild you will be happy competition wise with

I am in 3 guilds.

2 small guilds that will NEVER compete for top 10, and thats perfectly ok to me as thats not why Im in those guilds

the one progression guild I am in is a top 10 guild (despite being small to medium size ranking). We will never take top spot, but thats ok as long as we challenge ourselves to do our best and remain in the top 10 (many weeks top 3-5)

If your unhappy with your current guild progression,

FIND A NEW GUILD YOU ARE HAPPY WITH

Otherwise zip it and stop trying to get free handout for no effort like you are here

You types who want everything handed to them are killing this genre and soon all we will have is "Hello Kitty Online" to look forward to.

If the game to tough for you, go play WOW or a assortment of games that already have zero challenge in them

STOP trying to remove the little challenge remaining in SW:TOR

Why does anybody think that every guild should be in top 10? If you don`t have the manpower and can`t recruit more ppl then this event is not for you. It`s always awesome when some 12 year old makes a guild just because in his head that is cool and has no idea how to run it or handle it but hey "I`m a guild leader! I know stuff". Edited by iDraxter

My guild is extremely small. Less than 10 individual accounts. To be honest, without violating HPAA, it serves other purposes besides the usual stuff in a MMORPG.

But in no way, shape, or form do we want a "participation trophy", or "help" of the kind mentioned by the OP.

And in the interest of full disclosure, it's not that we don't have the money (we do), but we looked at the "rewards" for Conquest, collectively laughed, and are now arguing as to what to do with our "new found riches". My vote is a full Revan's outfit so everyone can look like 'Space Jesus' (tm - somebody funnier than me) but the "debate" rages on, shall we say.

Mmm...

I used the word hand-out for it best describes in functional terms the effect of "leveling the field" as a player politically correct stated.

When it gets to conquer a planet, how could it be possible to level the field? Use different metrics? Guild one is enourmous they have to make 100K points per member, guild-two has one thus they only need 100K. At the end of the week, we declare the guild of 1 the conqueror of the planet? Kinda dumb, is it not? But hey, we leveled the field nice and good.

I do agree that medium and smaller guilds, wnats their time under the lime light, heck even individuals want it too. That is why I suggested to break the planet into several discrete achievements to make room for all players, without the need of the so called "leveling the field"

Sue

I think it is a good suggestion, im in a relatively small guild with only around 200-300 members (ofcourse many are alts etc) but were usually around 20- 30 online at a time every day, problem is we never ever make it to top ten, we are doing conquest well enough but ofcourse the huge hardcore guilds will be the same ones to get the guild reward every week, seriously, the leaderboards dont change, its the same guilds in the same spots every week.

Now people say that we should just merge with bigger guilds, but that kinda ruins the idea of a guild, then its not a guild anymore, just a large amount of people you dont know. We dont want to merge with other guilds, we just want our guild to have a shot at getting the guild reward once in a while.

But of course everyone in the huge guilds who make leaderboards every week, will think it is fair and everything is fine and shouldn't be changed, because they aren't feeling the negative effects of the system.

An idea would be to limit the amount of consecutive weeks where your guild can appear in the leaderboard, like say you can get a max of 4 weeks on the leaderboard, after that, you have to wait 2 weeks before you can be on leaderboard again. It is just annoying seeing the exact same guilds, in the same spots, on the leaderboard, week after week.

If that is too much to ask too, then at least offer us ways to expand our guild flagship, that doesn't require us to hit top 10 leaderboards on conquest every week for the encryptions. Else it would encourage a lot of people to have 1 character in top 10 leaderboard guilds just to get the encryptions, which they then would transfer to their own guild....

Edited by Daxer

Mmm...

Limiting how many times a guild can win, won't solve it either, it just means one of the ten largest is assured a victory, but the medium and small guilds are still out of luck, and the concept in itself is just wrong.

Once more, having smaller goals as part of conquest with scaled rewards seems to me the fairest venue, it is true that a small guild winning small goals will take longer to advance their ship, but they will be able to advance their ship. It is only logical that a huge guild will be able to acquire huge gains, just as a little guild should be able to make small gains. The problem with the current system, is that the small guilds can't make those small gains because the lack of granularity in conquests.

Sue