Having a hard time deciding between Trooper or Smuggler

DeVanagloris

Class stories don't change based on AC so I'm not sure why you think those would be funnier to play. You're getting the exact same story if you play a Gunslinger or a Scoundrel.

Yes the story is exactly the same for both ACs, but the immersion and small bits of roleplaying i do along the way are not.

There is definitely a huge difference between being a Scoundrel who dirty kicks people and attacks with just 1 blaster pistol (a la Han Solo, or Mal Reynolds) or being a Gunslinger who crouches behind a tech shield and shoots everything that moves. Same applies for Vanguard and Commando, specially because the huge blaster cannon is in many ways immersion breaking for me.

Again, SiegePro provided a very good explanation on this previously in the thread, i totally agree with him on that. It's just a matter of your head canon, the cutscenes, story and small bits of roleplaying i do here and there. I cant play comfortably if, for instance, i see my Commando carrying a huge cannon around as if it were nothing, or if i see my Gunslinger hiding behind a tech cover. Hence why i picked those subclasses.

I try to be as comfortable and satisfied as i can with my choices (varying from character design, to outfits, weapons, tunings and mounts, to ACs and specs) because a full story playthrough actually lasts quite a lot depending on your time avilable, and if i realize further down the road that i'm not happy with my character, i know i'll abandon it.

Edited by DeVanagloris