6.0 storyline theory

BlacksheepofWI

Wanted to just toss this question out there with my personal theory. What are your thoughts on how this story will return to the good old rep vs emp war?

My personal hopeful storyline is making it take place DURING the kotfe/kotet timeline. What I mean is... we already know that the republic and empire were not just playing around during the alliance vs eternal emp period. What if the storyline follow the story of those who were still within the republic or empire not directly related to the eternal conflict? With the whole main storyline of kotfe/kotet going on in zakull, odesson, and several places in the known galaxy, I just thought it would be interesting to explore what the two traditional forces were up to and what they were going through.

Also I just wanted a story that would make sense for my alts (PCs that were not the "alliance commander" in my head canon)

Anyways what are your theories??

Anyways what are your theories??

My main theory is that there is absolutely zero chance that it will follow your suggestion. It makes no sense for any character that follows the story as included to suddenly go back four or five years to continue their story while they are *simultaneously* elsewhere frozen in carbonite.

Equally, they are not going to write two (sets of) stories, one for characters who followed KotFE/ET/Traitor/Ossus and one for characters who did not.

My main theory is that there is absolutely zero chance that it will follow your suggestion. It makes no sense for any character that follows the story as included to suddenly go back four or five years to continue their story while they are *simultaneously* elsewhere frozen in carbonite.

Equally, they are not going to write two (sets of) stories, one for characters who followed KotFE/ET/Traitor/Ossus and one for characters who did not.

Pretty much this.

Totally abandoning existing characters/storylines will never happen. They need to at least try and keep things consistent.

That being said, it is possible to have a side quest/chapter playing as a different character (probably Theron/Lana) during that time period. Not very likely but it is possible.