IA Storyline, "Dark Meeting" with Lord Jadus

Darkyievador

At the end of the conversation Lord Jadus asks to bow before him and if you don't, you are getting killed and obviously not working for him.

I wonder what happens if you do bow - do you get any other special quests or rewards? Is the choice of bowing or not important for upcoming story or it doesn't change anything?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
I chose to work for Jadus. I was then sent to kill darth zhorrid? And am the in with the man jadus himself now acting as his instrument.

no thats later in the story not this mission. this mission is on dromund kaas.

having both bowed and not bowed(tho its hard for me not to. i just feel defiant to the sith and their supremecy everytime i play an agent), there is no difference, except you dont die. im sure youve prob completely forgotten about this thread by now but still just thought id put this out there.

no thats later in the story not this mission. this mission is on dromund kaas.

having both bowed and not bowed(tho its hard for me not to. i just feel defiant to the sith and their supremecy everytime i play an agent), there is no difference, except you dont die. im sure youve prob completely forgotten about this thread by now but still just thought id put this out there.

I'm glad you answered that, as I was wondering that myself.

I chose not to bow and was surprised that it actually killed me to be honest.

Although was funny to see it show in the chat log that I cast 'kill self' or something. :p

I can't recall exactly what happened to my IA definitely didn't bow. He's loyal to intelligence, not the Sith.

I haven't tried it any other way so I can't speak for what the other options have.

Okay I decided to work for him so he obviously let me go. But you guys are saying that if you don't, he kills you. How does that work??? Are you getting cloned or what?

Also I have heard that you can arrest him.

Edited by Path-x

There is no death, there is the respawn.

This always slightly worries me. I'm like, "If I can respawn, can others?"

Who knows? There may be legions of people I thought were dead just waiting at some spawn point, ready to take me out. Chilling!

Actually I was asking how does it work from storyline perspective?

I don't think that it's a decision that the game remembers.

I can verify that even if you refuse to kneel to Jadus, you can still join with him, same as if you did kneel before him.

The biggest difference to me is "head canon" such as it is. I think that after being electrocuted to death by a Sith Lord, most of us are going to be a bit more wary of them. But you could totally get your character electrocuted and still be all "I <3 the Sith!" just for the heck of it. The game doesn't stop you.

You die, respawn, go back to Jadus, and then redo the conversation as though the previous instance of the conversation never happened.

Oh I see... so it is basically just an in-game mechanism that forces you to obey. It is not really a story point. :)

Edited by Path-x

Oh I see... so it is basically just an in-game mechanism that forces you to obey. It is not really a story point. :)

Actually, storyline wise Darth Jadus only knocks you out (the last thing he says is along the lines of 'when you wake up' it's just that the mechanic of what happens is similar to what happens when you get 'killed' by a mob.

Also, the conversation doesn't start again, or, certainly didn't for me. The story just continued from there.

Actually, storyline wise Darth Jadus only knocks you out (the last thing he says is along the lines of 'when you wake up' it's just that the mechanic of what happens is similar to what happens when you get 'killed' by a mob.

Also, the conversation doesn't start again, or, certainly didn't for me. The story just continued from there.

Oh then I was misinformed. :o That's what I get for answering on a storyline I have yet to play yet.