Please Make Sure HK-55 Is Given To Players Who Qualify With Ossus Auto-Complete

arunav

HK-55 and Z0-0M should be made available with the auto-complete option to access Ossus in 5.10.

Subscribers paid for both, unlike other companions. Z0-0M especially cost 6 or more months' subscription time, if I recall correctly.

In general, however, I think all companion alliance alerts should auto-complete and the corresponding companions be made available. It's completely unreasonable to expect players to take all their alts through KotXX and then Iokath and the Traitor FP arc.

Please let us decide which companions we'd like to use and which we'll just ignore with the Ossus auto-complete function.

Edited by arunav

Did they state that it won't complete any alliance alerts or provide HK-55 for those that have him?

No specific information was given on the recent stream.

I posted the OP as a reminder to BW to at least treat HK-55 differently, because subscribers did pay for access to him.

It would be ridiculous to expect us to take a dozen or more alts through KotFE Ch. 9 and do the alliance alert for him and any other companions we'd prefer to have, some of which you'd have to go all the way to ch 16 or later (like Iokath or past the Traitor FPs) to gain the appropriate Alliance Alerts.

Pretty sure in the stream they did say that alerts will auto complete.

As for the HK-55 chapter, as it’s not part of the story, I’m not sure on. Even if it didn’t I’m sure you could still do it.

Edited by Ld-Siris

As for the HK-55 chapter, as it’s not part of the story, I’m not sure on. Even if it didn’t I’m sure you could still do it.

Auto complete how? Like if I still haven't done Blizz's alert will I have Blizz and Guss available or neither?

I don’t think they will automatically add an armamentarium of companions for bypassing KOTXX, (I really like that abbreviation btw, thanks for that) because then it would bypass content requirements like the 20 PVP matches for Pierce/Forex, or the rakghoul stuff for Lokin, or Eternal Championship rounds like for Bowdaar, or the Star Fortress ones. But, it could make all alliance alerts immediately available, except for ones gated behind others, like the Dashade gated after Talos Drelik and Guss after Blizz. HK-55’s alliance alert would be included in that list, since it is immediately available once you do Yuun’s recruitment with chapter 9.

They royally screwed up companions with KotFE / KotET - hopefully they can put something in place to allow us to better manage companions, including gaining HK-55 reward follower on any character, and being able to delete / inactivate companions from the companion list.

I just started playing again (I did qualify for HK-55 way back when it was on offer), and have characters with multiples of the same companion (like 2X Torian on my Merc), others missing a companion (like Lokin on my Op) that no amount of clicking through the byzantine menus on the base terminal thing will restore (get the 'you have all your comps' message), and multiple characters filled with lists of dozens of companions - most with no story or real purpose that I'd just assume remove from the list.

Edited by DawnAskham

They royally screwed up companions with KotFE / KotET - hopefully they can put something in place to allow us to better manage companions, including gaining HK-55 reward follower on any character, and being able to delete / inactivate companions from the companion list.

I just started playing again (I did qualify for HK-55 way back when it was on offer), and have characters with multiples of the same companion (like 2X Torian on my Merc), others missing a companion (like Lokin on my Op) that no amount of clicking through the byzantine menus on the base terminal thing will restore (get the 'you have all your comps' message), and multiple characters filled with lists of dozens of companions - most with no story or real purpose that I'd just assume remove from the list.

Yes a new UI would be great. Hitting N and scrolling for two days to find the one you want is awful.

Auto complete how? Like if I still haven't done Blizz's alert will I have Blizz and Guss available or neither?

That is the question as they just said default choices.

And yeah I know the requirements to get some of the comps like pierce but tbh KOTXX is done and over. And I don’t see them taking away your specific comps. As for the others I assume the default choices would be things like LS/DS and faction. Like old stuff you can automatically complete you won’t get achievements and rewards but you’ll still get some of the comps.

Yes a new UI would be great. Hitting N and scrolling for two days to find the one you want is awful.

My god yes. Not to meantion some of the comps aren’t where you’d think they’d be. Like the ship droids aren’t in the droid section, they are in others. Or class comps you got back are in a different section then class comps. It’s a huge mess.

Aren't there some achievements to get companions at 100% achievement by completing some alerts from them as well as completing the original class stories, especially the hidden achievements for Rusk/Skadge/Nico/etc.? I'm pretty sure I labored to get all companions to 100% that way.

Wouldn't auto-complete nullify the efforts of players who took the trouble to complete the achievements?

We labored to get the achievements and now everyone just gets them via auto-complete?

Edited by xordevoreaux

Aren't there some achievements to get companions at 100% achievement by completing some alerts from them as well as completing the original class stories, especially the hidden achievements for Rusk/Skadge/Nico/etc.? I'm pretty sure I labored to get all companions to 100% that way.

Wouldn't auto-complete nullify the efforts of players who took the trouble to complete the achievements?

We labored to get the achievements and now everyone just gets them via auto-complete?

Is there precedent for them auto-completing achievements that weren't actually earned? That doesn't sound like anything they would do.

It would probably be like the skip-to-60/65 tokens--they do not auto-complete or auto-grant titles and achievements just because you skipped everything up to KOTXX

Edited by aerockyul

I labored to get all the classes to level 60 and then 65 and yet you can buy a token to auto boost your character to those levels and get the achievement, undermining my labor.

Also. I doubt it will give you 100% of the achievements for comps gained. You still have to do the other stuff.

I labored to get all the classes to level 60 and then 65 and yet you can buy a token to auto boost your character to those levels and get the achievement, undermining my labor.

Also. I doubt it will give you 100% of the achievements for comps gained. You still have to do the other stuff.

I used a level 60 token on a pref account and received no achievement for hitting 60 on that account.

And auto-complete should award 0% achievement for companion quests.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Is there precedent for them auto-completing achievements that weren't actually earned? That doesn't sound like anything they would do.

It would probably be like the skip-to-60/65 tokens--they do not auto-complete or auto-grant titles and achievements just because you skipped everything up to KOTXX

Companions are a little different than a title. If any companion (including your originals) that you could get back from KOTXX and the Alliance Alerts are automatically blocked (or auto-completed as "failed") then it will undo one of the major reasons players don't want to play KOTXX (and some, like me, left this game for almost 2 years). It would be a bad business decision. They should at LEAST give you all the returned companions who survive KOTXX (maybe a choice between Torian and Vette? Shouldn't have to miss both) and all of the Alliance Alerts available to complete - even if they need to create new hand-offs to do those missions instead of whoever-on-Odesson.

Don't forget Z0-0M as well.

Good point - I forgot about Z0-0M because I don't use that droid much, even though it's the best healer.

Edited the OP. Can't edit the title, but I suppose I can start a different thread to make sure the Devs see it.

Edited by arunav

I used a level 60 token on a pref account and received no achievement for hitting 60 on that account.

And auto-complete should award 0% achievement for companion quests.

I did for one of the pubs I made that I never played. Used a master datacron. (Sub)

Edited by Ld-Siris

Companions are a little different than a title. If any companion (including your originals) that you could get back from KOTXX and the Alliance Alerts are automatically blocked (or auto-completed as "failed") then it will undo one of the major reasons players don't want to play KOTXX (and some, like me, left this game for almost 2 years). It would be a bad business decision. They should at LEAST give you all the returned companions who survive KOTXX (maybe a choice between Torian and Vette? Shouldn't have to miss both) and all of the Alliance Alerts available to complete - even if they need to create new hand-offs to do those missions instead of whoever-on-Odesson.

Zordevoro was talking about the achievements attached to some of the alerts. I was saying I doubt they would auto complete those achievements, and people complain all the time about not getting autogranted titles and stuff they didn’t earn when they use those skip to level whatever tokens..

Your point about “fail” being default is a good one. Is that going to be the way they do it? Here they were giving us more comps than we could ever want and then they want to take THOSE away now? It’ll be 4.0 all over again :(

• 3 months later...

Even reminders to prevent bugged companions don't get through.

What else can players do to not have bugged companions and content?

This post was made months in advance, asking HK-55 and Z0-0M to be available properly after Ossus, as subscribers paid during particular months for them.

The Alliance Alert for HK-55 is still bugged after 5.10.1, approximately 2 months after Ossus was released (unless the patch notes didn't mention his fix). You can complete the quest, but HK-55 cannot be summoned afterwards.

Edited by arunav

Whatever happened to the old UI on the actual companion pane? When I came back (haven't played from 2013), I had to Google how to call a different companion, since the super old option no longer worked. How did they manage to mess that up?

HK-55 and Z0-0M should be made available with the auto-complete option to access Ossus in 5.10.

Subscribers paid for both, unlike other companions. Z0-0M especially cost 6 or more months' subscription time, if I recall correctly.

In general, however, I think all companion alliance alerts should auto-complete and the corresponding companions be made available. It's completely unreasonable to expect players to take all their alts through KotXX and then Iokath and the Traitor FP arc.

Please let us decide which companions we'd like to use and which we'll just ignore with the Ossus auto-complete function.

Have you NOT been getting the HK-55 and Z0-0M missions?

I didn't finish KotFEET on any character (pushed a few part way) and SKIPPED ahead to Ossus. When I did, The HK and Z0-0M missions became immediately available and tracked. For every character I've skipped ahead.

I thought they specifically said only Arcann's would because of the romance option. All others weren't supposed to. Did that change again?

Have you NOT been getting the HK-55 and Z0-0M missions?

I didn't finish KotFEET on any character (pushed a few part way) and SKIPPED ahead to Ossus. When I did, The HK and Z0-0M missions became immediately available and tracked. For every character I've skipped ahead.

The Alliance Alerts appear, but HK-55's is bugged since 5.10.

You can finish it, but he cannot be summoned afterwards (unless there was a stealth fix in 5.10.1 - it's not in the patch notes).

This thread is from October of last year. The point was we were trying to even remind the team about auto-complete to Ossus and these companions, and one of them still bugged out. Please read the bottom of page 2 in the thread - you missed it.

HK-55 and Z0-0M were specifically singled out because they were paid subscriber rewards. I would have never guessed how many other companions would be affected by the auto-complete, and now "the fix" in 5.10.1.

Currently, I'm not taking any of my characters save for the 2 that did the complete story up to Ossus beforehand into the most current content, because of how badly bugged companions get. Certainly, I don't want to lose or have influence 50 crafting companions set to 1. This has happened to multiple guildies.

Edited by arunav